E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Aliexpress big brake kits (NOW WITH PICS)

04-29-2022, 06:45 AM   #177
streetpro
Second Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: e92 335iA

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyroneShoelaces View Post
I watch the Apex taxi Nurburgring youtube channel (Mischa Choudrin) where they run various cars as taxis and rentals on the ring and drive the hell out of them. I find it interesting as they detail the setup of the cars. The bulk of them run on stock brakes with upgraded pads.
perhaps on Ring but on any other smaller circuit are the standard brakes easily off after 1-2 laps... incl. M cars... I have seen Bmw brakes disks glowing orange red after one lap in Brno (something like SPA)...
      04-29-2022, 10:51 AM   #178
Will335i
The Engineer
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 07' 335i

Garage List
2007 335i e92  [1.00]
Decided to pull the trigger. Wish me luck.

I understand the hate for knock offs. Also understand modern replicas are not the same as those of yesteryear. There is still a lot of junk out there but there is also a lot of quality ones. Rolexes are faked a lot and even some of the avid collectors admit there will soon be 1:1 superclones at the rate they are going. So why don't these companies make their own under their own branding? Marketing. Not having to spend money on marketing is a huge advantage. I am not advocating for knockoffs just explaining the on going situation with knockoffs in general.

Would there be as much an uproar if these just claimed to be Brembo or AP reps and never include the markings? How many replica wheels are there and no one has an issue with?

Also, to claim you are going to die because of these is a bit extreme. If they are DOT approved insurance shouldn't be an issue either.
Appreciate 1
      05-02-2022, 08:36 AM   #179
streetpro
Second Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: e92 335iA

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will335i View Post
Decided to pull the trigger. Wish me luck.
How many replica wheels are there and no one has an issue with?
Replica wheels are in general very heavy and therefore they more or less deny the original purpose of LIGHTALLOY wheels... no free lunch here :-)
      06-10-2022, 08:56 AM   #180
Will335i
The Engineer
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 07' 335i

Garage List
2007 335i e92  [1.00]
Ordered mine at the end of April and they showed up yesterday. The cardboard boxes are a little flimsy but between the high density foam and styrofoam everything was well packed and survived the trip.

Ordering process went smoothly and they even called me after I placed the order to confirm the vehicle and any customizations I wanted. These are the Brembo style calipers but as you can see I had them put the MSport logo on instead of the Brembo. I don't want anyone thinking I am going to try and pass these off as the real deal.

First impressions are great. I was surprised by how light the calipers felt for their size. The powdercoat looks good and I haven't noticed many flaws and I am really happy I went with the blue. They calipers ship "assembled" and I even saw grease on the sliding surfaces. I am waiting to get some Hawk HPS pads before I install these so I disassemble them and put on new grease.

I will update after I get them installed.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
feuer4081.00