E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Electronics: Audio / Video / Phone / Alarm / Navigation / Radar > OEM Combox For Sale - Bluetooth Streaming, A2DP

07-17-2019, 08:40 AM   #1
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

OEM Combox For Sale - Bluetooth Streaming, A2DP

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
$115 shipped.

Used, tested working.

Bought two because I thought the first one I bought was DOA but it was a MOST connection/wiring issue.

To retrofit, all you need is a few connectors from BMW, some re-pinning (easy), then coding and you are good to go. I can provide some support/guidance if needed since i just did this and coded it myself with NCS.

Attached Images

Last edited by tdott; 07-17-2019 at 09:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 09:10 AM   #2
Emilime75
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i E92 LeMans Blue

What year/model car did you install/code this into? What audio system does your car have? I'm interested in this for a 2010 (09/09 production date) 335i with Base stereo. Also, any functional or feature limitations if using with Android?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 09:26 AM   #3
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilime75 View Post
What year/model car did you install/code this into? What audio system does your car have? I'm interested in this for a 2010 (09/09 production date) 335i with Base stereo. Also, any functional or feature limitations if using with Android?
This is for CIC if you have CIC Nav it will work. This is an OEM part.
No idea what type of android system you have, but if you replaced the CIC or don't have nav, I dont think this is for you.

Sorry if it isn't clear.

Combox is only came as an option for CIC based cars after around 2011(afaik).
No idea if you can get this working on a car without nav or with ccc nav. My experience is adding this to a car with cic.

Do your research on what is needed for the retrofit before buying please.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 11:20 AM   #4
Emilime75
Colonel
Rep

You misunderstood.

By Android, I mean an Android phone, as opposed to an iPhone.

I have CIC, but have come across some threads discussing that adding a ComBox to a car with the Base audio system from the factory can be problematic. Also seen posts of people having issues using an Android phone with a ComBox.

Done plenty of research, just thought that with your "I can provide some support/guidance if needed since i just did this and coded it myself" comment, you could finalize my decision...but, apparently, answering the basic questions asked, like year/model of your car and what audio system you started with is asking for too much.

Thanks anyway.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 12:52 PM   #5
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
By Android, I mean an Android phone, as opposed to an iPhone.
I have CIC.
Yes, perhaps you should be more clear on what you have and what you are looking to do? We are all busy and just responding to things quickly, so don't get your panties in a bunch even though I responded to your questions with answers that mattered and ignored the irrelevant questions because I was in a hurry and responded from my phone.

My first line in the response was if you have CIC this will work for you. Build Date/ Audio doesn't matter.

I have an android phone and bluetooth streaming works. I haven't had any issues using my Android phone.

This functionality list is easily found on several company sites selling kits:

Quote:
If you are looking to get any of the following features, Combox Media retrofit* is what you will need:

Bluetooth audio streaming
Album Art covers display (via USB port in the armrest)
Office menu (for iPhone only Contacts are currently available, other phones can have text messages, Calendar, Tasks, Emails, etc.)**
New version of Voice Control powered by Nuance including One-Shot Destination Entry feature

Pre-requisites:

CIC navigation system (SA609),
Bluetooth (option SA633, SA644 or SA639). If your vehicle is not equipped with Bluetooth, you will need a special “Wiring Set”, which includes: MOST optical wiring, and electrical wiring for Combox, as well as BT antenna and cable, microphone and cable.
USB/AUX in the armrest (SA6FL). To take the most advantage of Combox Media, you will need this option to connect and charge your phone. If Bluetooth audio streaming is the only option that you require, and you will not need to charge your phone, you can ignore this pre-requisite.
** Data transfer must be enabled for some features to work, and depending on the CIC that you have, it may or may not be disabled.
In certain cases, you will need to have the latest software version in the car/CIC head unit prior to doing this retrofit. If you are not sure what your software version is, please send us an email.

Quote:
Done plenty of research, just thought that with your "I can provide some support/guidance if needed since i just did this and coded it myself" comment, you could finalize my decision...but, apparently, answering the basic questions asked, like year/model of your car and what audio system you started with is asking for too much.
Sounds like you haven't done enough research, so a retrofit like this probably isn't for you. Perhaps you should pay for a plug and play kit and get someone to code it for you. https://www.bimmerretrofit.com/store...&search=combox

My offering to help was related to questions coding and wiring. If you don't know how to change a VO, code modules, and re-pin a harness then you probably want a plug and play kit.

Last edited by tdott; 07-17-2019 at 01:07 PM..
Appreciate 1
6ixSpd6011.50
      07-17-2019, 04:57 PM   #6
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

There are no A2DP limitations with Android phones - that doesn't even make sense.

All you need:
-CIC (on MY 2009 cars and newer)
-PnP harness or re-pin connectors
-most terminator loop
-coding

Free bump for a good seller!

PS. Holy entitlement from that Emile dude. Wow.

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc
Appreciate 1
tdott3938.00
      07-17-2019, 07:26 PM   #7
Emilime75
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Yes, perhaps you should be more clear on what you have and what you are looking to do? We are all busy and just responding to things quickly, so don't get your panties in a bunch even though I responded to your questions with answers that mattered and ignored the irrelevant questions because I was in a hurry and responded from my phone.

My first line in the response was if you have CIC this will work for you. Build Date/ Audio doesn't matter.

I have an android phone and bluetooth streaming works. I haven't had any issues using my Android phone.

This functionality list is easily found on several company sites selling kits:

Sounds like you haven't done enough research, so a retrofit like this probably isn't for you. Perhaps you should pay for a plug and play kit and get someone to code it for you. https://www.bimmerretrofit.com/store...&search=combox

My offering to help was related to questions coding and wiring. If you don't know how to change a VO, code modules, and re-pin a harness then you probably want a plug and play kit.
Way to sell it, insult a potential buyer. The questions were simple and easy enough to answer in a "hurry". Yet, you chose to spend what precious little time you had making assumptions, and you continue to do so about my capabilities. No need to worry yourself any further, I wouldn't dare bother you with a purchase.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 07:29 PM   #8
Emilime75
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixSpd View Post
There are no A2DP limitations with Android phones - that doesn't even make sense.

All you need:
-CIC (on MY 2009 cars and newer)
-PnP harness or re-pin connectors
-most terminator loop
-coding

Free bump for a good seller!

PS. Holy entitlement from that Emile dude. Wow.
It makes a lot of sense when you've read about people not having certain features work with Android devices, yet all with iPhones work fine. Just because neither of you have read those reports is not my problem. Stop assuming you know it all.

And you go fuck yourself as far as the entitlement goes. How about yours and your need to input yourself and your opinion into a conversation that has nothing to do with you.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 09:45 PM   #9
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Way to sell it, insult a potential buyer. The questions were simple and easy enough to answer in a "hurry". Yet, you chose to spend what precious little time you had making assumptions, and you continue to do so about my capabilities. No need to worry yourself any further, I wouldn't dare bother you with a purchase.
Have a good day, this type of install is over your head, please move along. I'm sure someone who knows what they are doing will find value in this.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 11:23 PM   #10
Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 BMW M3

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Have a good day, this type of install is over your head, please move along. I'm sure someone who knows what they are doing will find value in this.
$75 shipped and I won't be a pain.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 07:17 PM   #11
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep

Sold.
Appreciate 0