E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > EML - stuttering under hard acceleration

09-06-2015, 02:55 PM   #1
Scareysurfer
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport Convertible

EML - stuttering under hard acceleration

Hi. So I have had my 335i 2008 since June. Its only done 35k. Had nothing but troubles since I got it which is frustrating to say the least.

So yesterday I was driving it and noticed it was stuttering and then the engine management light came on and I was basically in limp mode. I pulled over, turned it off, restarted, light went out but as soon as I accelerated it stuttered and light came back on.

Its booked into dealership tomorrow. My question is what do you think it could be. I am thinking:

Vanos, HPFP, injectors, coil pack?

Any other suggestions would be most welcome. I prefer to go in with a bit of knowledge as its still under warranty and I don't want to get fobbed off.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2015, 12:59 AM   #2
Fez335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Blue E92 335i

Hi

I have JB4 installed in my car and when activated, my car has the same symptoms.. I haven't got around to taking it in yet, but I suspect its a coil pack..

Let us know what the outcome is

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2015, 11:02 AM   #3
Scareysurfer
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport Convertible

So got the car back from BMW Ocean. It was a misfire on cylinder 1. New coil pack and plug + diagnostics £230. Now to try and get my money back via RAC warranty.
Appreciate 0