E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > how long does switching map on JB3 take to fully adjust?

10-08-2009, 09:40 PM   #23
badass1g
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon335iFL View Post
sounds smart putting leaded gas in your car and all.......get back to us and tell us how that works out

hahahh whooops, i posted that in the wrong thread lol. i will definatly not run any lead in my gas until those cats are long gone.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 11:47 PM   #24
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep
Drives: '08 335i cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by badass1g View Post
hahahh whooops, i posted that in the wrong thread lol. i will definatly not run any lead in my gas until those cats are long gone.
besides the cats - the leaded gas will KILL your 02 sensors.... stay away from leaded gas !
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 11:57 PM   #25
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep
Drives: '08 335i cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by badass1g View Post
i think i have the very latest version (its still getting shipped to me) from brad@psimotors. so looks like i better get that thing in asap when it gets here to give my car a day or two to adapt. i think im just gonna do map 5 while i only have 91 octane, and then put in the 100 octane gas in before the 2 hour drive to the track, and do about 5 or 10 pulls on the way to get it all settled.

i wish you could just adjust it and go run, sucks that you have to have everything adapt. i wish i could just start on map w1, then run map 3, and go up from there just to see the difference in times/power.
your ideas seem sound.
you MAY need at least a few days for the (only) the latest JB3 version... again this was reported so not sure.... this is especially true if you are starting from scratch (stock).

if you only have a day or two after JB install.... you better drive your car alot and do MANY WOT pulls.

assuming your car is JB3 adapted FULLY:
racing gas adaptation should only take 3 or 4 pulls or so.
5 good, long pulls should be plenty... 10 pulls and you are asking for trouble (cops).
donīt go totally crazy on the drive to the track.

have fun

btw, after your car is JB adapted:
map adaptation always takes a few good pulls - but it is not the tune that is adapting - it is your ECU.
.....not the tuneīs fault at all.
Appreciate 0