E90Post
 


The Tire Rack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > Official North Texas Area Chat Thread (#2)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-03-2014, 11:17 AM   #3059
N54 Junkie
Unfazed
N54 Junkie's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
54
Posts

Drives: AW 08' E93 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lantana, TX

iTrader: (1)

Hiya

Greetings all. Just moved here from Houston. Hope to meet some of you in the near future.

__________________

2008 Alpine White E93
JB4 G5 iso, BMS backend flash, VRSF DP, Helix FMIC, ER cp w/ blitz SSQV,
BMW PE, BMS dci, Lux V2 angel eyes, M3 replica, matte black kidney grills
Awesome personality, great hair, mesmerizing smile
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 12:33 AM   #3060
Gmanuel
Private First Class
15
Rep
100
Posts

Drives: '07 e90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: DFW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarianrules84 View Post
Indeed haha, I had an 06 E90 for 6 years (325i) and that was my first BMW. As a 23 year old I was loving it, but as soon as I got my eyes on the 335i, I was ready to trade it in after about a month lmao. But yeah, LCI mods were perfect, it didnt change the composition of the car all too much (at least not that I noticed in driving it) but the LED turn signals and groves in the hood give it that little bit of distinction that kept it fresh without messing with a solid product... and now we have the F30, lol. I guess Im always going to be in debt against a car loan, ah well; worth it.
I really like the looks of the f30, but don't really understand why its even bigger than the e90, which is already fairly large. Oh well, I can't afford one, and I haven't been a BMW owner for long enough to have an opinion that truly matters. This is my first BMW, as I'm just a college student. I was only able to easily afford my car because my test scores paid for all my college expenses, which I had been saving up to pay for.
Out of the small list of cars I've driven, my e90 is probably in the top 5, and its definitely the best one I've owned. I'm already thinking of how long its going to take me to be able to afford the new m3/4 after I'm out (or who knows, maybe even the next generation after the f80). Then again, I don't have much brand loyalty, so if there's something that is more appealing to the yuppie me, then I'll get that.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 12:43 AM   #3061
Beemer_Boi84
Private
Beemer_Boi84's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
98
Posts

Drives: 2010 335i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Fort Sill, Oklahoma

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanuel View Post
I really like the looks of the f30, but don't really understand why its even bigger than the e90, which is already fairly large. Oh well, I can't afford one, and I haven't been a BMW owner for long enough to have an opinion that truly matters. This is my first BMW, as I'm just a college student. I was only able to easily afford my car because my test scores paid for all my college expenses, which I had been saving up to pay for.
Out of the small list of cars I've driven, my e90 is probably in the top 5, and its definitely the best one I've owned. I'm already thinking of how long its going to take me to be able to afford the new m3/4 after I'm out (or who knows, maybe even the next generation after the f80). Then again, I don't have much brand loyalty, so if there's something that is more appealing to the yuppie me, then I'll get that.
haha, yeah I feel ya on that, I'm on a soldier's salary myself so the only way I've been able to afford them is by getting one thats a few years old and under 30,000. and YES, love the new M3, I was doing calculations myself the other night lmao.. too funny. But yeah, you better get some Brand loyalty (BMW), Its clearly the only wise choice there is
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 04:28 PM   #3062
Sidnito
Second Lieutenant
Sidnito's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
202
Posts

Drives: 11 space 335i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: DFW, TX

iTrader: (2)

need my DP installed but the shop won't be able to do it Saturday. I am stationed a few hours away and will be in town this weekend, anyone have suggestions or want to install my DP?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 09:39 AM   #3063
darin1274
New Member
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 328i X-Drive
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Grapevine, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookie420 View Post
New Concepts in Plano does the best work around
Thanks! I'll have to give them a call! Im gonna need a clear bra too...I dont wanna be respraying my front end every year! lol
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2014, 11:38 PM   #3064
HeavyMetalRocker
Captain
HeavyMetalRocker's Avatar
United_States
34
Rep
632
Posts

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i E90 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dallas, Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl335 View Post
Greetings all. Just moved here from Houston. Hope to meet some of you in the near future.

Come out to the next Cars & Coffee at Classic BMW in Plano!! There's usually a few of us out there!
__________________
2007 335i e90 6mt | Motiv 750 XR8267 | RB PCV | JB4 G5 | MHD Pump Flash | Walbro 255lph | VRSF CP & Tial BOV | NGK Plugs | Custom Side Exhaust | CxRacing FMIC | Spec 2+ & SSMFW | StopTech Drilled/Slotted Rotors | Hawk Performance Pads | DEFIV Lockdown kit | Mtec V3 | Apex PS7s | 35/15% Llumar ceramic
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2014, 06:14 PM   #3065
N54 Junkie
Unfazed
N54 Junkie's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
54
Posts

Drives: AW 08' E93 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lantana, TX

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalRocker View Post
Come out to the next Cars & Coffee at Classic BMW in Plano!! There's usually a few of us out there!
Will do. When is it? I was at the dyno event last weekend and had a great time.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2014, 10:10 AM   #3066
boost junkie
Second Lieutenant
16
Rep
219
Posts

Drives: e93
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl335 View Post
Will do. When is it? I was at the dyno event last weekend and had a great time.
http://dallas.carsandcoffee.info/
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2014, 10:13 AM   #3067
N54 Junkie
Unfazed
N54 Junkie's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
54
Posts

Drives: AW 08' E93 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lantana, TX

iTrader: (1)

Cool. So this Saturday. I'll be there.
__________________

2008 Alpine White E93
JB4 G5 iso, BMS backend flash, VRSF DP, Helix FMIC, ER cp w/ blitz SSQV,
BMW PE, BMS dci, Lux V2 angel eyes, M3 replica, matte black kidney grills
Awesome personality, great hair, mesmerizing smile
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2014, 01:17 PM   #3068
carfreak83
Private
4
Rep
86
Posts

Drives: 2007 E92 Blk on Blk
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: las colinas/ tx

iTrader: (1)

hate to post this but its time to sell my baby.... 07 335i coupe.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/4354134983.html
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2014, 05:24 PM   #3069
firefox
New Member
United_States
1
Rep
15
Posts

Drives: 2009 750i, 2004 G35 (beater)
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

coding in Dallas

Can anybody in the Dallas area help me recode my IHKA control unit?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 01:03 PM   #3070
Chris@NTXCoding
New Member
Chris@NTXCoding's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
18
Posts

Drives: 2010 BMW Z4 35i DCT
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: DFW

iTrader: (0)

I can help you out, but why do you need your air con recoded? I've been doing this for a while and never heard of that...
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2014, 04:21 PM   #3071
sobby
New Member
sobby's Avatar
0
Rep
15
Posts

Drives: 2011 E92 335i M Sport 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

New to Dallas

Hey everyone! New to the area, finally back in a BMW and wanted to say hello. Hope to meet some of you around town and at some of the upcoming events. Where is the best place to get mods installed around here? Looking at getting a tune, full exhaust, FMIC, maybe that Pure stg1 turbo upgrade and etc soon. Is Dallas BMW a mod friendly dealership? Thanks for any recommendations
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2014, 11:15 PM   #3072
sobby
New Member
sobby's Avatar
0
Rep
15
Posts

Drives: 2011 E92 335i M Sport 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Can anyone with a DP explain their experience with emissions testing in the Dallas area?
__________________
2011 Alpine White E92 335i MSport 6MT - FBO
JB4 ISO 5.3 w/ FF wire - Ceramic Coated AR Catless DP - ER CP - BMW PE - BMS Intake and Clutch Stop
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 09:37 AM   #3073
bender rodriguez
Banned
149
Rep
1,995
Posts

Drives: Audi
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: CA

iTrader: (1)

Can anyone help me change pads and rotors in the Austin area? I have beer and Ill buy you a nice lunch/dinner

I don't have a garage or driveway
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 07:39 PM   #3074
zerocypher
Registered
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: 08 E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: DFW

iTrader: (0)

Been browsing the forum for awhile but just registered. Figured I'd swing by and say hi as my first post.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 08:02 PM   #3075
Beemer_Boi84
Private
Beemer_Boi84's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
98
Posts

Drives: 2010 335i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Fort Sill, Oklahoma

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocypher View Post
Been browsing the forum for awhile but just registered. Figured I'd swing by and say hi as my first post.
welcome, where in DFW?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 08:03 PM   #3076
Beemer_Boi84
Private
Beemer_Boi84's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
98
Posts

Drives: 2010 335i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Fort Sill, Oklahoma

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bender rodriguez View Post
Can anyone help me change pads and rotors in the Austin area? I have beer and Ill buy you a nice lunch/dinner

I don't have a garage or driveway
I will be back in the states from deployment in June, if you still havent had any luck, youre welcome to come up to Dallas and Id be glad to help out.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 08:27 AM   #3077
dsb335
Private First Class
8
Rep
158
Posts

Drives: 2011 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
With past cars, I would do my oil changes and state inspections at the same place. Any recommendations for a state inspection in North Dallas? Autoscope? I don't have any mods BTW.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 09:42 AM   #3078
BlackBB6
Lieutenant
United_States
65
Rep
554
Posts

Drives: E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dallas

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdintx View Post
With past cars, I would do my oil changes and state inspections at the same place. Any recommendations for a state inspection in North Dallas? Autoscope? I don't have any mods BTW.
I get mine done wherever it's convenient, NTB, Speedee etc...


Off topic: Is anyone running michelin PSS in 265/30/19? I want to switch to them from 452's but I'm not sure how much wider the shoulders will be, so I'd like to see them in person.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 03:08 AM   #3079
Beemer_Boi84
Private
Beemer_Boi84's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
98
Posts

Drives: 2010 335i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Fort Sill, Oklahoma

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Hey gents,

I posted a thread with the interest of trading my saddle interior for dakota black, I'm reposting it here on the "off chance" that someone local might be interested.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=962999
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 10:00 AM   #3080
orlandomma
@orlandomma
orlandomma's Avatar
5
Rep
88
Posts

Drives: 2011 335i
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: DFW, Texas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarianrules84 View Post
Hey gents,

I posted a thread with the interest of trading my saddle interior for dakota black, I'm reposting it here on the "off chance" that someone local might be interested.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=962999
Very interested! Sent you a PM.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST