E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Help ASAP BOV install question

10-09-2009, 05:11 PM   #23
XplicitBoyM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Barbera Red 09' 335i Coupe

blowoff? nah id keep it on when I go lol.. if I get the clamps, should I be good? badass I dont understand about the whole blocking the stock location.. What do I get
      10-09-2009, 05:16 PM   #24
badass1g
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

check out the top pic on that link, you can see a little black cap with clamp around it to cap off where the stock bov went. i think these cars have 2 stock bov's so you would need 2 caps and small clamps to cover the stock bov locations. http://www.ultimate-racing.com/xcart...7&bestseller=Y
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 05:18 PM   #25
XplicitBoyM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by badass1g View Post
check out the top pic on that link, you can see a little black cap with clamp around it to cap off where the stock bov went. i think these cars have 2 stock bov's so you would need 2 caps and small clamps to cover the stock bov locations. http://www.ultimate-racing.com/xcart...7&bestseller=Y
I have no clue where im gonna get those from
      10-09-2009, 05:22 PM   #26
badass1g
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

your gonna have to thing of something. sorry bud, shouldnt be to hard though. on our talons and eclipse's we used to use a cap from some type of product in the garage like a brake fluid or maybe a 2 liter cap could work and make damn sure you have a clamp on it. i know its a rig but it could work until you find something correct. gotta get creative sometimes. or just wait til you can order the correct parts.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 05:24 PM   #27
XplicitBoyM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

or just say fuck it to the guy who sold me this saying it was complete
      10-09-2009, 05:34 PM   #28
XplicitBoyM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Would I need to get these caps specifically from HKS or could I probably get the parts from JBSPEED cause I know he sells a BOV
      10-09-2009, 05:42 PM   #29
XPO186
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplicitBoyM View Post
well I need to get something because I dont want to drive an hour and then once hes installing he comes to me n says things r missing.. the clamps im going to get tonight, what else do i get
You don't *need* to bug the vendor about the plugs/caps/covers/whatever. You should be able to find what you need at a hardware store. A good kit should have included them though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badass1g View Post
you should put these on yourself. it will not be hard. safe yourself a long drive as well as some money, you will feel pride in yourself for doing/learning how to do this. plus when you go to the dealer you will want to take it off.
+1

This is not really a difficult install...
      10-09-2009, 09:37 PM   #30
XplicitBoyM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

well i talked to someone and he said theres a turbo shop down here that has the tbolt clamps and then also they might have the caps i need to block off the stock bov.. im crossing my fingers.. goin there tomorrow