E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Rear o2 sensor questions

04-30-2019, 08:47 AM   #1
dsource
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335xi + miata + tdi

Rear o2 sensor questions

Xi, Catless down-pipes installed, attempting to pass emissions, I had this code show up when the car didn't have a MHD tune, MHD suppresses it otherwise. Dp Fix is installed.

Code: 2C78 - Oxygen sensor 2 after catalytic converter: Signal
Code: 2C7E - Oxgen sensor emissions control.

It is possible i mixed up the o2 sensors, i see that there is a yellow plug, and green plug. Which o2 sensor goes where (front turbo) and (rear turbo). Can someone confirm which connector goes to what bank?

Quote:
Per: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=748187
Bank 1 = cylinders 1-3 = Front turbo = Driver's side DP (LHD) = Green o-ring connector
Bank 2 = cylinders 4-6 = Rear turbo = Passenger side DP (again, LHD) = Yellow o-ring connector

The o2 sensor closest to drivers side was hand loose? I tightened them both down equally.I struggled to remove the o2 sensor off the down pipe closest to the passenger side. I tried with a 22mm wrench and a offset 02 socket. Any suggestions?

I have a spare set of rear o2 sensors ready to swap if one is bad. Next step might be go to into INPA and see if the car is detecting the 02 sensors.

Last edited by dsource; 04-30-2019 at 08:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 03:35 PM   #2
dsource
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335xi + miata + tdi

DP Fix was causing some issues. Went into INPA and saw low voltages in the o2 sensors for the the rear. Removed DP fix, swapped a used o2 sensor into bank 1, post cat. Flashed MHD 2+ back onto the car and passed emissions. DP fix isn't needed to pass emissions in WI, mhd will allow you to pass.

Something noteworthy is that the shielding on the cable grey/ black IS NOT indicative of which o2 sensor. Only way to tell is from the plug color (green or yellow).
Appreciate 0