E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > COBB Review (APv3)

03-15-2015, 12:39 PM   #1
idratherbesurfing
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e90 335i Lci

COBB Review (APv3)

Just to give you a quick backround, my last two cars (11' STI and 07 STI) have had the COBB AP. Never had any issues with that tuner and was very satisfied with the LC, FFS and tuning that was able to be done with it. On the note i got the AP again for my new car (09 335i). A few weeks ago i had notice while driving my AP had turned off, I thought i may have hit the power button accidently.. then just unplugged it and plugged it back in. Well a few days after that i plugged in my AP and the screen went black! I took it inside to my computer and plugged it in but the same thing black screen. I called COBB and explained my issues they said to send it in so they could examine it (AP was bought brand new 2 months ago) they had my AP for maybe 2 days and had it fixed with no problem. I think they had to just replace the screen. It was kind of annoying that a new product like that broke but Cobb was kind and easy to deal with over the phone and email to help fix this issue. I received a email every step of the way. From getting my box, to time it was fixed, and then the time they shipped it back to me. I just wanted to write this to give them a good customer service review. I dont think ive ever seen them comment on forums before but anyone can read this and see a good review.

I did have the JB4 G5 before the COBB AP and it was a great product but the COBB suits my better. I would not knock the JB4 at all i would compare these tuners to Skiing or Snowboarding.. Dirtbikes or Quads...Just pick one you like better there will always be a rivalry

The new screen display on the V3 is epic and now disolves the issue of mounting guages in our nice interiors! I personally use the 4 guage display set up. Just as easy as before to flash maps as well. (BMW takes longer to flash then Subaru for sure)

I do wish Cobb would support LC and FFS like they do for the Subaru world BUT they wont and never will so i have ordered a WOTBOX to take care of that.

End of rambling
Appreciate 1