E90Post
 


Studio RSR
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Aliexpress big brake kits (NOW WITH PICS)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-23-2019, 09:46 PM   #23
maddmatth
Major
New Zealand
539
Rep
1,034
Posts

Drives: F82 M4, E92 335i
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: New Zealand

iTrader: (0)

Oh god that hilarious.
Appreciate 1
      02-24-2019, 04:55 PM   #24
Aus335iguy
Colonel
Aus335iguy's Avatar
Australia
628
Rep
2,277
Posts

Drives: 2009 e92 335i MSport DCT
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Sydney Aus

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
I reckon they asked an English speaker what to call the company and that's what they told them


Same way that white folks end up with tattoos of Chinese take away menus ...
__________________
When you doppelkaplung you doppel your fun.
Appreciate 1
feuer4082.50
      02-24-2019, 07:50 PM   #25
langsbr
First Lieutenant
230
Rep
307
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: SC

iTrader: (0)

Hmm - they make a set of 6 piston Brembo GT "style" calipers and 16" rotors for $1200 for GMT900. Might have to get a set for the wife's Escalade.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2019, 06:49 PM   #26
techwhiz
Colonel
techwhiz's Avatar
United_States
449
Rep
2,974
Posts

Drives: e90 335i Sedan - Arctic
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bay Area, Ca

iTrader: (4)

Just remember Chevy called a car Nova in Mexico...
No Va in Spanish is "No Go"... DUH!

They kept the name anyway and the car sold pretty good.
Dick Ass brakes? I don't know.
__________________
Arctic Metallic\CF Splitters, Spoiler, Mirror Covers\LED Tails\LSD\Tinted\Coded\Apex Square SM10-19"\LED Angel Eyes\Gloss Black Grill\Integrated V1 & Galaxy Tab\M-Performance Brakes\Cobb Tuned\xHP Flash\Resonator Removed and -> is your friend.
Appreciate 1
      02-25-2019, 09:00 PM   #27
Evochuck
Lieutenant
63
Rep
404
Posts

Drives: 335xi 09
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (2)

I but the bullet and they arrived today. Made a nice little album.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FgMXX6rSVxuZZJ7Q7
Appreciate 1
      02-25-2019, 09:11 PM   #28
=C=
First Lieutenant
New Zealand
58
Rep
309
Posts

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i M-Sport E90
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: land of the long white cloud

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evochuck View Post
I but the bullet and they arrived today. Made a nice little album.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FgMXX6rSVxuZZJ7Q7


Knock off Brembo BBK?
I wouldn't think anyone would buy a mitsushita unknown brand for something as critical as brake calipers for a vehicle... If you're an indy shop or a brake caliper manufacturer I can understand that you'd buy them and put them through the scrutiny and testing to validate how bad or ok they are, etc.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2019, 05:18 AM   #29
Biginboca
Colonel
Biginboca's Avatar
3511
Rep
2,703
Posts

Drives: 2009 E92 328i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Boynton Beach, FL... USA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evochuck View Post
I but the bullet and they arrived today. Made a nice little album.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FgMXX6rSVxuZZJ7Q7
The nerve! You bought dickass and they sent you Brembo’s. I can only imagine how disappointed you are after hoping you could put those Dickass on your car lol
Appreciate 2
feuer4082.50
      02-26-2019, 05:47 AM   #30
assassinsbrotherhood
330d E90 LCI M Sport.
assassinsbrotherhood's Avatar
Australia
20
Rep
76
Posts

Drives: 2010 330d e90 LCI M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Brisbane/Australia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Please Take my Advise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evochuck View Post
Okay, so I worked up a deal, includes floating rotors, street pads(which I can change since they will be like brembo gt) for around 1.1k.

Sellwr assures me that if something does not fit, he will make a new one and send free of charge.


Might seriously bite the bullet.
DO NOT buy anything from here no matter what they promise you.They will promise you love and kisses, but when it comes to a problem you will have no chance in hell of getting a refund or any satisfaction on a return.I have dealt with them and contact regarding any issues is fruitless.Save yourself the aggravation. They got my money and the returned parts.I went through their so-called dispute centre and its all crap. Lost money and parts.its a communist country after all, so you cant just contact them at will.I speak from first hand experience.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2019, 05:51 AM   #31
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
TheMidnightNarwhal's Avatar
Canada
1790
Rep
5,461
Posts

Drives: 11' 335is DCT
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Gatineau, Quebec

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by assassinsbrotherhood View Post
DO NOT buy anything from here no matter what they promise you.They will promise you love and kisses, but when it comes to a problem you will have no chance in hell of getting a refund or any satisfaction on a return.I have dealt with them and contact regarding any issues is fruitless.Save yourself the aggravation. They got my money and the returned parts.I went through their so-called dispute centre and its all crap. Lost money and parts.its a communist country after all, so you cant just contact them at will.I speak from first hand experience.
Well I had great customer support.

1st you have the built in dispute through the order page. If your stuff doesn't arrive or isn't as described you get a refund.

My last order had the dispute timed out and I never received my item. The seller only wanted to re-send but I wanted refund since I waited over 2 months and he failed to ship with my shipping method originally, so I contacted Aliexpress live chat and they refunded my order.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2019, 06:33 AM   #32
Evochuck
Lieutenant
63
Rep
404
Posts

Drives: 335xi 09
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
Well I had great customer support.

1st you have the built in dispute through the order page. If your stuff doesn't arrive or isn't as described you get a refund.

My last order had the dispute timed out and I never received my item. The seller only wanted to re-send but I wanted refund since I waited over 2 months and he failed to ship with my shipping method originally, so I contacted Aliexpress live chat and they refunded my order.
My experience up to now has been good, it took them 4 days to build everything, painted the calipers a custom color for free, I talk with the seller directly in whatsapp. They shipped with FedEx, 3 days and it was here. She is waiting for me to test fit to see if fitment is good. Afterward they promised to send replacement parts for non fitting parts asap if required. I'll call it a day once I have properly braked with it but I think the outlook is good. Communication is key.
Appreciate 2
feuer4082.50
      02-26-2019, 01:21 PM   #33
langsbr
First Lieutenant
230
Rep
307
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evochuck View Post
My experience up to now has been good, it took them 4 days to build everything, painted the calipers a custom color for free, I talk with the seller directly in whatsapp. They shipped with FedEx, 3 days and it was here. She is waiting for me to test fit to see if fitment is good. Afterward they promised to send replacement parts for non fitting parts asap if required. I'll call it a day once I have properly braked with it but I think the outlook is good. Communication is key.
That was my experience as well. Very responsive, and fast shipping. Mine they sent via DHL though. I didn't think to ask about a custom color on the calipers - that was a good idea!

I would wager all of them that say KOKO RACING is just to protect them from the Alibaba pirate watchers. They are all going to have the brand of what they are copies of.
Appreciate 3
feuer4082.50
      02-26-2019, 05:47 PM   #34
maddmatth
Major
New Zealand
539
Rep
1,034
Posts

Drives: F82 M4, E92 335i
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: New Zealand

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by =C= View Post


Knock off Brembo BBK?
I wouldn't think anyone would buy a mitsushita unknown brand for something as critical as brake calipers for a vehicle... If you're an indy shop or a brake caliper manufacturer I can understand that you'd buy them and put them through the scrutiny and testing to validate how bad or ok they are, etc.
Brembo is made in china isn't it? Could be a Brembo factory selling excess stock. Might be real, but we'll never know lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2019, 05:52 PM   #35
gurusan
Private First Class
gurusan's Avatar
91
Rep
157
Posts

Drives: 2012 335is E93
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Oregon

iTrader: (0)

Following this to see how install goes. My brakes are fine for what I need them for, but I hate the way they look! Even my WRX had painted red calipers that looked nice.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2019, 06:18 PM   #36
langsbr
First Lieutenant
230
Rep
307
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddmatth View Post
Brembo is made in china isn't it? Could be a Brembo factory selling excess stock. Might be real, but we'll never know lol.
Or what's more likely is that they may contract to make Brembos, then they stay late and make more 'off book' and sell them online.

There's no way Brembo would let excess stock be sold for these prices. If you knew how much mine cost you'd cry or laugh.
Appreciate 3
6ixSpd5872.50
Torgus3381.50
Phyrexia494.00
      02-26-2019, 10:33 PM   #37
Evochuck
Lieutenant
63
Rep
404
Posts

Drives: 335xi 09
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (2)

Had some time to test fit the brakes tonight, I say test fit because we have about 3 feet of snow right now and I'm definitely not putting on my summer 19s yet haha.

The fit was quite good, I only had to slightly grind some metal off my backplate post and the bracket (one of the other would have probably sufficed)

Caliper to rotor alignment is good, height is good as well(no rubbing on disk)

I made a small install album showing the mods I did.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3RdU1qYjKE69SGep7
Appreciate 1
      02-27-2019, 07:00 AM   #38
langsbr
First Lieutenant
230
Rep
307
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evochuck View Post
Had some time to test fit the brakes tonight, I say test fit because we have about 3 feet of snow right now and I'm definitely not putting on my summer 19s yet haha.

The fit was quite good, I only had to slightly grind some metal off my backplate post and the bracket (one of the other would have probably sufficed)

Caliper to rotor alignment is good, height is good as well(no rubbing on disk)

I made a small install album showing the mods I did.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3RdU1qYjKE69SGep7
Looks good! What rotor did you go with - 380 or 356? I have the 356 so it fits under 18s. Would've loved the 380 but I am wanting to do a staggered 18 front 17 rear eventually and I think 2 inch difference would have been really weird looking.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2019, 07:11 AM   #39
Evochuck
Lieutenant
63
Rep
404
Posts

Drives: 335xi 09
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by langsbr View Post
Looks good! What rotor did you go with - 380 or 356? I have the 356 so it fits under 18s. Would've loved the 380 but I am wanting to do a staggered 18 front 17 rear eventually and I think 2 inch difference would have been really weird looking.
380, I'm running 19 in the summer.
Appreciate 1
      02-27-2019, 07:26 AM   #40
Supra2k6
Lieutenant
124
Rep
579
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: The District

iTrader: (1)

those are nice that chance deff paid off
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 08:35 PM   #41
=C=
First Lieutenant
New Zealand
58
Rep
309
Posts

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i M-Sport E90
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: land of the long white cloud

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddmatth View Post
Brembo is made in china isn't it? Could be a Brembo factory selling excess stock. Might be real, but we'll never know lol.
It is rare to be able to source exceptional quality fake's / copies from the real thing.

You could find the said factory and during the day they produce the Brembo BBK. And at night they continue except it doesn't go though their normal QA process and you get untested, potentially flawed lesser quality versions of the same BBK. Hence the lower price point.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2019, 04:25 PM   #42
asquared
Walnut Blasting Wizard
asquared's Avatar
United_States
132
Rep
286
Posts

Drives: 2010 E90 M Sport
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Las Vegas, NV

iTrader: (0)

Hey OP have you had a chance to test them out yet?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2019, 06:33 PM   #43
Evochuck
Lieutenant
63
Rep
404
Posts

Drives: 335xi 09
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
Hey OP have you had a chance to test them out yet?
Unfortunately, there is still quite a lot of snow up here, do not expect any update for at least two months.
Appreciate 1
asquared131.50
      03-13-2019, 11:29 PM   #44
dleccord
Captain
85
Rep
833
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 335i E90
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Nelson, New Zealand

iTrader: (0)

never judge a book by its cover. also, do you really think they design without test?
Appreciate 1
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST