E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Garmin 360/e92

10-10-2006, 04:19 AM   #23
Keith Murray
Driving 2 door 3 Series 27 years
Rep
Drives: E92 Sparkling/Biege

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion
65000USD on your 335?

I just built a 335 on BMWUSA, added EVERY single option except navigation, and came out to 52,590, and to get to 65,000, the tax has to be around 20%, how did you build your car to be 65000usd??

Just done the same on BMW.co.uk came out at 43,545ŁUK thats 78,381USD. This includes car tax and 17.5%Vat. and the 100USD gas to drive away
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2006, 05:27 AM   #24
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

I have had i-drive in my 535d sport touring and I just swapped my wifes mini over for a 120d m-sport, I turned down a car with i-drive as it is a pain in the rear. Even with voice it is still so much easier to push one button to switch between am and fm etc.
It needs some shortcut keys on it like the Audi MMI system.

Anyway, I have a Garmin 310d and I don't think it has a mute lead on it like the TomToms do, with them you can buy an adpater from Connects2 that is meant for wiring a phone system in, you just attach the mute lead and the left and right cables and away you go, when the announcement kicks in it mutes your stereo and sends the nav over the car system.

You can however splice into the front right speaker so it comes over with the stereo, but it won't mute it, you can adjust the nav volume from the Garmin.

What system do you have?? if you have the hi-fi proffesional L7 system you need to splice into the wiring near the speaker and not behind the head unit, otherwise you are amplifying the nav twice.

But anything is possible. I would personally by a Becker unit, superb sounding head unit and nav, mp3 and bluetooh built in, plus the new Cascade matches the BMW amber lighting perfectly and is made from the same plastic so looks stock.
Appreciate 0