E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Wheels and Tires Items > Style 189 Winter Wheelset 18'

06-04-2019, 12:00 AM   #1
joeltropictee
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 335i space gray

Style 189 Winter Wheelset 18'

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Here are my winter wheels and tires for sale. I no longer need a pair of winter tires for my car.

The wheels came with the sport package on a BMW e92 3-series.
The tires on the front are Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 ($230/tire) and on the rear, the newer Nokian Hakkapeliitta 9 ($279/tire). The wheels are BMW style 189s and about ($220/wheel).
These are the tires that the fastest speed record on ice was made possible with. My car is RWD and I've driven through over a foot of snow on forest roads and up to Mt Hood multiple times. Never had any problems with feeling out of control. People are always surprised when I tell them my car is RWD and that with good tires, all wheel drive isn't needed.

The tires are 245/40/18 square setup. They clear both the front & back without any rubbing issues.
The front tires have about 80% life left in them and the rears have about 70% left.

As they are a winter wheelset, the wheels have some small dings from the sand that snow plows put down, but overall they look great! I still get compliments on them all the time.

This set up will run you around $1900 new with current prices. You can have yourself a beautiful winter set up for $700.

Haven't used this forum much so not sure how to add images.
Adding a link to my craigslist posting seems easiest.

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/...904206315.html

Appreciate 0