E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Android HU - Radio works, but no sound otherwise

11-26-2023, 09:55 PM   #1
bonez318ti
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

Android HU - Radio works, but no sound otherwise

I installed an Android 10.0 HU into my 128i (yes i know i know, but128i is essentially identical to e90 and this forum gets much more traffic).

The 128i was a non-idrive, and came with the S663 BMW Professional Radio, S676 HiFi speaker system.

I installed the HU today (came with a CAN BUS decoder box and harness that plugged directly into the square connector). Everything seems to work well (even steering wheel controls). The radio works well, however I cannot seem to get any music/sound from the android unit.

The closest is when I have the radio is playing, I go to google assistant and I can hear the 'ding' when I initiate a command. If I go to start a music app, the radio stops playing but no music plays (and i can no longer hear the sound when using google assistant). When I go open the radio app, i can again hear the radio.

Ive tried various settings on the equalizer, in the 'factory settings' as well as with the canbus parameters but have had no success.

It makes me think that the AMP is only receiving power when the radio is on (maybe from the ANT). Looking around - I found this site that had the pin outs of the square connector and states "Installing aftermarket Android head unit on a standard E90 BMW need to provide 12 Volts to the antenna sw pin 13 on the BMW harness."

Does anyone think this will solve my problem? If so, how would I go about this?

Thanks
Appreciate 0