E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > OC Recommendations

10-10-2021, 06:14 PM   #1
balkanbemve
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

OC Recommendations

What's up guys I just moved to the Mission Viejo area. I wanted to see if you guys have any recommendations on the following for an enthusiast:

-where do you get your car worked on/modified?
-hand car wash spots? or good car washes in general?
-i found out about the OC cars and coffee in san clemente, but are there any others?
-smog checks? the only thing visible in my bay is the vrsf charge pipe. mhd tuned as well but i can flash back to stock. i know this is more sensitive so PM me on which one you go to with the best luck for a modified car.

Thanks a bunch!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 11:05 PM   #2
e34brian
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2000 E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by balkanbemve View Post
What's up guys I just moved to the Mission Viejo area. I wanted to see if you guys have any recommendations on the following for an enthusiast:

-i found out about the OC cars and coffee in san clemente, but are there any others?
-smog checks? the only thing visible in my bay is the vrsf charge pipe. mhd tuned as well but i can flash back to stock. i know this is more sensitive so PM me on which one you go to with the best luck for a modified car.

Thanks a bunch!
Welcome! I take my car to SpeedLogic Automotive in Fullerton, very fair prices and lots of experience with e9x. Although it may be a tad far since you're in south county.
South OC Cars and Coffee is great, a bit repetitive if you go every weekend, but nice to go every once in a while. I run a Facebook group "Orange County BMW Enthusiasts", we go on drives about twice a month (although on a brief hiatus until I get back in town in December).
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 01:29 PM   #3
Kris53
Rep
Drives: BMW 335 Coupe e92

Hey check out Lang Racing, there in Lake Forest. Tier 1 shop, very fair prices. Owner is well known engine builder and his shop is top notch. I’ve had five different cars through the shop and never had a single issue. Definitely no need to go anywhere else if you live in OC
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2021, 11:07 PM   #4
lookalikehuuh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2007 335i

I second SpeedLogic their prices are unbeatable and they are super knowledgeable about the E90 platform. When I needed my valves walnut blasted I called around and everyone in San Diego wanted 700-1500 (yes 1500 bucks) and SpeedLogic did it all for $200 so it was worth the drive from San Diego to Fullerton.

Be aware, they do not have a waiting area but will give you a ride to the local Starbucks and come pick you up when your car is ready if you are waiting for the services.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 08:24 AM   #5
Jeef
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookalikehuuh View Post
I second SpeedLogic their prices are unbeatable and they are super knowledgeable about the E90 platform. When I needed my valves walnut blasted I called around and everyone in San Diego wanted 700-1500 (yes 1500 bucks) and SpeedLogic did it all for $200 so it was worth the drive from San Diego to Fullerton.

Be aware, they do not have a waiting area but will give you a ride to the local Starbucks and come pick you up when your car is ready if you are waiting for the services.
+1 for SpeedLogic in OC!

if you are in San Diego you should check out SD garage.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 11:44 AM   #6
bimmerguy1210
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, E93 335i

Taking my car to speedlogic for a bunch of stuff on Monday!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 04:02 PM   #7
lookalikehuuh
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef View Post
+1 for SpeedLogic in OC!

Funny is I actually called them up, and they wanted over $1000 to do the walnut blasting. Maybe they were using gold fragments to do the blasting?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 04:14 PM   #8
Jeef
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
+1 for SpeedLogic in OC!

Funny is I actually called them up, and they wanted over $1000 to do the walnut blasting. Maybe they were using gold fragments to do the blasting?
Do you own a diesel?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 04:29 PM   #9
lookalikehuuh
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Do you own a diesel?
haha when I'm tuned my car might produce as much pollution as a diesel but no oil burner under the hood for now maybe soon?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 01:16 AM   #10
30FF_
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i 09 e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by balkanbemve View Post

Thanks a bunch!
A lot of people seem to like speed logic I took my car there once and they look like genuinely nice people they do take a while to get work done, took my car there for diagnostic but they couldn't find nothing in three days that I left the vehicle there but thankfully they didn't charge me. I would definitely choose speed logic over any other bmw shop in OC just wait times to long IMO
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 09:07 AM   #11
Jeef
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Do you own a diesel?
haha when I'm tuned my car might produce as much pollution as a diesel but no oil burner under the hood for now maybe soon?
My buddy got a blasting for his n54 there at a very fair rate. around $300 if I remember correctly. Maybe they thought you had a different car

SpeedLogic is a known and busy shop. Makes sense that they require additional time for the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2022, 06:55 PM   #12
Tonys335is
Tonys335is
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335is

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Do you own a diesel?
My buddy got a blasting for his n54 there at a very fair rate. around $300 if I remember correctly. Maybe they thought you had a different car

SpeedLogic is a known and busy shop. Makes sense that they require additional time for the vehicle.
The actual cost is $250
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2022, 01:24 PM   #13
balkanbemve
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Appreciate the suggestions. Where are you guys going for detail/clay bar? Saw this place called Benedetto Detailing looks to be really good.
Appreciate 0