E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > single turbo

01-31-2024, 02:43 PM   #1
tman21
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 335i coupe

single turbo

what size single turbo would be ideal for making 550+ hp and what kits are ideal for being on a budget ive basically done all the preventative maintenance you could do for the n54 now im ready to go single turbo. let me know yalls opinions
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2024, 03:05 PM   #2
oVeRdOsE.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F25 E91 Audi Avnt E90 Cayenne

550 bhp ? or wheel?

Daily ? you have a 2nd car?

- Budget kit is ON3, but plan a couple of hundred to complete the kit and/or fitment issues.

- best option for reliability VS price, is speedtech.

- well known option, one of best sound, reliable : doc race.

- JMC seems to be a expensive, but nice option however I never saw a single review.

- Motiv seemed a solid option, but seems discontinued.

There's few other option, some complete, some custom, that I didn't consider since either it's super expensive, or too sketchy.

Dont rely on turbo sheet for power, this is too general, not adapted to the n54 setup, bhp and on e85. In example, if the turbo is rated for 900hp, expect around +/-600bhp on pump gas and on a n54.

a 6062 or 6262 is around your target at the crank on pump gas. Or smaller if you plan to use meth or EXX.

also , all the kits are not 100% complete. Need few bits here and there and a tune. dont plan the installation in a weekend if you never did that, youll gonna wait for some parts.
Appreciate 1