E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Vishnu's/Shiv's Customer Service - A Joke...Yet Again(READ)

Closed Thread

01-07-2008, 10:11 AM   #1
orientblue3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: RIP 335, Now P30 C63

Thumbs down Vishnu's/Shiv's Customer Service - A Joke...Yet Again(READ)

I'm not one to rant or post threads when I'm emotional but if this is what it takes to get a response then so be it.

A couple of weeks ago, I decided Procede was not for me. So I decided I wanted to return my v1.47 and cancel my V2 order. I PM'd Calvin@Vishnu over their Holiday break (12/28). Calvin responded with this:

"I can go ahead and cancel your v2 order. If you are considering returning your PROcede computer, we can only refund you via your purchase method. Note that we will only accept the return of unused items and returns are subjected to a 25% restocking fee.

Calvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by orientblue3
Please cancel my v2 upgrade order. Thanks. Also, I may be considering sending my v1 back to you to be returned. Can you send me refund via Paypal e-check so I will not be hit with fees again?"

Later that day I was charged for my v2 upgrade that I was told was already cancelled. I immediately responded and got nothing back from Calvin. So I forwarded the message to Dustin@Vishnu in an attempt to get him to get in touch with Calvin to remedy this, no response. As of now, still no responses. So I PM'd Shiv@Vishnu for his help, no response. He has read the PM and posted since then and nothing back from him. I even addressed the issue in a thread he posted in after I sent the message to get his attention, and yet no response.

So now I have a v2 upgrade on the way that I don't want, and a Procede v1.47 that I don't need, that I don't know where to ship back to because no one will respond to my PM's. I am VERY UPSET AND VERY DISAPPOINTED that I would get this treatment after spending almost $1,400 with them.

All I want to fix this is:

1.) An address to ship my Procede v1.47 back to.
2.) To know if the V2 upgrade actually shipped after I was charged.
3.) If so, I want a prepaid UPS return shipping label sent to my door, so I can send it (v2) back to them.
4.) An immediate refund on v2. Since it was never cancelled, as promised. I did not budget for this since I had already had it cancelled by Calvin@Vishnu.
5.) For my trouble, a refund for my v1.47 via Paypal e-check, the second it arrives at Vishnu (I paid with Paypal), so I do not get hit with the fees since I am already losing 25% on an item I never used.

My contact e-mail is SVTMustangCobra3@aol.com if anyone at Vishnu needs to get a hold of me in regards to this situation. I will respond to that quicker than PM's.

Sorry to the guys at Vishnu for having to do this but I even mentioned in my PM to Shiv that this thread would be coming if I did not get a response from him or anyone in his company ASAP. He obviously does not care about his customers so much as to even provide a "let me see what I can do" response to pacify in order to prevent a thread like this.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2008, 10:33 AM   #2
TahoeOG
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by orientblue3 View Post
I'm not one to rant or post threads when I'm emotional but if this is what it takes to get a response then so be it.

A couple of weeks ago, I decided Procede was not for me. So I decided I wanted to return my v1.47 and cancel my V2 order. I PM'd Calvin@Vishnu over their Holiday break (12/28). Calvin responded with this:

"I can go ahead and cancel your v2 order. If you are considering returning your PROcede computer, we can only refund you via your purchase method. Note that we will only accept the return of unused items and returns are subjected to a 25% restocking fee.

Calvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by orientblue3
Please cancel my v2 upgrade order. Thanks. Also, I may be considering sending my v1 back to you to be returned. Can you send me refund via Paypal e-check so I will not be hit with fees again?"

Later that day I was charged for my v2 upgrade that I was told was already cancelled. I immediately responded and got nothing back from Calvin. So I forwarded the message to Dustin@Vishnu in an attempt to get him to get in touch with Calvin to remedy this, no response. As of now, still no responses. So I PM'd Shiv@Vishnu for his help, no response. He has read the PM and posted since then and nothing back from him. I even addressed the issue in a thread he posted in after I sent the message to get his attention, and yet no response.

So now I have a v2 upgrade on the way that I don't want, and a Procede v1.47 that I don't need, that I don't know where to ship back to because no one will respond to my PM's. I am VERY UPSET AND VERY DISAPPOINTED that I would get this treatment after spending almost $1,400 with them.

All I want to fix this is:

1.) An address to ship my Procede v1.47 back to.
2.) To know if the V2 upgrade actually shipped after I was charged.
3.) If so, I want a prepaid UPS return shipping label sent to my door, so I can send it (v2) back to them.
4.) An immediate refund on v2. Since it was never cancelled, as promised. I did not budget for this since I had already had it cancelled by Calvin@Vishnu.
5.) For my trouble, a refund for my v1.47 via Paypal e-check, the second it arrives at Vishnu (I paid with Paypal), so I do not get hit with the fees since I am already losing 25% on an item I never used.

Sorry to the guys at Vishnu for having to do this but I even mentioned in my PM to Shiv that this thread would be coming if I did not get a response from him or anyone in his company ASAP. He obviously does not care about his customers so much as to even provide a "let me see what I can do" response to pacify in order to prevent a thread like this.
Ok Dude i'm going to be REALLY honest with you. You purchased the Procede. You've had a lot of time to research the POWER gains, and Tq GAINS, and installation prcedures, etc...

You went ahead and invested your $1,000+ into it. you USE the product, then notice you don't like it. Want to return it and NOT PAY RESTOCKING FEE

That's like going to the apple store, buying a imac, USING IT, and returning it, and not wanting to pay restocking fee. Dude Vishnu is a not a small time store.. He's a major seller of his product. He's running a business.

Next you are complaining about the charges right after you cancelled your order of V2. Do keep in mind some companies and credit cards work different. Example. I put gas in my car with my debit card.. Doesn't come out of my account until 4 DAYS LATER. Now i don't know when he charged you for the stuff but maybe this is what happend. I'm pretty sure he can refund you the money for the V2 concidering you don't USE the product. Now shipping or paypal fee's i don't think he will refund, after all you're using paypal services and they are running a business as well.

Regarding them not responding to your email. Just a wild guess, maybe they have a lot of orders and have a dead line to meet? Maybe they need to respond to orders or installation questions, maybe working on a way to improve the allready good PRocede. I mean already responded to you about the policy. 25% restocking fee if used, blah blah blah.. there's not much to talk about after that. Either return item or not.
That is my opinion about the whole thing.

OR...
he could just be a dick say think "this guys annoying blow him off.
But i doubt this!

I've dealt with vishnu and it was fucking simple. I read the info on product before i invest my money into something. Next i see his website. THEN i KNOW the product will not ship untill a certain date. Then i pay my money. Product arrives when said. I install from the website video. Procede is in car, and i'm happy.

I just don't understand people who know there product will ship later and they send the payment and bitch about why it's taking so long when they got it. Or get it and think the installation is to difficult and contact vishnu with complaints, when the VIDEO installation was posted on their site for a while. WTF?!?!

Anyway, My advise, A)sell the procede to a member that will pay for it here on the forum or anywhere else and get most of your money back!

B)sell me your V2. I'll paypal you $35.

peace
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2008, 10:47 AM   #3
AWD Addict
Chief Executive
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi 6spd Coupe

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
^ +1
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2008, 10:53 AM   #4
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

+2 on billmister's comments/advice. Although the OP did state that his V1 was 'unused'?
      01-07-2008, 11:30 AM   #5
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

It clearly states in the billing statement in the bottom of the page that there is a restocking fee of 25% for returned items..You are not fraudualently being charged this fee because its written clearly at the bottom of the receipt along with the Procede unit....althought it might suck, the restocking fee is binded and concrete and u have no leg to stand on...sorry
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2008, 11:32 AM   #6
orientblue3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varise View Post
FWIW, as it seems some are not getting it. He paid Vishnu via paypal, therefore he wants to be refunded via paypal so that he is not charged the 3% or so that paypal charges you for receiving new funds. Paypal does not charge that 3% fee when funds are refunded.

Secondly, he is clearly stating that he did not use the product, so that essentially throws the Apple analogy out the window as they (Apple) do not charge a restocking fee on unused merchandise (10% on used.) He is not making an argument or trying to get out of the 25% $300 restocking fee for the lil black box.

The 25% restocking fee is a bit excessive, but then again so are their shipping charges...nothing new here.

Lastly, I find it humorous that you try and defend Vishnu's customer service when Vishnu doesn't even try to defend their customer service. It's pretty much a known fact that though they put out a great product, they tend to be a bit slow with getting back to the user and also in meeting deadlines.

We do agree on something though, your advice about putting it up for sale on the board was spot on. This would be the ideal method as you can probably get a little more then $900 for it.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Obviously the people above did not even read my post clearly. I don't mind paying the 25% restocking fee. I just wanted to make sure I would get a REFUND and not a payment from Vishnu to avoid the 3% fees. If I get a REFUND then I don't need a Paypal e-check.

Mods please delete the above comments to those who did not read my post. It has taken this thread in a direction that it was not intended for. I want people to know how poor their customer service is and I don't need fanboys who don't read posts trying to dillute my point. Varise, thank you however.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2008, 11:38 AM   #7
normtrum
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i

Did you try calling them?
      01-07-2008, 11:52 AM   #8
TahoeOG
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varise View Post
Lastly, I find it humorous that you try and defend Vishnu's customer service when Vishnu doesn't even try to defend their customer service. It's pretty much a known fact that though they put out a great product, they tend to be a bit slow with getting back to the user and also in meeting deadlines.
Now i do not know much about business but it's a bit hard to meet demands on products when your helping in getting your product shipped, taking time to improve the already good procede. To be honest when i purchased my procede i knew it was going to take a couple of week. because i was told so.

If it sounds like i'm defending vish then it does. I'm not a nutthugger or anything, i'm just stating my point of view on the subject. From what i read the OP said he has his procede for a week and saw no use of it. I don't recall reading anywhere where it says he actualy didn't use it. I will re-read the post. But, to me if you say you have to no use for the procede anymore, that means you used it and don't have use for it. I haven't had a problem with vish so maybe that's why i have this perspective on vishnu tuning.

PS- i read the part where it says "paying 25% on a product i never used". Sorry i didn't catch that part.

Last edited by TahoeOG; 01-07-2008 at 12:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2008, 12:00 PM   #9
TahoeOG
Major
Rep

Quote:
Mods please delete the above comments to those who ....
...I don't need fanboys who don't read posts trying to dillute my point.
Bro you sound like a cry baby.

I'm not a fanboy of Vishnu. Vish responded to your email. You got 2 f@# options. Sell this shit here or anyone you know, you will get MOST of your money back. If not keep it and stop being a ________ and crying over the subject.

Thanks for letting us know how vishnu responded you telling you the fee. And how they don't respond to your calls or emails. That will help out future members in decided wheather they will place their order with him or not. If all you wanted to post about was how bad there service is, you've done it. your helping other members by showing the negatives on vishnu... What's the point of you crying about the rest?

Fee's?.... sell the shit and get it over with!

Last edited by TahoeOG; 01-07-2008 at 12:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2008, 12:01 PM   #10
Calvin@Vishnu
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

Our mistake for charging you for your v2. The order has been canceled and refunded to you.

Upon reviewing your customer invoice for your PROcede system. It shows that you have already passed the 30 day return period stated on your invoice.

"All Merchandise is subject to a 25% restocking fee. Each item returned must be from original purchaser within 30 days. For more information visit Terms & Conditions at www.vishnutuning.com"

Unfortunately we will not be able to accept a return on this item.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2008, 12:29 PM   #11
Evo8MRto335I
Captain
Spain
Rep
Drives: can't list them all

What I suggest is that you sell your V2 package separately. There is a high demand, someone will buy back from you.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2008, 12:33 PM   #12
TahoeOG
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo8MRto335I View Post
What I suggest is that you sell your V2 package separately. There is a high demand, someone will buy back from you.
+100
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2008, 12:36 PM   #13
orientblue3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmister View Post
Now i do not know much about business but it's a bit hard to meet demands on products when your helping in getting your product shipped, taking time to improve the already good procede. To be honest when i purchased my procede i knew it was going to take a couple of week. because i was told so.

If it sounds like i'm defending vish then it does. I'm not a nutthugger or anything, i'm just stating my point of view on the subject. From what i read the OP said he has his procede for a week and saw no use of it. I don't recall reading anywhere where it says he actualy didn't use it. I will re-read the post. But, to me if you say you have to no use for the procede anymore, that means you used it and don't have use for it. I haven't had a problem with vish so maybe that's why i have this perspective on vishnu tuning.

PS- i read the part where it says "paying 25% on a product i never used". Sorry i didn't catch that part.

Probably the most important part. Try reading next time. That's half your original post. In regards, to the return, he said it was cancelled. I consider cancelled, just that cancelled. Lastly, the chain is only as strong as its weakest link. In this case, they have a great product (if you forget the limp modes that some are having) but slow shipping (they did not meet their originally promised v2 shipping schedule even AFTER they got them mass produced) and again, horrid customer service. You can't keep selling products if you piss off every customer that has an issue that needs to be address.

Last edited by orientblue3; 01-07-2008 at 01:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2008, 12:39 PM   #14
orientblue3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Bro you sound like a cry baby.

I'm not a fanboy of Vishnu. Vish responded to your email. You got 2 f@# options. Sell this shit here or anyone you know, you will get MOST of your money back. If not keep it and stop being a ________ and crying over the subject.

Thanks for letting us know how vishnu responded you telling you the fee. And how they don't respond to your calls or emails. That will help out future members in decided wheather they will place their order with him or not. If all you wanted to post about was how bad there service is, you've done it. your helping other members by showing the negatives on vishnu... What's the point of you crying about the rest?

Fee's?.... sell the shit and get it over with!
Are you serious dude? GTFO out of my thread and post your shit elsewhere. This is my thread and I can say whatever I want. I only posted the thread because this is what it took to get my response. Notice got I got a PM from Calvin an hour after it went up? Coinsidence, I think not. So seriously shut your ______ mouth and take your crap elsewhere. My whole point is like you say, "That will help out future members in decided wheather they will place their order with him or not. If all you wanted to post about was how bad there service is, you've done it. your helping other members by showing the negatives on vishnu." THAT IS THE POINT OF THE THREAD as well as to get my issue taken care of. Jesus man, lay off the crack.

I love how I post a thread about how I'm getting the run around by a customer who already has 10000000000 problems with their customer service and I get attacked? What a joke.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2008, 12:41 PM   #15
orientblue3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin@Vishnu View Post
Our mistake for charging you for your v2. The order has been canceled and refunded to you.

Upon reviewing your customer invoice for your PROcede system. It shows that you have already passed the 30 day return period stated on your invoice.

"All Merchandise is subject to a 25% restocking fee. Each item returned must be from original purchaser within 30 days. For more information visit Terms & Conditions at www.vishnutuning.com"

Unfortunately we will not be able to accept a return on this item.
Calvin, I will be responding to your PM shortly. But for now, here's a screen shot from your website. You probably shouldn't try to enforce a standard when you don't have it documented properly in every place. See the next to last paragraph entitled "Returns."
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-07-2008, 12:46 PM   #16
XLR8MF
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i sedan 2008

You should be able to sell it easily and for a god price sense it is unused.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2008, 12:53 PM   #17
MMAJNKE
MMA Changed My Life!
Japan
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 & f30 328i

Garage List
Glad you got a response hopefully everything works out for you!!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2008, 01:03 PM   #18
orientblue3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR8MF View Post
You should be able to sell it easily and for a god price sense it is unused.
Actually I'm not sure if that's the case. I paid $1,365 plus shipping new (again, its still new now). I'm including the brand new Serial/USB cable from RS for free ($30). Right now I have it listed in the market place for $1,075 shipped (see sig for link). I've had not a single PM or anyone interested in it. It's been listed since around Christmas. I will be getting around a $1,025 back if I return it. I'm willing to take the $400 loss to return it with it being unused, because I just want my money back.

Brad,

I got a response from Calvin. Not the one I was looking for. As stated, he says they have a 30-day return policy but there is not a single mention of it on their Return policy on their site. If your going to try to enforce a standard, you better have it properly documented in all areas you have it available to view. I consider this a "grey area." Who is the most important person to a company? THE CUSTOMER! Trust me, I know. I run a similar business to Vishnu and have to deal with these issues every single day. If there is even the slightest chance my company did something wrong then I will make it right with the customer EVERY SINGLE TIME. Calvin, is taking a hard line and trying to avoid having to give back my money but his position is flawed and like I said, does not have proper documentation in all areas (see screenshot). They have a chance to make me a happy customer, its up to them to do the right thing and take it. Their Customer Service has been blasted over and over on this site, this is there chance to change that perception. I'll defend them 'til the end if they make this right with me. It's their choice and their loss of a customer if they want to stick to their guns.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2008, 01:04 PM   #19
TahoeOG
Major
Rep

Quote:
GTFO out of my thread

Quote:
This is my thread and I can say whatever I want.

Quote:
I love how I post a thread about how I'm getting the run around by a customer who already has 10000000000 problems with their customer service and I get attacked?

.....Permision to respond on your thread all mighty thread poster.

LOL Dude you're hillarious.... i don't take your responces as an insult. Even if your trying to insult me.

As i read this thread more, it seems more of a return money to you, then how bad your customer service experience was. Sounds to me like your trying to explode the whole they are bad customer service let me get members to agree with me and then vishnu will give me my money back. Sell the thing and kill it.

Anyway i'll go away from "your thread"

Peace and GL
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2008, 01:12 PM   #20
orientblue3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

.....Permision to respond on your thread all mighty thread poster.

LOL Dude you're hillarious.... i don't take your responces as an insult. Even if your trying to insult me.

You had this thing 30days... 30 DAYS.. and you just woke up and said.. ehhhh, this is not right for me. 30 day return policy buddy. As i read this thread more, it seems more of a return money to you, then how bad your customer service experience was. Sounds to me like your trying to explode the whole they are bad customer service let me get members to agree with me and then vishnu will give me my money back. Sell the thing and kill it.

Anyway i'll go away from "your thread"

Peace and GL
This sounds like politics, taking things out of context to make your point.

Look at the screen shot.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2008, 01:21 PM   #21
TahoeOG
Major
Rep

Either way you look at it, it makes one point. Your unhappy, you want the whole board to be pissed off at vish for you to get your refund back after you got a product for 30days when you decided to return it.

BTW, i took out the "You had this thing 30days... 30 DAYS.. and you just woke up and said.. ehhhh, this is not right for me. 30 day return policy buddy" because i didn't feel that stating the fact again would matter, it would just get your pissed and drag the thread more. So i removed it. But if you wanted to keep it. There you go.

Anyway bro GL.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2008, 01:35 PM   #22
orientblue3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Either way you look at it, it makes one point. Your unhappy, you want the whole board to be pissed off at vish for you to get your refund back after you got a product for 30days when you decided to return it.

BTW, i took out the "You had this thing 30days... 30 DAYS.. and you just woke up and said.. ehhhh, this is not right for me. 30 day return policy buddy" because i didn't feel that stating the fact again would matter, it would just get your pissed and drag the thread more. So i removed it. But if you wanted to keep it. There you go.

Anyway bro GL.
For the record, part of the reason I am so upset is, I had zero idea they had a 30 day return policy. Why? Because I referenced their website the whole time because the invoice was in the box in my room collecting dust. Sure, you could say, "why didn't you look at the invoice, who doesn't reference the invoice?" But fact of the matter is, I have no use for the Procede and thus the box isn't opened. Also, who honestly would expect someones return policy to be different on their website than on their invoice? So please don't claim, you were aware of the policy and decided that I wanted to try to return it after 30 days just because I couldn't get my money back trying to sell it. I would testify in court, THAT I HAD NO KNOWLEDGE OF THE 30 DAY RETURN POLICY UNTIL CALVIN POSTED/PM'D ME THAT INFO TODAY. There is no whining involved. This is a customer demanding a solution that otherwise would not have been resolved unless I posted this thread. Additionally, I wanted other customers and potential customers to be aware that they could face this situation as well. You should thank me for making this post not try to rip me a new one. After all, this is the Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum, and that's what I'm doing, providing my comments, review and feedback on a vendor.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread