E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > ConstructAuto = Europassion?

11-02-2009, 07:00 PM   #1
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 335i

ConstructAuto = Europassion?

Was anyone else aware of this? After doing some digging into constructauto after a horrible experience, I found out all the parts they sell are Europassion; which I believed scammed many people on this board..
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2009, 12:12 AM   #2
bmw-hoya
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlucci1 View Post
Was anyone else aware of this? After doing some digging into constructauto after a horrible experience, I found out all the parts they sell are Europassion; which I believed scammed many people on this board..
Connect the dots for us ... i.e., tell us how you came to this conclusion.

"Look, we are all reasonable men here. We don't have to give assurances as if we were lawyers." (Godfather: Part II)
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2009, 12:22 AM   #3
klipseracer
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i, 05 E46 330i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2005 330i  [0.00]
I have purchased multiple items from constructauto. No problems here. I got pics of the parts to back that up.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2009, 12:28 AM   #4
Bluesummer
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: slower than Ayrton Senna

Garage List
2017 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2011 E82 135  [0.00]
2011 M3  [0.00]
2007 335  [0.00]
They probably use the same wholesaler or source their product from the same person.
      11-03-2009, 06:49 AM   #5
FrankiE90
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Krooked Sk8board

Quote:
what u buy?
clarification please.
      11-03-2009, 11:51 AM   #6
klipseracer
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i, 05 E46 330i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2005 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
I've not heard one story of constructauto scamming anyone...ever. Else i'd never send them thousands of my dollars. Link to these threads you speak of please...
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 04:07 PM   #7
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

From Pm's from several other members.see post #38----->

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318008

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw-hoya View Post
Connect the dots for us ... i.e., tell us how you came to this conclusion.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 04:09 PM   #8
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Its become pretty obvious that you have something to gain from any sales that constructauto makes..which makes your opinion basically useless..

Quote:
Originally Posted by klipseracer View Post
I've not heard one story of constructauto scamming anyone...ever. Else i'd never send them thousands of my dollars. Link to these threads you speak of please...
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 05:03 PM   #9
CONSTRUCTauto.com
Major
Rep
Drives: e90 335i - Retired, e36 M3

No, we are not europassion. We sell from many different manufacturers in different countries which include US, Taiwan, Indonesia, China etc. We do not pre-sell products that are not in stock untill they are in stock. Many can confirm that we are a top-notch vendor on this board.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 01:00 AM   #10
Shazmonkee
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoshichanX View Post
xxxxxxx

It's a matter of ethics. I'm sure you all remember the Eisenhaus scam. If a vendor joins selling cheap Korean made exhausts, and later if e90post discovers they really originated from Eisenhaus...would that be ok? I dunno; I guess it would depend on the price. My morality is up for sale, is yours?
As a matter of fact, Eisenhaus exhausts...yes...the cheap Korean made exhausts, are on the market again on bimmerpost I believe. I remember seeing them being sold by vendors in M3post..their Meistershaft GT exhausts or whatever they were. Correct me if i'm wrong though
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 02:23 AM   #11
Shazmonkee
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Yup! It never seems to be an end for vendors though. If they end bad, just give it half a year or so and come back with a different brand. Most people probably won't even notice until the same thing happens again--up to the manufacturer, though, to make it right the next time.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 09:14 PM   #12
mig28
Major
Rep
Drives: She's black, wild, 'n hawt!!

as far i knew the construct auto is a legit seller and good customer services thou

i knew that customers is the " KING " but again sometimes they are pain in the ass as well.

whats wrong with asian products?dont u guys forget about 90% of the products in usa are made in ASIA?

NIke----> Vietnam,CHina,and INdonesia
Carbon fiber-----> China and taiwan
Bodykits-----> Indonesia,taiwan,hkg,and china
Clothing's----> china,cambodia,india,indonesia etc etc etc etc

sometimes ive noticed that some customers are way too complicated.for example,having a problem on installing the grill but they cant do or they are trying to install themself to reduce some cost..please dont do that.if the vendors recommend anythings to do it right,please follow it since they are the expert and they are not trying to rip the customers off.

again dont complain too much about the aftermarket kits. if you want no hazzle then go BUY authentic kits and which I have doubt as well about the fittment issues.
remember this is not OEM kits!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 09:26 PM   #13
Shazmonkee
United_States
Rep

Garage List
^Who's complaining about products being made in Asia? lol I'm not. Although I do know how some country's manufacturers are producing products at lower standards. But I don't judge a whole country based on one product's quality failure to satisfy.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2009, 02:04 AM   #14
Paranoia
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazmonkee View Post
As a matter of fact, Eisenhaus exhausts...yes...the cheap Korean made exhausts, are on the market again on bimmerpost I believe. I remember seeing them being sold by vendors in M3post..their Meistershaft GT exhausts or whatever they were. Correct me if i'm wrong though
I ran a search for "Meistershaft" and discovered CONSTRUCTAuto is also the vendor for Meistershaft Exhausts.

Quote:
LOL....dang I leave for a few months...

Now that's irony; thanks for the info, I had no clue!
"Irony" is the use of words expressing something other than their literal intention. Did you not intend that CONSTRUCTAuto was the vendor who sold the Eisenhaus approved, Korean-made, fake Eisenmann exhausts? Well if you did, then that would be a correct usage of the term "irony." But you couldn't have...seeing as how you didn't know CONSTRUCTAuto was the vendor behind Meistershaft
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 12:21 AM   #15
Shazmonkee
United_States
Rep

Garage List
See how no one either recognizes the company or even knows about it? lucky guys over at "GT Haus". its like a redemption lol
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 12:52 PM   #16
CONSTRUCTauto.com
Major
Rep
Drives: e90 335i - Retired, e36 M3

Not sure how this turned into the Eisenmann / Meistershcaft issue but we never sold their exhaust prior to them becoming their own brand. Looks like you guys are throwing everything and a kitchen ink at us these days guys.

There are several very reputable vendors distributing those Meisterschaft exhausts online (vividracing, redline motorworks). I guess we are the bad guys though
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 01:40 PM   #17
pdjafari
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Axe Murderer with headlights

Eisenhaus was selling fake eisenmanns but since that time, they came back as Meistershaft and a new brand. They are no longer in teh business of pretending to sell a legitimate brand rebranded as another.

Regardless though, one has to wonder why their exhausts cost ~2Gs after those practices
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 02:04 PM   #18
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Then maybe you should change your business practices..these threads arent going away anytime soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONSTRUCTauto.com View Post
Not sure how this turned into the Eisenmann / Meistershcaft issue but we never sold their exhaust prior to them becoming their own brand. Looks like you guys are throwing everything and a kitchen ink at us these days guys.

There are several very reputable vendors distributing those Meisterschaft exhausts online (vividracing, redline motorworks). I guess we are the bad guys though
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2009, 10:56 PM   #19
mig28
Major
Rep
Drives: She's black, wild, 'n hawt!!

Quote:
Lol, did nobody read my lengthy yet somewhat articulate post on this?

Edited to Add:

There is no doubt CONSTRUCTauto sources parts from a known scammer. However, CONSTRUCTauto does keep its own inventory. The remaining issue is whether carrying items in stock absolves CONSTRUCTauto from its association with a known scammer.

It's a matter of ethics. I'm sure you all remember the Eisenhaus scam. If a vendor joins selling cheap Korean made exhausts, and later if e90post discovers they really originated from Eisenhaus...would that be ok? I dunno; I guess it would depend on the price. My morality is up for sale, is yours?

what i read is just one side of the story...as I remember back then,felix@europassion wrote on the forum that there is few of the members who charging back from their paypal and still keeping felix kits on their car.
so basicly USD$10.000 is someone is making a fool...

using amex or paypal is very easy to claim..just write them an email saying blah blah blah and they give back the money and keep the products....

customer is a King and we all agree with that but sometimes "there" is few are taking advantage.

so basicly,if you want no complaints then go get the authentic kits which I have doubt also about the fittment and lastly the pricing too..

no money dont buy it ..got money then buy it in the right way..dont complain too much when someone is trying installing the kits by them self ( not proffesional bodyshop ).
OEM and aftermarket is totally different things...

labour is expensive in USA and SUCK IT UP..u want cheap labour?move to Brazil,mexico,indonesia,malaysia,vietnam,China, or china ). they can make ur car like authentic looks...

Im not siding anyone here but sometime ive noticed there is few bunch of kids are trying taking advantage of any situation..
Appreciate 0