E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > OT- Att: kite boarders & windsurfers, any lawyers??

01-26-2012, 04:43 AM   #1
B-737
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: a car.

Garage List
2011 328 xi  [7.26]
Post OT- Att: kite boarders & windsurfers, any lawyers??

I'm trying to get this out to every communication outlet I know including windsurf forums, twitter, ect.

If you're here and you're a kite boarder or windsurfer in NJ then please read this. If you have any law background we could use some help.

I have set up a meeting with my local board of elected freeholders as well.

You're prob familiar with the "Seaside Launch" that we use on a south wind in the abandoned IBSP marina that is joint used with the kayak company. They are trying to throw windsurfers and kiters out and forbid us from using the state park.

Anyone who wishes to be included in our mailing list please post or PM me your email.

Thanks for reading,
Kevin

*FORWARD THIS TO ANYONE ELSE WHO WOULD* LIKE TO KEEP THE LAUNCH OPEN*
All:

I spoke with the NJDEP State Parks Concession Department. They had called me to inform that the they will be cutting off public access to the bay from the marina.*The Parking Lot and Marina are owned by the state (IBSP).

Two main reasons why:

YaksKayaks Rental Concession, owned by Larry Adams has filed complaints to IBSP and the State Concession office that we are posing a safety hazard to his customers.

The state says we are destroying vegetation along the water's edge beyond the area designated for kayak rental operations. (this is nonsense - our activities are a nominal disturbance to the natural environment compared other activities within IBSP)

2012 Plans:

The Marina will shut its operations completely, there will be no more slip rentals.
The North Dock/Piles will be removed while the South Dock will be taken over by the concession renting kayaks, rowboats, sailboats.

Key Arguments on our side:

The concessionaire should not have monopoly over the access point to the bay (there may be a clause in his contract stating that he cannot prevent individuals/groups from accessing the area he operates within)

Currently, IBSP does not have bayside access for windsurfers/kiteboarders. There are two bayside kayak launches within the park but they have banned us from there.

We are there mostly on windy days when the kayak business is completely down.

We promote environmentally-friendly recreation with non-motorized sports.
Collectively, we may be able to prevent the closing of this launch.

NJDEP Director in charge of this proposed shutdown:

John Trontis
Assistant Director of State Parks
John.Trontis@dep.state.nj.us
Phone - 609.292.2772
Phone # 2 (Concession Office: 609.777.0237)
Mailing Address:
501 East State Street
P.O. Box 404
Trenton, NJ 08625