E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Replacement Radiator Recommendations

05-23-2019, 11:32 AM   #1
OliSharp
Private
Rep
Drives: E93 330i Highline MSport

Replacement Radiator Recommendations

Recommendations please for replacement radiators (mine's leaking from the side).

I've looked at GSF and ECP who have no stock for my car (330i auto)

I've done some searching online and Nissens have popped up a few times in old threads from a few years ago - what are people's thoughts on them?

FYI I've had a good look around the water pump area and it's bone dry, and the radiator is covered in sticky blue/green residue from where the coolant's been leaking so pretty sure that's the culprit.

Any suggestions / recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2019, 09:14 AM   #2
Styvy
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 330D LCI

Hi Mate,
Just in my opinion...
To be honest I do not see much of difference in oem vs non oem radiators.
As a side job I bough a number of crashed cars mostly 3 series. With most cars 80% are head collision so rack will need replacement. 2nd hand oem or Nissen/Valeo/Denso/Hella etc...
Sometimes fitment is slightly different but over wise I haven't encountered any issues.
If you have extra cash oem is the best but price may force you to try non-oem. Any of the reputable brands should be good but even cheaper ones are not problematic so I would not worry too much.

Regards,
Styvy
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 12:41 PM   #3
OliSharp
Private
Rep
Drives: E93 330i Highline MSport

I went for a Behr Hella in the end, super easy to fit, all the mounting tabs and holes lined up perfectly. The drain plug is slightly different to the OEM one it replaced, but I can't see that causing headaches later on.

It was 25 c today and my engine oil temp was a steady 100c sat in traffic with the a/c on, so seems to be working well too.

For anyone reading this who needs a new radiator, I bought mine from C3 BMW who were a pleasure to deal with on the phone (much better than ECP!).
Appreciate 0