E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Valentine 1 Help

03-21-2007, 10:05 PM   #23
LOLrance
The Law.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknochild View Post
because if you know that your cops only use ka band you can turn both x and k off, almost the entire country turns off their x band, but most leave k on for that cop that still uses a k band gun (yes the do exist im sure even in socal)

if the cops in your area dont pull people over for speeding why did you ever get one in the first place

i meen you say its useless and annoying, and that cops in your area only use ka, and that you can turn of k an x, so basically you will have a totally silent detector until you run into a cop w/ his radar on, i fail to see how this is useless

im also very surprised that these companies have managed to steal 300+$ from so many people for so long with their useless products
Key word is run into a cop with his radar on. What about all the other instances where your speeding and you fly by a cop without his radar on. Were only talking about speeding. What about those people that weave in and out of lanes on the freeway and a cop sees you doing that. He doesn't need to pull out his radar to pull you over for that. So you'll never know that their was a cop behind you till you physically see him.
      03-21-2007, 10:15 PM   #24
teknochild
Your resident 4um troll
Rep
Drives: 335 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by l4wr3nc3 View Post
Key word is run into a cop with his radar on. What about all the other instances where your speeding and you fly by a cop without his radar on. Were only talking about speeding. What about those people that weave in and out of lanes on the freeway and a cop sees you doing that. He doesn't need to pull out his radar to pull you over for that. So you'll never know that their was a cop behind you till you physically see him.
AGAIN its a radar detector not a cop detector, its for people who choose to speed with the knowledge that our speeding laws are retarded

its NOT so that you can drive like an asshole and "weave in and out of lanes on the freeway"

your a tool if you do that and a tool if you bought a radar detector to let you do that (and given everything youve said it seems that was your goal)
      03-21-2007, 11:16 PM   #25
LOLrance
The Law.
Taiwan
Rep

You still have yet to prove to me that a radar detector is truly usefull. I have already said a few situations of MANY which a radar detector wont help you and you still choose to go back to its not a cop detector which i have already acknowledged its not.

Oh and your calling me a tool? If you learn to read correctly and see that i never said I weave in and out of traffic. It was only an example. Not that i have anything to prove to you, but i don't weave in and out of traffic and i rarely speed (but still thought i might need it so i bought one to try out. i was wrong).

Its kind of sad that your getting to upset over a discussion that you have to resort into trying to insult me. Lets talk about you then mr "I SPEED LIKE CRAZY". Its obvious that your the one who drives like a asshole considering you said so yourself you speed like crazy and if you have to "slam on your brakes" for fear of a cop, then you must be going pretty dam fast. Since its not for people who drive like assholes, i guess you should return yours then huh.
      03-21-2007, 11:37 PM   #26
teknochild
Your resident 4um troll
Rep

Quote:
You still have yet to prove to me that a radar detector is truly usefull. I have already said a few situations of MANY which a radar detector wont help you and you still choose to go back to its not a cop detector which i have already acknowledged its not.

Oh and your calling me a tool? If you learn to read correctly and see that i never said I weave in and out of traffic. It was only an example. Not that i have anything to prove to you, but i don't weave in and out of traffic and i rarely speed (but still thought i might need it so i bought one to try out. i was wrong).

Its kind of sad that your getting to upset over a discussion that you have to resort into trying to insult me. Lets talk about you then mr "I SPEED LIKE CRAZY". Its obvious that your the one who drives like a asshole considering you said so yourself you speed like crazy and if you have to "slam on your brakes" for fear of a cop, then you must be going pretty dam fast. Since its not for people who drive like assholes, i guess you should return yours then huh.
w/e dude, radar detectors work against cops and speeding tickets, they just dont help douches like you that think its a good idea to endanger the lives of other people on the road

note that you weave in and out of traffic, where as i speed on open un crowded roads
      03-21-2007, 11:43 PM   #27
markis64
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 Alpine White 330xi

Garage List
3006 e90 330xi  [0.00]
Honestly if you read your manual it gives a pretty good idea for the best setting for the situation at hand... of course you wont have time to adjust it at certain speeds before you see a cop but if your driving on the highway use the best mode for highway etc... I wouldn't say that cops dont have their guns on, on local streets cause thats where most tickets near me at least are given (30mph zones) etc. All in all V1 is probably the best you can buy, then again if your that afraid of getting caught buy a laser jammer, dont speed or move to germany plain and simple the laws are there for your safety and yes we all can atest to driving 80 in a 55 when there is no one around because sometimes we dont realize it but if your that worried about speeding through your towns you all are retarded did you ever think of killing a kid running across the street? just because you have a radar detector doesnt give anyone the right to drive like a schmuck

ok done with rant haha
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2007, 11:50 PM   #28
LOLrance
The Law.
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknochild View Post
w/e dude, radar detectors work against cops and speeding tickets, they just dont help douches like you that think its a good idea to endanger the lives of other people on the road

note that you weave in and out of traffic, where as i speed on open un crowded roads
I love how your trying to tell me how i drive. You dont know sh*t about me so dont act as if you know anything about me. Its pointless to argue with you that i never weave nor do i speed because unless you actually talk to the people that know me, i can never prove it. You on the other hand already admited that you speed like crazy so whos the asshole now?

I endanger lives? You openly admited to speeding like crazy and your trying to call me a douche?

Just stop talking because all you do is prove how much of a hypocrite you are. You still failed to prove me wrong so you repeatedly change the subject and try to insult me.

Jason, just close this threads or delete all this worthless arguing. Its obviously going no where.
      03-22-2007, 12:05 AM   #29
teknochild
Your resident 4um troll
Rep

Quote:
I love how your trying to tell me how i drive. You dont know sh*t about me so dont act as if you know anything about me. Its pointless to argue with you that i never weave nor do i speed because unless you actually talk to the people that know me, i can never prove it. You on the other hand already admited that you speed like crazy so whos the asshole now?

I endanger lives? You openly admited to speeding like crazy and your trying to call me a douche?

Just stop talking because all you do is prove how much of a hypocrite you are. You still failed to prove me wrong so you repeatedly change the subject and try to insult me.

Jason, just close this threads or delete all this worthless arguing. Its obviously going no where.
prove you wrong? the fact that houndreds of thousands of detectors sell each year for over 300$ does that for me (whats the passport 9500 450$? theyve sold a ton of those already since it came out this month)

either that or lots of people like to pay 300$ to be "annoyed" in their car

just admit you bought it because you wanted to drive like a pric and you found out it wasnt a cop detector
      03-22-2007, 12:15 AM   #30
wuufer001
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 M/T

Garage List
2006 325i  [9.34]
i only got one ticket after i got the radar. it was too late to brake, only doing 80 something and the cop clocked me at 81.
      03-22-2007, 08:09 AM   #31
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

Another member falls pray to teknochild's baiting and taunting.

Lawrence is fuming, punching things in his office. "That guy called me a tool!"

Tecknochild is quietly munching a danish, thinking about what to do for lunch.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2007, 08:11 AM   #32
teknochild
Your resident 4um troll
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post

:rocks:
      03-22-2007, 05:46 PM   #33
LOLrance
The Law.
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post

your so funny, why dont you go ride his balls some more.

Again, you dont know even know me yet you keep talking like your know everything about me. i find it hillarious. I want to drive like a pric? Right, mr i speed like crazy. Seriously, you should really stop talking because the more you talk, the more obvious how much a hypocrite you are.

Im done with this thread, keep having your loyal fans back you up by saying idiotic comments.
      03-22-2007, 08:17 PM   #34
RaptorKTM
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 M Coupe

Garage List
2011 BMW 1 M  [0.00]
alright well i guess what ill try to do is shut the X band off maybe that will eliminate some false alerts. we will see what happens from there
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2007, 08:33 AM   #35
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

Quote:
your so funny, why dont you go ride his balls some more.

Again, you dont know even know me yet you keep talking like your know everything about me. i find it hillarious. I want to drive like a pric? Right, mr i speed like crazy. Seriously, you should really stop talking because the more you talk, the more obvious how much a hypocrite you are.

Im done with this thread, keep having your loyal fans back you up by saying idiotic comments.
Crashed, and burned.

Lawrence, some advice, stop taking anything written in an onlline forum personally.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2007, 11:34 AM   #36
teknochild
Your resident 4um troll
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRS4 View Post
alright well i guess what ill try to do is shut the X band off maybe that will eliminate some false alerts. we will see what happens from there
dont give up on it till youve come across atleast a few dozen real alerts, you should know what false and whats not by then, u may be able to turn k band off too (but dont do it for a long time)