E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Trans fluid changed / won’t move

12-09-2019, 05:52 PM   #1
pgermaine
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330XI

Trans fluid changed / won’t move

I have a 2006 E90 330xi and I did a transmission fluid change because it was in limp mode. Now that the fluid and filter is changed it starts and gear selector will go up and down through gears but not move. When put into neutral the car is locked up. Can’t even push .....a light on the dash comes on of a car with arrows going both ways. If I rev the engine in park it try’s to move forward a inch , same in neutral but not in reverse or drive. I really just want the ability to push the car out of my garage now as I’m at my wits end but I can’t even do that cause the car seams to be in a false park .... please help with any helpful ideas and I will try !!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 11:11 PM   #2
Soravia
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E91 Silver xDrive 6MT

So it's automatic? What's the fluid that you put in? Did you change the filter as well? Old fluid is one thing, metal chunks are another.

Do you have anything to read codes? I got code reader, reset, as well as BMW specific hardware recalibration tool from Amazon for like $100+ They have ability to tell auto trans to recalibrate after service. Also useful for ABS pump air bleed, etc.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2020, 05:43 PM   #3
E92William
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 328xi

Garage List
2008 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
These cars with the GM transmission often have broken manual valves. This is basically what your shifter moves to make the valve body go into gear and such.

Get it scanned.

Also theres a way to release park manually by removing the shift boot. Look it up.
Appreciate 0