E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Construct Auto-Terrible fitment + customer service

11-02-2009, 09:10 PM   #23
yamazaho
Wang D.D.S.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 14' WRX, 15' W205

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.76]
Did CONSTRUCT ever mentioned to the buyer that the bumper is SHORT to the splash guard though?

To OP, IMO I would not even bother to buy this bumper if the kidney grilles are NOT going to fit. How cheap was this bumper anyways? $200 shipped?? Damn...
      11-02-2009, 09:41 PM   #24
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 335i

I KNEW that all the holes had to be drilled..no problems with that, its easy. I was not told about the bottom of the bumper being 6 inches short and not able to be bolted to the heat shield. I asked SEVERAL times before buying if fitment was perfect. I was told yes over and over again to the point where I felt comfortable buying. I think the pics speak for themselves, the bumper is JUNK. Its a $150 ebay type bumper..maybe worse. I dont have pics of the fender liners yet, but they CAN NOT be screwed into the bumper..its impossible. You know the lip that the oem bumper has where the liners screw in? Well this bumper doesnt have them. Fender liners are hanging by a thread and rubbing on the tires almost constantly. ConstructAuto=Europassion=scammers
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2009, 09:43 PM   #25
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

$600 for bumper + over 800 to paint & install because of all the issues..and yes, my kidney grills had to be glued in..

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamazaho View Post
Did CONSTRUCT ever mentioned to the buyer that the bumper is SHORT to the splash guard though?

To OP, IMO I would not even bother to buy this bumper if the kidney grilles are NOT going to fit. How cheap was this bumper anyways? $200 shipped?? Damn...
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2009, 09:51 PM   #26
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

You sold me a bumper that you knew had fitment issues?? Are you kidding? You told me in Pm's that fitment was perfect, except that the holes needed to be drilled, which is common on aftermarket bumpers. If its not for sale and was deemed not good enough for resale then why the FUCK did you sell it to me> You're a scumbag, I want my money back, or a bumper that fits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONSTRUCTauto.com View Post
Give me a chance to explain this. The bumper that has the issues is from a first batch that is not for sale due to the fitment issues. We have gotten 5 of them and complained about the poor quality to the manufacturer. After that we have gotten a stock of 15 bumpers that had no issues whatsoever. We have sold those 15 pieces as wholesale to several companies and now we do not have any for sale.

In this particular case, I have explained to the buyer what the issues were with this particular bumper. I explained that the kidney grilles will not fit, that the fender liner needs to be attached to the bumper by drilling holes (see the extract from my communications with the customer below), I never claimed that this bumper has 100% fitment because its not the bumpers we regularly sell. If we do sell it, we make sure that the customer knows of all the problems and gets low price on the bumper. This is exactly the case.

As for the support, the customer service etc. See below and make your own judgment:

jcarlucci1 09-01-2009

CONSTRUCTauto.com 09-01-2009

jcarlucci1 09-23-2009

CONSTRUCTauto.com 09-25-2009

I ship the bumper and provide my cell phone for any support issues.

jcarlucci1 10-18-2009

CONSTRUCTauto.com 10-18-2009

I ship him another set of grilles 2-day air at my expense. I pay for shipping as a courtesy.

After several days I receive a call from Josh asking me several questions about the fender lining etc. this is a last day before SEMA and I am working overnight to get the cars ready and I mention that to him...yet, I speak to him several times trying to help him with the bottom piece. He sent me 2 emails within an hour after our conversation to which I promised to answer later. Then I receive an e-mail like this after another 2.5 hours:

After some back and forth e-mails and threats to post this whole deal on e90post and do a chargeback, I offer this:

So he does:

I issue the refund.

Summary: Josh bought the bumper for much cheaper price then we sell these bumpers normally. He was previously aware of the issues with the fitment on that particular bumper. He has gotten a partial refund to cover the problems with the liner not reaching and agreed to close the issue.

So in the end, after being called "an idiot", "a liar", being held hostage by "I will do a chargeback and post it on the forums" I have finally given up on this guy and told him to do his worst.

Any business has problems with their products and I stand behind mine. Any customer of mine can tell you that I go to any length to make thing right. Good examples would be Humtek and Sejo5. I will go out of my way to help...not with Josh at this point.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2009, 10:03 PM   #27
AlpineG05
hi
Rep
Drives: Alpine White G05

wait a minute, you've spent 1400 on that bumper??? wow!
      11-02-2009, 10:28 PM   #28
yamazaho
Wang D.D.S.
Taiwan
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.76]
I had my DTM M5 bumper installed by me and a friend of mine before and yes that bumper was also missing the two holes on the sides to secure the fender liners. But still, I secured my liners with the drilled holes at the bottom of the bumper, the one next to the brake ducts, the one on top and the one behind the wheels. Here are the pics for the bumper.

IMO, the liners are not an issue but the bottom length of the bumper is. My DTM bumper was not short by any mean.

Someone is lying...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONSTRUCTauto.com View Post
In this particular case, I have explained to the buyer what the issues were with this particular bumper. I explained that the kidney grilles will not fit, that the fender liner needs to be attached to the bumper by drilling holes (see the extract from my communications with the customer below), I never claimed that this bumper has 100% fitment because its not the bumpers we regularly sell. If we do sell it, we make sure that the customer knows of all the problems and gets low price on the bumper. This is exactly the case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlucci1 View Post
I KNEW that all the holes had to be drilled..no problems with that, its easy. I was not told about the bottom of the bumper being 6 inches short and not able to be bolted to the heat shield. I asked SEVERAL times before buying if fitment was perfect. I was told yes over and over again to the point where I felt comfortable buying. I think the pics speak for themselves, the bumper is JUNK. Its a $150 ebay type bumper..maybe worse. I dont have pics of the fender liners yet, but they CAN NOT be screwed into the bumper..its impossible. You know the lip that the oem bumper has where the liners screw in? Well this bumper doesnt have them. Fender liners are hanging by a thread and rubbing on the tires almost constantly. ConstructAuto=Europassion=scammers
      11-02-2009, 10:34 PM   #29
KkSc
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 13'FR-S/15' F80 M3

Quote:
I had my DTM M5 bumper installed by me and a friend of mine before and yes that bumper was also missing the two holes on the sides to secure the fender liners. But still, I secured my liners with the drilled holes at the bottom of the bumper, the one next to the brake ducts, the one on top and the one behind the wheels. Here are the pics for the bumper.

IMO, the liners are not an issue but the bottom length of the bumper is. My DTM bumper was not short by any mean.

Someone is lying...

+1 someone is lying,,,

2015 F80 Alpine White M3
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2009, 11:44 PM   #30
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

whats to lie about? I think the pictures are pretty clear. This bumper was sold to me with 100% perfect fitment guarantee..now I find out he sold me a bumper that was deemed unfit for his vendors to sell because of bad fitment..he said so himself, how much more clear does it need to be?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2009, 12:26 AM   #31
yamazaho
Wang D.D.S.
Taiwan
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.76]
Quote:
whats to lie about? I think the pictures are pretty clear. This bumper was sold to me with 100% perfect fitment guarantee..now I find out he sold me a bumper that was deemed unfit for his vendors to sell because of bad fitment..he said so himself, how much more clear does it need to be?
Dude you said the vendor told you the fitment is guaranteed and CONSTRUCT said he did not say that. It's either you are trying to blame the vendor for not informing you the problem or the vendor is just trying to talk himself out of it. Yes the bumper's fitment looks like shit, but did he tell you about it up front?
      11-03-2009, 12:37 AM   #32
Greatest335I
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335I black

wow a poor fitment cost you that much??? wtf ....
      11-03-2009, 07:55 AM   #33
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

How would you like me to prove that? His website and all his ads on e90 claim perfect fitment..how was I to know any different. He said fitment was just like OEM except that the holes had to be drilled for the grills..I was never told ANYTHING about the other issues. Its not like that 6 inch gap is just a small oversight. Nor is the fact that there is nowhere to screw the fender liners in..

Quote:
Dude you said the vendor told you the fitment is guaranteed and CONSTRUCT said he did not say that. It's either you are trying to blame the vendor for not informing you the problem or the vendor is just trying to talk himself out of it. Yes the bumper's fitment looks like shit, but did he tell you about it up front?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2009, 09:08 AM   #34
Scimitar335i
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Dude.. didn't you have issues with MForce skirts too?
      11-03-2009, 09:22 AM   #35
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

They were mtech..not fitment issues, they just sent me 2 right skirts instead of a left and right..about to give up on buying from the vendors on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scimitar335i View Post
Dude.. didn't you have issues with MForce skirts too?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2009, 10:45 AM   #36
PokGuy
The Ma of all E90's
Rep
Drives: the neighbors craaazzzyy!

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [0.00]
wouldnt this mean your car is gonna be longer than others because of the 6inch gap? SICK!!!!! post pics when its done please!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2009, 12:59 PM   #37
klipseracer
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i, 05 E46 330i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2005 330i  [0.00]
Personally, anyone who expects OEM fitment on anything aftermarket is expecting too much.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2009, 01:35 PM   #38
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

True..I didnt expect OEM, but I definitely expected more than what I got..

Quote:
Originally Posted by klipseracer View Post
Personally, anyone who expects OEM fitment on anything aftermarket is expecting too much.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2009, 02:29 PM   #39
yamazaho
Wang D.D.S.
Taiwan
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.76]
Quote:
How would you like me to prove that? His website and all his ads on e90 claim perfect fitment..how was I to know any different. He said fitment was just like OEM except that the holes had to be drilled for the grills..I was never told ANYTHING about the other issues. Its not like that 6 inch gap is just a small oversight. Nor is the fact that there is nowhere to screw the fender liners in..
I am not asking you to prove anything man. After all it's your words against the vendor's. You said the vendor told you the fit is perfect, yet the vendor said he did tell you the problem with this bumper. Yes, the fitment looks like shit and I really think the vendor needs to step up and do something about it. I don't think CONSTRUCT wants everyone to see this thread and pictures of such crappy product.
      11-03-2009, 02:55 PM   #40
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I was fully aware that the holes needed to be drilled, etc. and I was fine with that. That is the only thing he told me. I DID NOT know that this was a one off, reject bumper with that kind of fitment. I honestly cant believe he came on here and admitted that he knowingly sold me a bumper that had serious fitment problems. I would like to see some proof from him proving that he mentioned any of these problems..This is all a lost cause anyway because ConstructAuto could care less and is not going to fix the problem; so I might as well make the best of it..I have alot of money in this bumper.

Quote:
I am not asking you to prove anything man. After all it's your words against the vendor's. You said the vendor told you the fit is perfect, yet the vendor said he did tell you the problem with this bumper. Yes, the fitment looks like shit and I really think the vendor needs to step up and do something about it. I don't think CONSTRUCT wants everyone to see this thread and pictures of such crappy product.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2009, 03:00 PM   #41
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

This is from Construct's Advertisement for this bumper..Guess no one ever test fit mine huh peter??

"We are very proud of how they fit and take extra attention to making sure that they get test fitted when we get them from our manufacturer. Funny enough, some of our replicas fit better then the originals."
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2009, 04:34 PM   #42
AlpineG05
hi
Rep
Drives: Alpine White G05

Quote:
This is from Construct's Advertisement for this bumper..Guess no one ever test fit mine huh peter??

"We are very proud of how they fit and take extra attention to making sure that they get test fitted when we get them from our manufacturer. Funny enough, some of our replicas fit better then the originals."
      11-03-2009, 09:39 PM   #43
ronn16E90
Major
Philippines
Rep
Drives: E90 N52 & E92 m3

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
2006 325i  [9.00]
aww damn bro I feel sorry for you
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2009, 10:42 PM   #44
mJ335
Amateur Post Whore
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 SparkLiN G. 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
"Guaranteed perfect fitment"? That's a strong word.. so if the product is not perfect fitment, then the vendor should guarantee satisfaction to the consumer with their money back or some other way of fully satisfying the buyer.

600bumper+(300paint+500install/modification/labor)?!?! Wow that's BS.. seems like your bodyshop is ripping you off too.

|BL|RS|PIAA|CFE|CFMC|SSM|CFG|CFDP|ABG|M6|AFE|MTECH |RPI|JB+|CSLT|KWSC|
Appreciate 0