E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > dreaded 2d2e on cold startups

11-14-2022, 01:02 PM   #1
witty
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335i M-Sport

dreaded 2d2e on cold startups

This issue got me really stumpped in what is causing it.

This issue started occurring when I went back to 93 gas (from e50). It first was intermediate. Would only pop up sometimes when I started the car. I thought the issue was a MAF sensor on the intake manifold, so I had gone ahead and purchased a new maf and a new tmap sensor (3.5 bar) I had done the Tmap sensor repin, and it worked, but weirdly after that, I started to get a 2d2e error. This error is only present when I start the car; Once the car has started, when the rpm starts dropping, my stft pegs at 34. then the error occurs. Once the car has fully warmed up, the code deactivates. Note that the code doesn't light up a check engine light. During this time, I had also purchased new boost solenoids.

Things I've tried that had maybe related to the issue:

Reverted back to the old tmap sensor (issue still occurs).

reinstall charge pipe (charge pipe looked fine and not cracked (vvt charge pipe)

reinstall back old MAF sensor (didnt change anything)

changed out all vac lines (helped a little but still the same)

Note: I don't get any mixture codes at all, jus the 2d2e code

Ive tried v10,v9,v7 on mhd, but still occurs in all maps.

Now some questions if anyone can answer:

Can this be a issue due to incorrect repinning? for example, one of the pins isnt in the right area?
      12-29-2022, 07:46 AM   #2
danfratamico
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335xi

Garage List
2007 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
Did you ever figure this out? I'm getting the same code on cold startups and usually takes a day or so to return after I clear it. I did not change MAP sensors but I did smoke test and everything seems fine. In case this matters, I have been using 89 gas in my car but have been for a year or so and only noticed issues when it started to become real cold (PA).
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2023, 01:32 AM   #3
witty
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by danfratamico View Post
Did you ever figure this out? I'm getting the same code on cold startups and usually takes a day or so to return after I clear it. I did not change MAP sensors but I did smoke test and everything seems fine. In case this matters, I have been using 89 gas in my car but have been for a year or so and only noticed issues when it started to become real cold (PA).
sorry for the late reply, I solved mine by buying some new intake manifold gaskets.