E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > regarding Morr Monoforged VS8 GB

04-07-2008, 12:39 AM   #23
normtrum
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i

Just finished reading all the "questionable" posts on the v8 gb. wow.

Bottom line....I absolutely love my vs7's. People ask me about them almost every time I'm out with my car. I had 5 or 6 CA's and SA's at my dealer come out to rant and rave about them. They are an incredible wheel that I bought for a incredible price. Certified or not...I don't give a shit. Carlos gave a great explanation on post 718, which was good enough for me.

As far as Carlos is concerned....he has always shown me impecable customer service...whether it be by pm, e-mail, or phone.

I wish everyone the best on the v8 gb. And believe me when I say....their wheels look even better in person.
      04-07-2008, 08:04 AM   #24
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtrum View Post
Just finished reading all the "questionable" posts on the v8 gb. wow.

Bottom line....I absolutely love my vs7's. People ask me about them almost every time I'm out with my car. I had 5 or 6 CA's and SA's at my dealer come out to rant and rave about them. They are an incredible wheel that I bought for a incredible price. Certified or not...I don't give a shit. Carlos gave a great explanation on post 718, which was good enough for me.

As far as Carlos is concerned....he has always shown me impecable customer service...whether it be by pm, e-mail, or phone.

I wish everyone the best on the v8 gb. And believe me when I say....their wheels look even better in person.
+1. No problems in > 1 year for my VS7s...phenomenal, lightweight forged alum. wheels. at a great price! I met Carlos personally when I purchased my VS7s and he's a decent guy. I haven't read the whole VS8 GB thread, and I probably won't, but I think it's fair to say that whatever cert's the VS7/VS8's have or do not have, these are some awesome wheels!

Personally, I didn't buy these wheels for their cert's; if they're certified, then great, and if not, then oh well...whatever, it doesn't matter to me. What matters is that the Morr Alloys VS7/VS8 wheels are what they're supposed to be...high quality, lightweight 20lb., strong, forged alum., great looking wheels with a perfect size/offset for the 335i at an affordable price from a Vendor that delivers. So far, from what I've personally experienced and seen first hand, Carlos delivers!

btw -- if you guys think that the other Vendor wheels are all 100% certified, then you're even more gullible than you thought. The bottom line is 'you get what you pay for' and FWIW, I believe that the VS7/VS8 wheels are in fact certified...if it really matters to some ppl.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |

Last edited by sflgator; 04-07-2008 at 08:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 08:40 AM   #25
judec
born to be turbocharged
Slovakia
Rep
Drives: Not a bimmer yet

I am just curious whether anyone in EU has these wheels on his car. U say "certified, then great, and if not, then oh well..." - I say OK, they have proven quality and good reviews but how on earth could I import them legally w/o certs and use them here? Another question, based on Eugen's experience when importing his M6 reps - Miro has their wheels certified, they provided their customer with all the necessary paperwork and support to go through customs and road legal certification process - now how is this possible a premium company doesnt give a damn about something what is absolutely certain for a company "making cheap reps" (no offense intended, just illustrating the picture)?

The other question is much more important - how on earth would I buy wheels from a vendor more or less proven to be a liar? How could I trust these wheels going 150+mph? As stated in some of the posts above - what if the certs are not the only thing he lied about? This is simply untolerable.

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 06:40 PM   #26
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varise View Post
Please refer to this post as a summary for all of those that miss the point.

Please refer to this post as one of the FEW that actually get the point.

I am growing tired of repeating myself for those that can't grasp the concept. This isn't about a personal vendetta that I have against Carlos or Morr Alloys, after all, I am someone that has no dog in this fight. For all I care the planet could be nuked, and all that survives is 100 sets of VS7/VS8's. This is about the INTEGRITY and CHARACTER of a vendor on E90post. A vendor that LIED about his wheels holding certain safety certifications, certifications that even many $800 reps hold. If you take a peek at the 1st page of the VS7 group buy you will see that Carlos states in the 1st post that the VS7's hold 4 separate safety certifications. How many of these certifications does he hold of the claimed 4? The answer is zero. The same song and dance has been played out in the VS8 group buy. JWL was contacted, and they had no record of Morr Alloys, or any of their wheels. So many of you have scribed on your wheels a likely counterfeit (poorly done at that) insignia and number supposedly coming from a safety commission that has no knowledge of the wheel. Not until recently, after exposing Carlos as a LIAR did he actually contact JWL to attempt to get the current VS8's certified. Will he follow through? That has yet to be seen and frankly I don't necessarily trust the man until he post the certifications, like all companies who hold these certifications are willing to do.

My next point has been that as a proven LIAR about something as serious as your safety, what else is he hiding about these wheels? Are they made of the same material that he is claiming, are they made using the same process that he has described? Are you grossly overpaying for something that is made cheaply and in a third world country with no standards? Don't get me wrong, they are a gorgeous wheels, essentially a carbon copy of another more expensive wheel on the market, but gorgeous nonetheless. Let me use an analogy to supplement my point. To Preface, I know nothing of crash ratings or the process that cars go through to accomplish a certain standard. With that said, what if you found out today that BMW claimed certifications of a 5 star crash rating (the best) in the event of an accident. After you purchase the car, independent safety commissions conduct their own test and agree that the 335 is only worthy of a 2 star crash rating. People would be calling for BMW's head if this were to happen. Lawsuits would be raining down on BMW and every one of you would want some kind of compensation or buyback guarantee from BMW.

High quality? How could a wheel be considered high quality when it hasn't been tested except by maybe a couple hundred people at most. That is a rather small sample size. I will go out on a limb and say that Carlos has not certified these wheels because the process and certifications can be very expensive, and also that there is a possibility that they will not pass. Pretty is what they are, high quality is what they are not until they have been proven. Proven is not one of you going 140 on the freeway for 10 seconds. Proven is not you hitting a pot hole. Proven is not you making a 12 second quarter mile pass at your local track. You may argue real world experience versus laboratory results, but that's like saying although my 335 has a 2 star crash rating, I hit a light pole in mine at 80 MPH and survived just fine!

Lastly, I am not here to change anyone's mind, I just want to put all of the facts out there for all to judge for themselves. More then a few of you have pm'ed me saying that you are no longer buying these wheels due to the devious and misleading nature of Morr Alloys. Everyone is of course free to make their own decision, but I am glad they are doing it knowing the facts instead of LIES.
Dude, I wasn't throwing my $0.02 in just to argue, but as a differing first-hand experience with Carlos and the Morr Alloys VS7 wheels. If you have a beef with Carlos and/or the quality of his VS7/VS8 wheels, then of course you have the right to voice your opinion and such, but this does not necessarily mean that you and your opinion are correct for ALL other ppl either. Carlos has many hundreds or possibly thousands of very happy customers, driving around in the 335i's with VS7 wheels right now...no need to take anything away from that. So, please do not insult me...you have ZERO right to do that.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 07:20 PM   #27
Orb
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Please refer to this post as a summary for all of those that miss the point.

Please refer to this post as one of the FEW that actually get the point.

I am growing tired of repeating myself for those that can't grasp the concept. This isn't about a personal vendetta that I have against Carlos or Morr Alloys, after all, I am someone that has no dog in this fight. For all I care the planet could be nuked, and all that survives is 100 sets of VS7/VS8's. This is about the INTEGRITY and CHARACTER of a vendor on E90post. A vendor that LIED about his wheels holding certain safety certifications, certifications that even many $800 reps hold. If you take a peek at the 1st page of the VS7 group buy you will see that Carlos states in the 1st post that the VS7's hold 4 separate safety certifications. How many of these certifications does he hold of the claimed 4? The answer is zero. The same song and dance has been played out in the VS8 group buy. JWL was contacted, and they had no record of Morr Alloys, or any of their wheels. So many of you have scribed on your wheels a likely counterfeit (poorly done at that) insignia and number supposedly coming from a safety commission that has no knowledge of the wheel. Not until recently, after exposing Carlos as a LIAR did he actually contact JWL to attempt to get the current VS8's certified. Will he follow through? That has yet to be seen and frankly I don't necessarily trust the man until he post the certifications, like all companies who hold these certifications are willing to do.

My next point has been that as a proven LIAR about something as serious as your safety, what else is he hiding about these wheels? Are they made of the same material that he is claiming, are they made using the same process that he has described? Are you grossly overpaying for something that is made cheaply and in a third world country with no standards? Don't get me wrong, they are a gorgeous wheels, essentially a carbon copy of another more expensive wheel on the market, but gorgeous nonetheless. Let me use an analogy to supplement my point. To Preface, I know nothing of crash ratings or the process that cars go through to accomplish a certain standard. With that said, what if you found out today that BMW claimed certifications of a 5 star crash rating (the best) in the event of an accident. After you purchase the car, independent safety commissions conduct their own test and agree that the 335 is only worthy of a 2 star crash rating. People would be calling for BMW's head if this were to happen. Lawsuits would be raining down on BMW and every one of you would want some kind of compensation or buyback guarantee from BMW.

High quality? How could a wheel be considered high quality when it hasn't been tested except by maybe a couple hundred people at most. That is a rather small sample size. I will go out on a limb and say that Carlos has not certified these wheels because the process and certifications can be very expensive, and also that there is a possibility that they will not pass. Pretty is what they are, high quality is what they are not until they have been proven. Proven is not one of you going 140 on the freeway for 10 seconds. Proven is not you hitting a pot hole. Proven is not you making a 12 second quarter mile pass at your local track. You may argue real world experience versus laboratory results, but that's like saying although my 335 has a 2 star crash rating, I hit a light pole in mine at 80 MPH and survived just fine!

Lastly, I am not here to change anyone's mind, I just want to put all of the facts out there for all to judge for themselves. More then a few of you have pm'ed me saying that you are no longer buying these wheels due to the devious and misleading nature of Morr Alloys. Everyone is of course free to make their own decision, but I am glad they are doing it knowing the facts instead of LIES.
I’m glad you spoke up as I was going to get these wheels so it is appreciated.

To validate the forge process you could ask for a sample cross section of the wheel. The grain structure will tell all.

Orb
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 11:23 PM   #28
normtrum
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i

Quote:
Tee hee, you're cute! Aren't you the same DUIguy.com that cried to the admins at the N54 forums because you didn't like my post that referenced your goofy practice? Be honest!?! Ah yes, you are the one, they contacted me and said that you threatened copyright infringement, or something silly like that. I laid off of you after that notice because I felt bad for you. I still feel bad for you....Tee hee! You're a mouthpiece with feminine features, there really is no substance, you offer nothing really. King of the one liners, I give you your crown back.
Ok....you pretty much shot all your credibility to hell after this ridiculous post.
      04-08-2008, 02:20 PM   #29
krapnoj
IG: krapm3
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Prius

wow.. vanished!

IG: krapm3
2010 E90 SSII M3 -ZPP/ZTT/6MT-Found: 5/2012
Turner Testpipes/Stage 2 - Corsa Exhaust - Bilstein B16 - BBS LM - BBK - AutoSolutions SSK
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 02:57 PM   #30
1WickedE90
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by krapnoj View Post
wow.. vanished!
Doubtful. Probably lurking and thinking up more ways to insult people he doesn't even know. Amazing how brave one can be behind a computer screen
      04-08-2008, 03:39 PM   #31
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ZPP ZSP TiAg MT

Looks like his posts have been removed and his account deleted. I guess I'll delete my prior posts since they don't make much sense now.

<added> Done. </added>
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 04:53 PM   #32
ScheerSpeed
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 Estoril M-Sport 335i

forum drama

Hop on the Drama Lama!
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 05:12 PM   #33
billspreston
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87

That guy just couldn't give it a rest - talk about misdirected hostility.
Appreciate 0