E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > N54 Bosch replacement coils and misfires

07-04-2022, 01:14 PM   #1
zort
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

N54 Bosch replacement coils and misfires

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to share a tit bit of info when doing your coils. Recently I swapped all my coils for the Bosch replacement - 0221504470. After doing the replacement there ignition codes and misfires. I attempted to reset adaptations which did nothing. In trouble shooting I was able to determine that new coils were bad. But thought what are the odds. Then I noticed that once the top hat on the new coils were closed the connector could push in an additional mm or 2. So upon closing the top hats they were not fully seated. Swapped the top hats from the original coils and they now fully seat with with the new coils.

Just in case anyone else runs into this issue and think the coil it self is defective.

-B
Appreciate 0