E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > *OFFICIAL Michigan Chat & Meet Thread*

12-30-2012, 10:27 AM   #419
J-Spec Dan
ALL RIGHTY THEN
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 STX Advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammk
Funny, I was just thinking the same today. The Blizzaks on my E46 seemed to do a better job than the Dunlop Winter Sport M3s on the E92. I'm in Novi too, close to the malls.. The last week was a lot of fun driving (drifting) in the snow..
I've got Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D's and I've never felt so unstable in the snow. I had better luck in my old 95 Miata with Michelin Alpin's (no ABS!).
      12-31-2012, 08:52 AM   #420
prcentauri
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is

Garage List
Hey guys. Taking delivery of my next BMW very soon. Wondering what's the best place for exhaust work? Also suspension installs (for the future).

-Peter-
      12-31-2012, 11:20 AM   #421
mashimarho
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: E92 M3 & F80 M3 & G82 M4

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by prcentauri View Post
Hey guys. Taking delivery of my next BMW very soon. Wondering what's the best place for exhaust work? Also suspension installs (for the future).

-Peter-
Where in MI? And, custom made exhaust or install?
      12-31-2012, 03:01 PM   #422
prcentauri
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Southeastern MI. Prob just gonna have the OEM tips cut off and swapped for Cyba 4" dry carbon tips. But I want a good shop. Will prob also eventually need a place for a KW V2 install.
      12-31-2012, 11:15 PM   #423
J-Spec Dan
ALL RIGHTY THEN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by prcentauri
Southeastern MI. Prob just gonna have the OEM tips cut off and swapped for Cyba 4" dry carbon tips. But I want a good shop. Will prob also eventually need a place for a KW V2 install.
Motorwerks in Commerce for installs.

Buddy of mine knows of a custom exhaust place but they only take referrals.
      01-02-2013, 09:41 AM   #424
co_pa
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 m340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Spec Dan View Post
Motorwerks in Commerce for installs.

Buddy of mine knows of a custom exhaust place but they only take referrals.
new to the bmw scene with my '10 e90 335i. been audi/VW before so pardon the noob question as i get up-to-speed.

just installed my cobb. have coils + intercooler waiting for warmer weather. would you suggest motorwerks as well? i'm in detroit area.

thanks.

colin

pic of audi:
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 10:18 AM   #425
J-Spec Dan
ALL RIGHTY THEN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by co_pa View Post
new to the bmw scene with my '10 e90 335i. been audi/VW before so pardon the noob question as i get up-to-speed.

just installed my cobb. have coils + intercooler waiting for warmer weather. would you suggest motorwerks as well? i'm in detroit area.

thanks.

colin

pic of audi:
welcome! nice B7 avant! how are you liking the change to BMW? any photos of your E90??

i installed Eibach Pro-Kit springs myself into my E90 and only had Motorwerks perform an alignment. they were pricey but my E90 handled much better after they had performed their magic. others have brought their cars into Motorwerks for other work and recommend them.

depending on where you are, there may be other shops that are closer to you.
      01-02-2013, 11:37 AM   #426
co_pa
First Lieutenant
Rep

thanks. good to be here. finding this community/forum to be a little more mature and helpful. i got my e90 CPO a month ago. low miles, sport package, nav, etc. etc.
thought i'd miss my audi the second i pulled off the lot. only time i have missed it was when the snow hit hard.

especially with cobb AP there is no comparison in terms of engine and butt-dyno performance. looking forward to lowering the car to see how it handles when really pushed. once i get coils and wheels installed in the spring i'll post proper pics.
besides the AP i've upgraded to full LED (save for AEs).

i pinged the guys at steve's european too. they took care of the installs i didn't want to screw up on the audi.

look forward to meeting you guys.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #427
J-Spec Dan
ALL RIGHTY THEN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
thanks. good to be here. finding this community/forum to be a little more mature and helpful. i got my e90 CPO a month ago. low miles, sport package, nav, etc. etc.
thought i'd miss my audi the second i pulled off the lot. only time i have missed it was when the snow hit hard.

especially with cobb AP there is no comparison in terms of engine and butt-dyno performance. looking forward to lowering the car to see how it handles when really pushed. once i get coils and wheels installed in the spring i'll post proper pics.
besides the AP i've upgraded to full LED (save for AEs).

i pinged the guys at steve's european too. they took care of the installs i didn't want to screw up on the audi.

look forward to meeting you guys.
word. get good set of snow tires, if you haven't already. which coilovers and wheels do you have your eyes on?
      01-02-2013, 01:32 PM   #428
co_pa
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
word. get good set of snow tires, if you haven't already. which coilovers and wheels do you have your eyes on?
already effed that one up. the car came with brand new bridgestone re050 run flats, which are sale btw, so not thinking i went and got all-seasons. going to burn through those as fast as possible so i can get blizzaks.

ST coils are in-hand.

looking at a few different wheel options now - all 19s:
- bbs ch-r anthracite w/ polished lip (for sale in classifieds now)
- forgestar f14s 8.5" front/10" rear
- forgestar cf10s 8.5" front/10" rear

of course, that could all change... ya know how that goes.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #429
EYE4SPEED
Ex-Diesel Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi SQ5

Quote:
already effed that one up. the car came with brand new bridgestone re050 run flats, which are sale btw, so not thinking i went and got all-seasons. going to burn through those as fast as possible so i can get blizzaks.

ST coils are in-hand.

I have a set of HRE's for sale... I need Audi wheels. Anything left over you want to trade?
      01-02-2013, 08:54 PM   #430
Agent11br
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 6MT

Garage List
Love the avant co_pa!
      01-02-2013, 08:59 PM   #431
mashimarho
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: E92 M3 & F80 M3 & G82 M4

Garage List
Quote:

ST coils are in-hand.

You have those for sale? I don't see them.
      01-02-2013, 09:05 PM   #432
co_pa
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYE4SPEED View Post
I have a set of HRE's for sale... I need Audi wheels. Anything left over you want to trade?
pm'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent11br View Post
Love the avant co_pa!
thanks! looking forward to doing something better on the e90.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashimarho View Post
You have those for sale? I don't see them.
ha. you heard it here first i guess. taking pics and posting this weekend in classifieds for sure.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 05:12 AM   #433
prcentauri
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I may be interested in those wheels too. Though I should really get a winter setup. The 19" 313s and summer tires coming with my 335is could be interesting this winter. I may take delivery today. I'll check out that shop in Commerce. I have painted reflectors to install. No joke I might need help with that. I'm a spazz. Gonna de-badge but I don't have a private garage with an outlet for a hair dryer. Was gonna order some cyba 4" dry carbon tips. Curious how much it would cost to cut the oem tips and weld these. Gonna get Suntek CXP 35% tint all around at Advanced Solar Solutions in Clawson. They do Huper Optik but I think I liked the Suntek CXP more. Lastly I may get KW V1 coils or V2 coils. Maybe that shop in Commerce should handle that too? I thought of driving to IND in Chicago just because they're the only place I know.
      01-03-2013, 06:49 PM   #434
J-Spec Dan
ALL RIGHTY THEN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I may be interested in those wheels too. Though I should really get a winter setup. The 19" 313s and summer tires coming with my 335is could be interesting this winter. I may take delivery today. I'll check out that shop in Commerce. I have painted reflectors to install. No joke I might need help with that. I'm a spazz. Gonna de-badge but I don't have a private garage with an outlet for a hair dryer. Was gonna order some cyba 4" dry carbon tips. Curious how much it would cost to cut the oem tips and weld these. Gonna get Suntek CXP 35% tint all around at Advanced Solar Solutions in Clawson. They do Huper Optik but I think I liked the Suntek CXP more. Lastly I may get KW V1 coils or V2 coils. Maybe that shop in Commerce should handle that too? I thought of driving to IND in Chicago just because they're the only place I know.
Motorwerks shouldn't have any issues handling a coilover install.
      01-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #435
EYE4SPEED
Ex-Diesel Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi SQ5

Quote:
Unscrew the fender lining a little to get more access to the reflectors.

Definitely cut/weld new tips - should be $60-$100 for a set.

Suntek - check the warranty. Huber? Why do you need that level in Mich - not hot enough.

If you get V1, check out ST. I would go with V2 or Bilstein.

Debadge - use fishing wire, patience and Goo Gone. I tried heating mine with a hair dryer, but it didn't do anything. Did help for the reflectors though.

Have fun with your mods and take your time. You will feel a lot better about them if you do them yourself.
      01-03-2013, 10:02 PM   #436
prcentauri
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
There's no way I'm going to be able to do the reflectors myself.

Ive previously rebadged with a hair dryer and dental floss but that was 2 bmw's ago.

Suntek warranty was good. Heck I might not even get tints. The factory tint looks decent. I got the car tonight. Too bad it's crummy out.

With ST I was worried about corrosion bc of the salt and stuff. I read that ST is better for a different climate.
      01-03-2013, 10:15 PM   #437
J-Spec Dan
ALL RIGHTY THEN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
There's no way I'm going to be able to do the reflectors myself.

Ive previously rebadged with a hair dryer and dental floss but that was 2 bmw's ago.

Suntek warranty was good. Heck I might not even get tints. The factory tint looks decent. I got the car tonight. Too bad it's crummy out.

With ST I was worried about corrosion bc of the salt and stuff. I read that ST is better for a different climate.
i've never done it before but it really doesn't look too hard to remove the reflectors:
DIY 1: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39382
DIY 2: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65884

if you're worried about corrosion on coilovers, i'd set aside some time every couple of weeks to clean your suspension. there's no suspension out there that's 100% corrosion proof. or, get a beater!
      01-07-2013, 08:46 PM   #438
J-Spec Dan
ALL RIGHTY THEN
United_States
Rep

anyone else doing some pre-spring shopping?
      01-08-2013, 08:24 AM   #439
Blaster400
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 35i, Porsche Macan S

Garage List
Quote:
Öhlins coilovers going in today.
      01-08-2013, 08:31 AM   #440
hellomyBMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X6 50i

Garage List
Quote:
I've been searching for used AR dps and 7" ETS FMIC. What's a good used price for these parts?
On the other side, it is suppose to be 56' this Saturday! Time for some golf!!
Appreciate 0