E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Can't reset oil service & oil level isn't working

05-28-2020, 10:49 AM   #1
gavin_0108
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335xi 6MT

Can't reset oil service & oil level isn't working

Hey all,
A little while ago, I noticed that my oil level sensor wasnt working so I brought it to a shop and they replaced the oil level sensor. However even after it was replaced it still read inactive sometimes, and other times worked perfectly fine. However just recently I went fbo, and noticed that my oil consumption has been absolutely absurd (Its not leaking oil or burning oil)¹ because I got an oil change 1500kms ago, and I'm already at the min line.

I'm also not able to reset my oil service, the shop tried to do it through their scan tool as well with no luck.

What do you guys think? Oil level sensor is faulty/wiring or is there a possibility that the computer took a poo?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 08:39 PM   #2
cliffschum
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 330

Same issue

Can't properly reset my CBS oil mileage either. Reset appears, check mark appears, little clock spins....and then the mileage remains the same. Strangely, the date changed. Tried this a dozen times. Now I'm seeing oil warnings, can't wait until its red. Only 450 miles to figure this out !!

Tried the stalk method, and, my Bav Tech diagnostic. No luck.

Suggestions ?

Thanks.

Cliff
2006 E90
221,000 miles.
Appreciate 0