E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Match up7bmw advice

07-15-2021, 07:24 AM   #1
loc2000
Loc2000
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F01 LCI 730d

Match up7bmw advice

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hi everyone

I have bought an match up7bmw amp for my f01 bmw. Id need some help to set up xovers as my knowledge is quite low. If you dont have time to answer my questions thats fine but please let me know so I wont wait.

I have focals es100k elite k2( 110hz-22k) in doors and Match w8bmw-s 2ohm underseat
Rest is stock.

Questions are:
When I set a gain on that amp to what manufacturer (match) recommends which is 8v volume is very low, just like with stock amp. I dont know what it should be as I dont know what voltage comes from head unit

2. Could you give me rough idea what crossover frequencies and slope to start from (im using lc software supplied with the amp) as I dont have that much time because of work to do research.

Any help much appreciated
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2021, 09:03 AM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

The volume should be about the same as the stock amp at the same setting on the volume control. More power isn't about louder, it's about cleaner at the highest settings. The standard crossover frequencies are 120Hz and 4kHz.
Appreciate 1
      07-15-2021, 01:51 PM   #3
loc2000
Loc2000
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F01 LCI 730d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
The volume should be about the same as the stock amp at the same setting on the volume control. More power isn't about louder, it's about cleaner at the highest settings. The standard crossover frequencies are 120Hz and 4kHz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post

Thanks, do you know what is the output voltage of the headunit? From what I know it needs to match amp gain
Appreciate 0