E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Robbing the e92 M3 for suspension parts

01-29-2014, 08:21 PM   #375
motuman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 bimmers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casca View Post
I just got MR toe arms @ 2 weeks ago. You can still get them in blue.

Thanks for the info.....

Since you have those off the car, can you tell if tell anything about the joint?
Does it look there is a plastic race between the spherical ball and the housing?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 02:42 PM   #376
ashmostro
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4cs | 2022 M550i

Some pics of my Megan/Hardrace parts...

The joints look EXACTLY the same between the pink and blue. I seriously doubt megan spec'ed new joint designs. They said it was just to match their new branding color on their racing teams when someone I know asked them.

As for their answer to your question - I also seriously doubt their sales monkeys know much about what hard race is OEM'ing for them. You would probably need to talk to a design engineer to get an intelligent (and correct) answer.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 03:41 PM   #377
motuman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmostro View Post
Some pics of my Megan/Hardrace parts...

The joints look EXACTLY the same between the pink and blue. I seriously doubt megan spec'ed new joint designs. They said it was just to match their new branding color on their racing teams when someone I know asked them.

As for their answer to your question - I also seriously doubt their sales monkeys know much about what hard race is OEM'ing for them. You would probably need to talk to a design engineer to get an intelligent (and correct) answer.
thanks for the info.......

How does the car track with all the new suspension parts? How is the NVH will all of the hardrace parts?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 03:41 PM   #378
ashmostro
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Also, reading this page in Hardrace's site, the two bushing types are high durometer rubber, or sealed pillowball. There are not two pillowball types. So since all the pics as well as the actual arms I have on my car show a sealed pillowball I am confident that there are no unsealed metal-metal spherical bearing offerings from Megan.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 03:42 PM   #379
motuman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casca View Post
I just got MR toe arms @ 2 weeks ago. You can still get them in blue.

Where did you purchase from?
Megan says only in pink now....
I'd like to fond someone stocking them in blue.

thx.....
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 03:47 PM   #380
ashmostro
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by motuman View Post

thx.....
You have to find leftover stock. All the new products are in pink moving forward.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 03:49 PM   #381
ashmostro
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
thanks for the info.......

How does the car track with all the new suspension parts? How is the NVH will all of the hardrace parts?

Surprisingly... as good as stock! I was expecting harshness but since they use the same type of joint as M3 arms, they don't feel any better or worse than an M3. Frankly, the coilover you select and the mounting schema you use both in the front and the rear will have a greater effect on NVH. Solid camber plates will be noisier than rubber reinforced, etc. I have some noise from the front and very slightly some from the rear from the spring seats but only because they are covered in salt right now. Wash em up and apply a bit of silicone lube and they go silent.

As for performance - I get zero wheel hop, zero noticeable deflection ... everything is just solid. I do have Powerflex diff bushings though so that helps with the wheel hop too.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 03:54 PM   #382
Casca
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 6MT

Quote:

thx.....
I got it here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=400653877775

But ashmotro is right, it was probably left over old stock. I'd contact them and confirm the color.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 03:55 PM   #383
motuman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmostro View Post
Also, reading this page in Hardrace's site, the two bushing types are high durometer rubber, or sealed pillowball. There are not two pillowball types. So since all the pics as well as the actual arms I have on my car show a sealed pillowball I am confident that there are no unsealed metal-metal spherical bearing offerings from Megan.
great find on that link! So if the rear toe arms use the "Anti-Dust Pillow Ball Bushing" shown on that page, then Orb's description of the joint construction is correct, and the Megan answer of "Teflon liner" is incorrect.

PS - How is your tracking with the new suspension bits? Any trace of the rear "torque steer" left? and how is the NVH?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 03:55 PM   #384
ashmostro
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I got mine off ebay too. Don't just assume all your arms will be blue bc of the pic too! Mine showed as blue but one of them turned out pink. But I don't care
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 03:56 PM   #385
ashmostro
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
great find on that link! So if the rear toe arms use the "Anti-Dust Pillow Ball Bushing" shown on that page, then Orb's description of the joint construction is correct, and the Megan answer of "Teflon liner" is incorrect.

PS - How is your tracking with the new suspension bits? Any trace of the rear "torque steer" left? and how is the NVH?
Yep, my conclusion as well.

As for second question, see above... answered it but it's hidden up there somewhere
Appreciate 0