E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Shout out to Joe@TopGearSolutions for coding!

02-01-2018, 06:30 PM   #23
damonp335i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i 6MT

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Highly Reccomended!

Just wanted to share - I first got in touch with Joe about 2 years ago when I bought my first e92. He coded my car and a few friends cars remotely and it went seamlessly - he kept his commitment with time and got the coding done in a timely fashion. Since then I've referred him to numerous people on various different BMW forums for coding, and everyone has seemed to be extremely happy with their experience.

I recently grabbed another BMW. Still an e92 (and unfortunately the same color as my other e92, but it was too good of a deal to pass up) This time N55, X-Drive, Auto - cool daily. Anyway, reached out to Joe to get the usual necessities coded and everything went great, but apparently my car was coded for a backup camera prior to Joe touching it. Long story short, I didn't know that and of course he had know way of knowing, so when altering the Nav screen the backup camera stopped working. I was nervous, but Joe wasn't. He worked through the problem and after some short troubleshooting was able to get it back working perfectly.

Anyway, always a pleasure doing business. Keep up the good work!!
2008 335i Coupe / Alpine White / 6MT / Fully Built Motiv Closed-Deck Motor / Motiv ST Kit / XR 105/69S / Motiv Twin Disc / VRSF 7.5 FMIC / ActiveAutowerke Exhaust / EOS Intake Manifold w/ 1050cc injectors / TiaL BOV / External VTA PCV / Quaife LSD / DSS Axles / KW V3Coilovers
Appreciate 1
      02-02-2018, 07:33 AM   #24
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac0908 View Post
I need your help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by damonp335i View Post
Just wanted to share - I first got in touch with Joe about 2 years ago when I bought my first e92. He coded my car and a few friends cars remotely and it went seamlessly - he kept his commitment with time and got the coding done in a timely fashion. Since then I've referred him to numerous people on various different BMW forums for coding, and everyone has seemed to be extremely happy with their experience.

I recently grabbed another BMW. Still an e92 (and unfortunately the same color as my other e92, but it was too good of a deal to pass up) This time N55, X-Drive, Auto - cool daily. Anyway, reached out to Joe to get the usual necessities coded and everything went great, but apparently my car was coded for a backup camera prior to Joe touching it. Long story short, I didn't know that and of course he had know way of knowing, so when altering the Nav screen the backup camera stopped working. I was nervous, but Joe wasn't. He worked through the problem and after some short troubleshooting was able to get it back working perfectly.

Anyway, always a pleasure doing business. Keep up the good work!!
Thanks guys!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2018, 07:28 PM   #25
FRNTHVY
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M/M3

Hello All,

I just worked with Joe for the first time to have come coding done on my E92 M3. I installed a new FRM3 module that needed to be coded and I wanted to eliminate the TPMS warning and then sprinkle in some nice to have features.

Joe was great to deal with. We started with the FRM3 module and once that was done we went into the rest. He was very helpful and even walked me through where to find the RDC module so I could get it disconnected before our session.

Once everything was done we tested all the features and it all worked perfectly! The entire process was easy even for someone not familiar with coding or coding software. I will be having Joe code my other cars and would highly recommend him to anyone else.

Thanks for the great work, your patience and professionalism!

Sam
      02-02-2018, 09:22 PM   #26
Blackjacks
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

I wonder if it's possible when you turn on your headlights if you can program the foglights to go on at the same time?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2018, 09:29 PM   #27
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjacks View Post
I wonder if it's possible when you turn on your headlights if you can program the foglights to go on at the same time?
What year/model is your car? I can have fogs turn on as soon as you start the car.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2018, 10:15 PM   #28
Blackjacks
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@TopGearSolutions View Post
What year/model is your car? I can have fogs turn on as soon as you start the car.
I have an N55 2011 335i. Forgive me, so it would only be when the car turns on v.s when I turn the headlights? Well I keep it in auto, so they would not go on when the car turns on the headlights, just when the car starts they would go on automatically?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 05:22 AM   #29
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjacks View Post
Quote:
I have an N55 2011 335i. Forgive me, so it would only be when the car turns on v.s when I turn the headlights? Well I keep it in auto, so they would not go on when the car turns on the headlights, just when the car starts they would go on automatically?
Pm sent.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2018, 03:22 PM   #30
Jdb209
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i convertible

Thanks for the help!
Appreciate 1
      02-04-2018, 03:53 PM   #31
Thate90doe
Rep
Drives: 09 335i sport

Thanks to TopGearSolutions, I Had to replace all 6 injectors in my 09 335i but could not figure out how to code the new injectors to the DME. I contacted them to schedule a time where they can remotely code them for me. They contacted me right on the scheduled time and process only took like 30minutes. After I started the vehicle and was still misfiring so they checked and i still had #4 misfiring, luckily I had spare coil I quickly installed it and they logged back in and cleared the code. Car is running like new again definitely recommend and will use again for any coding needs.
Appreciate 1
      02-05-2018, 08:17 AM   #32
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdb209 View Post
Thanks for the help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thate90doe View Post
Thanks to TopGearSolutions, I Had to replace all 6 injectors in my 09 335i but could not figure out how to code the new injectors to the DME. I contacted them to schedule a time where they can remotely code them for me. They contacted me right on the scheduled time and process only took like 30minutes. After I started the vehicle and was still misfiring so they checked and i still had #4 misfiring, luckily I had spare coil I quickly installed it and they logged back in and cleared the code. Car is running like new again definitely recommend and will use again for any coding needs.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2018, 09:21 PM   #33
Blackjacks
Private
Rep

Quote:
Pm sent.
Thank you so much, I sent you one in return as well.
Appreciate 1
      02-06-2018, 10:13 PM   #34
135 TING
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine White E82 N55

Garage List
2012 135i  [0.00]
Finally have time to write a little something. For the past few weeks joe has been extremely helpful, not only did he save me money on a warranty bmw job but he took time out of his day (after hours) to re flash my ppk on my n55. it's rare when you meet people like Joe, i appreciate all the help he gave me and i will continue to go back when i need more coding done.
      02-07-2018, 01:32 PM   #35
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135 TING View Post
Finally have time to write a little something. For the past few weeks joe has been extremely helpful, not only did he save me money on a warranty bmw job but he took time out of his day (after hours) to re flash my ppk on my n55. it's rare when you meet people like Joe, i appreciate all the help he gave me and i will continue to go back when i need more coding done.
Can't beat a free FRM!... Glad you're all sorted out now.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2018, 12:43 PM   #36
135 TING
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine White E82 N55

Garage List
2012 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Can't beat a free FRM!... Glad you're all sorted out now.
Exactly couldn’t have said it better myself. But i’d Like to thank you for your honesty, because you were in a position where you could’ve withheld that valuable information just to make some profit. Extremely thankful.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2018, 08:52 PM   #37
scienceguy
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i xDrive

I will echo what others have said. Joe is a class act. He was extremely helpful, very prompt in his replies, and clearly is very knowledgeable about BMW coding. He did the PPK upgrade for me, and even registered my new battery. And when I had a service engine soon light the next day, he logged in again with me to check it out to make sure nothing went wrong with the coding. Turns out I may have a hardware issue, but even then he gave me some pointers on things to check and test out.

I will definitely go back to Joe for any future programming/coding needs I have for my 335i. And I would certainly recommend him to others looking to code their Bimmers as well.
Appreciate 1
      02-16-2018, 04:48 PM   #38
JRocker3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

I just had Joe remote code the Alpina trans flash on my N55 335... it was seamless and easy... he was a breeze to work with! Thank you!!
      03-22-2018, 12:26 PM   #39
lajolla1963
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 M3

Joe at TOP SPEED - Excellent Service, Fast and Helpful

I have a 2009 E93 M3 and added LED lights from Top Speed and when it came time to adding Angel Eyes, Rear Camera and other customization Top Speed was a great resource.
I went the route of using iCarly for some of my coding as I am definitely challenged in that area. It was great for some of the things I needed but when I had my BAVSOUND speakers installed my footwell lights and under door lights trip the Short Circuit something or other.
Joe not only took care of that but figured out how to change my ring tone from Amber Alert to one of the three "less horrible" offerings from BMW in 2009.

Great Customer Service, Friendly and if I had to do over again, I would have saved the $200 I paid for the iCarly and just had him take care of.

Thanks JOE
Appreciate 1
      10-01-2018, 07:01 PM   #40
ronjonsoflo
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 328i

Brake Light LED troubles and solution

So I have a 2009 328i and converted pretty much all of the incandescent/halogens bulbs to LED, except for the fogs and low/high beams due to the housing for them not being sufficient/proper for LED lights. When I swapped out the brake lights from incandescent/halogens to LED my rear turn signals did not work. I was getting the bulb icon warning light on my gauge cluster and my front turn signals were blinking rapidly. I contacted Top Gear for a coding session and I was reached by Joseph Jones. He asked me some basic questions through email and we scheduled a remote session for Thursday.

On Thursday morning we went into a remote coding session and during we found out that my BimmerGeeks cable was no good, (I've contacted BimmerGeeks about this and they still haven't reached back to me for almost 5 days now...). So Joseph recommended I use a loner cable from himself and so I did. I ordered it Thursday and received it Monday, today. We went into another coding session, no extra charge because no coding was accomplished on Thursday, and Joseph quickly navigated through the coding software with a now working cable and got everything in order, no more bulb warning lights on the gauge cluster! And no more rapid blinking turn signals! I had to also fix the orientation of the bulbs and everything was back to normal. Joseph also went in and activated my LED angel eyes to run as DRL's instead of my halogens during this session. I was super relieved to have this all done in the matter of days.

Huge thanks to Joseph and Top Gear Solutions for the brake LED's and coding service!

Last edited by ronjonsoflo; 10-01-2018 at 07:07 PM..
Appreciate 1
      10-10-2018, 12:50 PM   #41
jasonrp15
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3

GREAT Service!

Contacted Joe @ Top Gear Solutions and inquired about replacing my blown Taillight bulbs. I opted to upgrade all of my rear bulbs to LEDs. I was of course getting fast blinkers, and errors. Joe was able to remote and code my vehicle. He did an amazing job!! He's the best! and wanted to take some time out to let everyone know that this is the place to go for LED upgrades!
      06-21-2020, 12:41 PM   #42
2009E90
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi

Honors to Joe@TopGearSolutions

What else can be said, I agree with all the posts for Joe@TopGearSolutions! Joe remotely coded a new fuel pump EKPS control unit for me in a 2009 328xi on June 5th. This man KNOWS what he is doing. The service was top notch and the car runs great. Thanks again Joe!!!
Appreciate 1
      07-04-2020, 07:58 PM   #43
BoogieB
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Major thank you to Joe@TopGearSolutions for solving two issues of mine! My BMW 330i had the Adaptive Headlight Error (CC ID 295) and SOS Error (CC ID 299) alerts. I purchased the KDCAN cable and necessary software from the website. He set an appointment and was able to code out both alerts wirelessly. Total process took less than 30 minutes. I could not be more appreciative!!! I highly recommend.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 06:58 PM   #44
jimmyliupa
Rep
Drives: 328i

Absolutely great guy to deal with. Had trouble with my FRM on my 2011 BMW 328i. Asked Joe for help and he responded right away. He tried over an hour to fix my FRM. Unfortunately he wasn't able to and refunded most of the fees. Very honest and honorable. Will glad to do business again.
Appreciate 1