E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Need help-- Non iDrive to CIC retrofit coding help

07-06-2021, 09:29 PM   #1
yeeterspooky
Intellectual
Canada
Rep
Drives: e70 x5m, e90 335i

Need help-- Non iDrive to CIC retrofit coding help

Hello,

I have recently completed a non-iDrive to CIC iDrive retrofit into my 2009 BMW 335i xDrive (the vin is WBAPL33549A515005 if that's any use) and I need help with the coding part because I can't seem to find a step-by-step guide. I have looked all over the internet and looked through this forum but can only find ccc to CIC retrofit coding. Does anybody have a step-by-step guide? Is the CCC to CIC coding the same as non-iDrive to CIC coding?

Thank you, all your help is very appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 06:53 PM   #2
eku1s
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i M Sport 2011 LCI

You must be committed if you replaced your entire dash on a 13 year old car just to add an fairly outdated infotainment system.. nice project all the same!

I'm no expert on this matter, but I believe it's as simple as modifying the VO (vehicle order).

You'll need to remove the option for the old head unit (from your VIN it looks like $663) and add the option(s) for the CIC.

Depending on what you've fitted (Combox/Mulf), from a quick Google search those options appear to be:

$644 Bluetooth hands Free
$6VA CIC-Zusteuerung
$6VC Steuerung Combox

Also looks like you had a CD changer from factory - did you remove this? If so, you'll need to remove that option also.

Do a search for instructions on modifying the VO and coding a blank man file to modules.
Appreciate 0