E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > DIY: Setup BMW Standard Tools 2.12 on Windows XP > 10

12-17-2016, 01:13 AM   #441
Juss1
Registered
Rep
Drives: E91 LCI 330d

INPA fow N57

Hi!

First of all thank you very much for this thread. I used this on my E46 and E60 and it worked like a charm.

Now I have a 2009 E91 330d with the n57. I noticed that this package has support for n47, is there data available for n57? INPA says it wants D73N57B0 script if I try to run anything on it. Or should I just move over to ISTA?

If so, is it true that ISTA-D could use the same EDIABAS or do I have to start all over from zero with the software configuration?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2016, 05:52 PM   #442
xyzed
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i E92

FTDI Driver

What driver version is being used without any problems?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2016, 07:09 PM   #443
asquared
E39
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2000 540i

Getting an issue after everything is setup involving NCS and WinKFP. Neither of them will open. INPA works just fine. Followed the guide exactly, I'm running on a 64 bit. I did notice the NCSEXPER and NCSEXPER_64 folders that are downloaded do not have the same info, could that be a problem? I ensured all folders are in there per the OP. Here are the faults I'm getting.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-26-2016, 07:25 PM   #444
jazredgt
Estoril Tings
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M 2018 X3 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW  [0.00]
2018 BMW X3 M40i  [0.00]
Do i use the e89 daten for my e92?

2020 X3M - Stock
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2016, 01:56 PM   #445
tryingtobebest
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90

REINSTALLING THE WHOLE THING!
Simple question which is very confusing!!!!

STEP 14 Asks you to DELETE 3 folders one of which is "NCSEXPERT" BUT,
While installing i only get folder "NCSEXPER" (NO "T" in the name) and this folder shown in step 14 picture that it DOESN'T have to be removed!!!????

Should i delete this folder or not? (If im using 64 bit version and copying "NCSEXPER_64" folder)

Also

In step 17 when step 5 (Button 5, when all the folders are initiated and all the empty folders been created)
When pressing Button 5 It asks: "DO YOU WANT TO BACK UP THE EXISTING FILES?" Im not sure what to press, already did reinstall like 5 times and both ways didn't work!

THX

EDIT:
Redownload all the MAIN files from FIRST POST in ZIP format, but cant UNZIP them, there is some kind of error there!
REdownloaded and reinstalled winrar, error is still there!

Last edited by tryingtobebest; 12-28-2016 at 04:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2016, 12:09 AM   #446
ill_kuma
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70

I am also getting an error. I think it is password protected.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2017, 07:48 PM   #447
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
Getting an issue after everything is setup involving NCS and WinKFP. Neither of them will open. INPA works just fine. Followed the guide exactly, I'm running on a 64 bit. I did notice the NCSEXPER and NCSEXPER_64 folders that are downloaded do not have the same info, could that be a problem? I ensured all folders are in there per the OP. Here are the faults I'm getting.
Go to the C:\NCSEXPER\bin (or C:\NCSEXPER_64\bin) folder and run the NCSEXPER.exe file from there.

WinKFP, you have to import the DATEN in order for it open/work.

BMW Coding Tool requires that you actually click on the "E89" folder. If you renamed it, change it back to E89.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazredgt View Post
Yes, E89 covers all E9x chassis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryingtobebest View Post

While installing i only get folder "NCSEXPER" (NO "T" in the name) and this folder shown in step 14 picture that it DOESN'T have to be removed!!!????

Should i delete this folder or not? (If im using 64 bit version and copying "NCSEXPER_64" folder)

Also

In step 17 when step 5 (Button 5, when all the folders are initiated and all the empty folders been created)
When pressing Button 5 It asks: "DO YOU WANT TO BACK UP THE EXISTING FILES?" Im not sure what to press, already did reinstall like 5 times and both ways didn't work!

THX

EDIT:
Redownload all the MAIN files from FIRST POST in ZIP format, but cant UNZIP them, there is some kind of error there!
It was a typo on my screen when I initially created the DIY, I'll be fixing that soon. For 64 bit, delete C:\NCSEXPER and replace with NCSEXPER_64 and delete the _64 from the file name. Or, leave it named that way and select that folder when assigning your default NCS folder.

Unless you've already installed other DATEN files successfully, you don't need to back anything up because there isn't anything to backup.

Download them all individually, not as a zip file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ill_kuma View Post
Download them all individually, not as a zip file. There shouldn't be any password protected files for this download.

Last edited by Joe@TopGearSolutions; 01-06-2017 at 07:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2017, 10:00 AM   #448
slade
Rep
Drives: 328xi

I followed the instructions in the PDF file, got to step 16 where you click on the Update WinKFP button in the BMW Coding Tool program, and got a "Method '~' of object '~' failed" error (see screenshot). Anyone know how to fix this?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-02-2017, 10:23 AM   #449
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slade View Post
I followed the instructions in the PDF file, got to step 16 where you click on the Update WinKFP button in the BMW Coding Tool program, and got a "Method '~' of object '~' failed" error (see screenshot). Anyone know how to fix this?
Yes, clear up some space on your C drive. You need about 12-15 GB free space in order to import the full E89 DATENs.

Last edited by Joe@TopGearSolutions; 01-06-2017 at 07:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2017, 01:58 PM   #450
asquared
E39
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@TopGearSolutions View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
Go to the C:\NCSEXPER\bin (or C:\NCSEXPER_64\bin) folder and run the NCSEXPER.exe file from there.

WinKFP, you have to import the DATEN in order for it open/work.

BMW Coding Tool requires that you actually click on the "E89" folder. If you renamed it, change it back to E89.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazredgt View Post
Yes, E89 covers all E9x chassis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryingtobebest View Post

Also

THX

EDIT:
It was a typo on my screen when I initially created the DIY, I'll be fixing that soon. For 64 bit, delete C:\NCSEXPER and replace with NCSEXPER_64 and delete the _64 from the file name. Or, leave it named that way and select that folder when assigning your default NCS folder.

Unless you've already installed other DATEN files successfully, you don't need to back anything up because there isn't anything to backup.

Download them all individually, not as a zip file.

Quote:
Download them all individually, not as a zip file. There shouldn't be any password protected files for this download.
Hey Joe I'm getting this error after finally opening NCS. Doesn't let me open any profile. Any ideas? I have all files in where they need to be. INPA works fine as I just coded my injectors so I know the install went fine. My PFL files are also in the NCS folder.
Attached Images

Last edited by asquared; 01-02-2017 at 07:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2017, 05:35 PM   #451
langsbr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Hi Joe, I used your tutorial to setup all of the software (well, part of it at first - I had issues with downloading from Mega, so I used corrected files from a tutorial called Final_V49_2014 All updated). It still had most of NCS Expert in German, but following a tutorial, I successfully enabled the digital speedometer in the cluster.

Feeling enthused by the early success, I decided to code for the sirius tuner I'm installing. Tutorials have said that the only thing needed to be done is remove $693 VO and add $655. I did that to both the CAS and NRFM using the FA_WRITE and it gave no errrors. I never got the sirius/sat radio option in the stereo (07 w/IDrive CCC). Another post said to process the car, which I did, and I understand that that goes thru all the modules and will reset them back, so I would lose my coding of the speedo. No worries, I did it once, I can do it again.

It gave an error during the processing of the car though - COAPI-2020: no answer from ecu. IFH-0009: NO RESPONSE FROM CONTROL UNIT. It does not say which ecu though.

It still had no sat radio option, so I said I'll worry about that later and just get my digital speedo back.

I was able to get all of your files from mega, which is much nicer, as everything is in English, or at least moreso. Now, however, upon every attempt of coding the KOMMBI I get COAPI-2063: error verifying coding data.

I'm stuck here and a bit apprehensive about trying to code any other modules when something so simple isn't going thru. Any ideas?

Thank you for all your hard work on this, as well as your tutorial. You're an asset to the community!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2017, 08:11 PM   #452
asquared
E39
No_Country
Rep

Nevermind Joe....I got it figured out. Apparently I cant copy the NCS.exe onto my desktop. Anytime I do that and open i get errors. When I open it within the folder, it boots up correctly and allows me to choose the CNCoding profile. Thanks for all your help
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2017, 08:58 AM   #453
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by langsbr View Post
Hi Joe, I used your tutorial to setup all of the software (well, part of it at first - I had issues with downloading from Mega, so I used corrected files from a tutorial called Final_V49_2014 All updated). It still had most of NCS Expert in German, but following a tutorial, I successfully enabled the digital speedometer in the cluster.

Feeling enthused by the early success, I decided to code for the sirius tuner I'm installing. Tutorials have said that the only thing needed to be done is remove $693 VO and add $655. I did that to both the CAS and NRFM using the FA_WRITE and it gave no errrors. I never got the sirius/sat radio option in the stereo (07 w/IDrive CCC). Another post said to process the car, which I did, and I understand that that goes thru all the modules and will reset them back, so I would lose my coding of the speedo. No worries, I did it once, I can do it again.

It gave an error during the processing of the car though - COAPI-2020: no answer from ecu. IFH-0009: NO RESPONSE FROM CONTROL UNIT. It does not say which ecu though.

It still had no sat radio option, so I said I'll worry about that later and just get my digital speedo back.

I was able to get all of your files from mega, which is much nicer, as everything is in English, or at least moreso. Now, however, upon every attempt of coding the KOMMBI I get COAPI-2063: error verifying coding data.

I'm stuck here and a bit apprehensive about trying to code any other modules when something so simple isn't going thru. Any ideas?

Thank you for all your hard work on this, as well as your tutorial. You're an asset to the community!
Using Expert Mode in NCS, default code the KOMBI and see if that works. If it does, try the other profile and read the module. If you can read it, and the NETTODAT window pops up, try using NCS Dummy to to code it.

Appreciate 0
      01-03-2017, 07:36 PM   #454
langsbr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Thanks Joe. I used expert mode and defaulted KOMBI and then used the coding profile to set the digital speedo.

I was also able to change the VO successfully and get the SAT option to show up in my iDrive!

Thank you again for your contributions on coding!
Appreciate 1
      01-03-2017, 11:23 PM   #455
slade
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Yes, clear up some space on your C drive. You need about 12-15 GB free space in order to import the full E89 DATENs.
That worked! Thanks!!!
Appreciate 1
      01-04-2017, 01:13 PM   #456
ill_kuma
Rep

Quote:
Ok, for everyone that has the same problem as me. Its actually very simple, you just need to unzip it with the program 7-zip.

Is there anyway someone can host the complete files/folders somewhere else than mediafire?
Maybe zip it and host it in mega?

Last edited by ill_kuma; 01-04-2017 at 03:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 03:37 PM   #457
ill_kuma
Rep

When I try to download 1 file at a time, I encountered this problem. Some files has "?" which mediafire reads it as a empty file. And mediafire does not let you download these files.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 04:01 PM   #458
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep

Quote:
When I try to download 1 file at a time, I encountered this problem. Some files has "?" which mediafire reads it as a empty file. And mediafire does not let you download these files.
Download the folder itself, not the individual files.

Appreciate 0
      01-05-2017, 10:33 AM   #459
ill_kuma
Rep

Quote:
Download the folder itself, not the individual files.
I tried to download the folders itself (a few times) but it's still missing some files that has "0 byte" size. For example, I downloaded the NCSEXPER folder and I check the BIN folder. The original has 12 files and when I unzip, there is only 11. It is missing the file named "VMGEN.ERG". There are other folders that is missing many files.

I initially finished the installation and imported the DATEN file. INPA seems to load fine but NCSEXPER is not in english and has errors when trying to load a profile. Therefore, I am trying to download everything again and reinstall. Thats when I notices the missing files...I did create the missing folders though.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-05-2017, 04:04 PM   #460
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep

Quote:
I tried to download the folders itself (a few times) but it's still missing some files that has "0 byte" size. For example, I downloaded the NCSEXPER folder and I check the BIN folder. The original has 12 files and when I unzip, there is only 11. It is missing the file named "VMGEN.ERG". There are other folders that is missing many files.

I initially finished the installation and imported the DATEN file. INPA seems to load fine but NCSEXPER is not in english and has errors when trying to load a profile. Therefore, I am trying to download everything again and reinstall. Thats when I notices the missing files...I did create the missing folders though.
I noticed you're downloading the 32 bit version of NCS. Make sure you're trying to use the _64 version, if you that's what you have.

Last edited by Joe@TopGearSolutions; 01-06-2017 at 07:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2017, 11:51 PM   #461
WatashiEd
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4 DCT

One of the best guideline out there! Thanks!
Sapphire Black M4 | iPE - Valvetronic exhaust | VRSF 3″ catless dp | Bootmod 3 Stage 2 | OEM LED alcantara steering wheel | OEM M4 GTS CF hood | Vorsteiner GT wing | M Performance CF splitter | Vorsteiner CF front lip | M Performance CF side skirt extension | 3D CF diffuser | OEM CF mirror cap | H&R lower spring | Rays Engineering TE37 Ultra Bronze 20x10F 20x11R
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2017, 07:45 AM   #462
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep

The package is now a 7 zip file that is not password protected, which will alleviate everyone from having to download each folder separately or having to create empty folders.
Appreciate 0