E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Minor rear bumper damage- need advice on how to go about repair

10-08-2018, 03:21 PM   #1
Jacobharris
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i x-drive coupe

It appears someone nudged me in the parking lot and decided to hit & run.

Luckily, the damage appears very minor. The black scuff you see is smaller than a quarter, my thumb for reference.

The faded surrounding scratches/smudges appear not too deep.

Not sure if I should just go get the whole thing sanded/filled(if needed) and resprayed? If so, what would something like that run me, anyone have an idea?

Or do I just get the affected area sanded/filled(if needed) and then blended? Again, cost? Anyone know?

Or would this be something worth repairing on my own? I'm quite hands on and have no doubt I'd be able to do it. Only worries I have are ease of blend-ability with the space grey and orange peel w/ a rattle can.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 01:43 PM   #2
bluewater328
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 bluewater 328i LCI sedan

Dunno, that's pretty big for touch up paint, but I imagine it's possible. The rest could probably buff out.

Possibly sand area and blend.

This seller sells pens/brushes/spray for our color codes. Comes with primer and clear.
If you're familiar with this process, then you could give that a shot. Don't forget to follow up with a sealant.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/123347062070 (look on his other items for your paint code).
Appreciate 1