E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > How to ensure clutch slave piston meets up with throw out bearing?

06-10-2019, 12:05 PM   #1
oilcrankinject
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: nothing

How to ensure clutch slave piston meets up with throw out bearing?

I swapped my motor and I flushed my brake fluid but ever since that, my clutch pedal has not worked.

I blew 3 slave clutches before I took the tranny off. To me, the throw out bearing works as intended so I decided to put a slave clutch in the tranny to see if it meets with the throw out bearing.

When I looked through the bell housing, I saw that the piston did not meet with the throw out bearing. I pushed the piston onto the bearing and tested the clutch slave. The clutch slave worked as intended.

So, how can I insure that the slave clutch is lined up correctly (piston is lined up with throw out bearing) when replacing it?

Last edited by oilcrankinject; 06-10-2019 at 02:09 PM..
Appreciate 0