E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Updated Dyanvin firmware, now having issues

06-13-2022, 07:20 AM   #1
Itsnotme1988
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93

Updated Dyanvin firmware, now having issues

I just updated my wife's N7 Pro in her 2009 E93 and now having loads of issues. Have been using an AAWireless android auto adapter that now doesn't work correctly. Causes constant crashes and freezes. Tried going back to plugging in the phone for android auto and causes same problems. Radio will freeze then go to a black screen. Once it does that It will not even allow source selection changes without going back to a black screen, even after unplugging the phone. Will not connect to bluetooth either without turning off the car to reset the radio.

She also just texted me to today that now the sound quality is terrible. Only started having these issues after updating the firmware. Had NONE of these issues prior to the update. Radio is less than a year old and right now very upset and frustrated.

Emailed Dynavin already, just waiting on a response...if I can't get it straight, what's a good quality Android Auto radio to replace it with that doesn't cost a fortune? And what if the install kit/harness could be used on another radio brand?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2022, 09:52 AM   #2
Captain Buumer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325D

You can try reset android, clear cache & all previous settings. It generally solves so called "dirty update" where you install newer version while keeping old version settings.

Quite similar issue in phones too.

Some OEMs force you to reset phone but generally users don't want that and are left with issues.

I still have my phone in 2018 status and it works damn flawless. Every update fixes one bug and introduces 2 new ones.

Why update?
Appreciate 0