E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 2008 E90 335xi 6MT, no crank no start

Today, 03:46 PM   #1
Naiem
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi e90

2008 E90 335xi 6MT, no crank no start

Hey people! This is my first post on this platform, but after scratching my head for the last week, I decided this is probably my best shot;

About a week ago, I did a very hard launch on my car, I believe the car wasn’t entirely properly warmed up.. stupid mistake. Anyhow, following this launch was a really horrible burning smell. I had a really bad feeling about it but thought nothing of it, and continued my drive home. Next morning I start my car to go to school, everything seems to be working fine. Though still I smelled a burning smell in the engine bay when checking. I parked the car, thought not much of it as the car ran great. When I came out a couple of hours later, the car did not start. No crank, no start at all what so ever. I would press the button, hold my clutch, and there was a sound as if the starter motor was engaging, but nothing else came of it. No cranks, even for a second. Tried a jump, didn’t work. Resorted to pushing the car down a hill that I was luckily on, and with using the clutch in 2nd gear, I was able to get it going. It sounded fine, with no lights on the dash. After my roughly 3-4 mile drive home when I arrived I noticed the car was making a horrible screeching sound coming from what I believe to be around the alternator and hpfp areas ( I may be wrong.) this sound only got louder with revving the car. Instantly I had killed the car and haven’t really touched it since. A few days later, I started it with the same hill method and the noise wasn’t as loud, but still apparent. Granted, I only took it down the block and back. Car still doesn’t start with the button. I am afraid of the noise. Don’t even know where to begin. Any help or input?

After doing some research I have frightened myself that it could be my flywheel, I do have a brand new clutch, but the flywheel never got changed. Today I also stumbled on some posts suggesting it could be the alternator. I really just need help narrowing down what could be making that noise and what couldn’t.

Thanks for the help and input guys, I’ll be waiting on some responses!
Appreciate 0