E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > H&R Race Springs and Camber

07-07-2015, 03:36 PM   #1
paulguma
Bavarian Murder Weapon
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i 6MT

Garage List
1999 BMW 328i  [0.00]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
H&R Race Springs and Camber

I did a quick search and didn't find what I was looking for. I was planning on getting some Race Springs but I was wondering if the shop would be able to get the camber back into factory specs? I don't want excessive camber wear. I already get a little bit from the stock sport suspension. Thank you.
      07-08-2015, 08:13 AM   #2
mmmnot
Custom User Title
Iran
Rep
Drives: E92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulguma View Post
I did a quick search and didn't find what I was looking for. I was planning on getting some Race Springs but I was wondering if the shop would be able to get the camber back into factory specs? I don't want excessive camber wear. I already get a little bit from the stock sport suspension. Thank you.
You should have nothing to worry about. The stock camber for our cars (including sports package) has negative camber, I believe around -1 degree or so.

You should have no issues keeping factory camber with lowered springs.

I would advise to bundle struts/shocks as well - because you will eventually want and need them. Best to get the labor costs/time down and do them all at once.
      07-08-2015, 03:25 PM   #3
mike-y
just another bmw douche bag
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1.9L of fury

the rear end has more negative camber than the front, and will gain a bit after being lowered. The rear does have adjustable camber bolts to compensate though, and you should be able to get your camber close to stock settings.

but toe also changes when you lower the car, and toe will cause more wear than a bit of excessive camber. if both toe and camber are out, it will eat your tires fast. so make sure you get a full alignment (camber+toe) checked after the springs settle.

and +1 on doing shocks at the same time.
Appreciate 0