E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Misc. Car Items > WTB: trunk licence plate mount

03-20-2014, 08:28 AM   #1
330xtrai
Do you even post BRO?
Palestine
Rep
Drives: 330xi

Garage List
2006 BMW 330xi  [0.00]
WTB: trunk licence plate mount

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Like title says looking for a rear licence plate mount my screw holes I are messed up only 2 barely work can get them off without breaking it lol. If your in new Jersey new York area I can possibly pick it up. Lmk thanks

E90|330xi|SGM|Terra Cotta interior|Forged1 Wheels(one side red the other city lights)|M3 Rep Front Bumper|Msport Rear Bumper|KW V1 Coilovers|K&N Air Filter|OEM Black Grille|Red Cyba Air scoops|DIY Gloss Black Side Splitters|Tee rear splitters|Monkey Air Freshener|
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 12:21 PM   #2
pj.rodriguez
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 128i Cabrio

Garage List
Dealer should have them. I don't know of anyone with extra license plate brackets. I had mine replaced also.
2008 128i E88 / Alpine White / Boston Leather Sport / 6AT / M3 Paddle Shifters / Bilstein B8 / H&R Springs / Dinan Fixed Camber Plates / BMW 335i Front Brakes / PIAA Xtreme White 4150K Angel Eyes / Rear Fogs Enabled / Cyba Air Scoops / Euro Airbox / BMW Performance Exhaust / Stubby BMW Antenna
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 06:42 PM   #3
330xtrai
Do you even post BRO?
Palestine
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pj.rodriguez
Dealer should have them. I don't know of anyone with extra license plate brackets. I had mine replaced also.
Yeah I'll probably end up doing it if I remember and have the will power Lmao. Thanks
E90|330xi|SGM|Terra Cotta interior|Forged1 Wheels(one side red the other city lights)|M3 Rep Front Bumper|Msport Rear Bumper|KW V1 Coilovers|K&N Air Filter|OEM Black Grille|Red Cyba Air scoops|DIY Gloss Black Side Splitters|Tee rear splitters|Monkey Air Freshener|
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2014, 10:20 PM   #4
ATRannals
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is - 6MT

Looking for the same thing! Bought mine used and the dealer just put on the plates with 2 large screws. :-(

Bought a nice smoked cover and when I went to replace with black bolts, all the threads are screwed up. Looks like I'll be making a trip to the dealer as well.
      03-23-2014, 06:50 PM   #5
330xtrai
Do you even post BRO?
Palestine
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRannals
Looking for the same thing! Bought mine used and the dealer just put on the plates with 2 large screws. :-(

Bought a nice smoked cover and when I went to replace with black bolts, all the threads are screwed up. Looks like I'll be making a trip to the dealer as well.
Yeah same thing here. It about 30 bucks I think on getbmwparts.com it's about 25 bucks. I'll probably get it from a dealer since I can get a discount
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 02:04 AM   #6
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Replaced mine also - it never ceases to amaze me the 'quality' of German engineering

I've been driving for 37 yrs now, owned more cars that I can remember, each one had a simple design of plastic inserts that plate screws into - never a problem. And even if one did strip out - it's like $1 to get new ones...

But no, BMW has a 'better' idea - lets make an additional bracket, that needs to be screwed to car, then the plate screws to that, with metric fine threaded bolts that can only be a certain length.

Then comes the first winter you own the car, in Spring the bolts are rusted into the bracket so you can't even get the friggen plate off, & of course you can't get the bracket off either because those screws are behind the plate...

Maybe they should go back to simpler/cheaper ways of doing things like they have been done successfully for 100 yrs to save $$, instead of deleting oil dipsticks, spare tires & such.

Make sure once you get the new bracket - lightly coat the plate screws with anti-seize before installing - you'll thank yourself next time you need to remove the plate
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 07:37 AM   #7
330xtrai
Do you even post BRO?
Palestine
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6
Replaced mine also - it never ceases to amaze me the 'quality' of German engineering

I've been driving for 37 yrs now, owned more cars that I can remember, each one had a simple design of plastic inserts that plate screws into - never a problem. And even if one did strip out - it's like $1 to get new ones...

But no, BMW has a 'better' idea - lets make an additional bracket, that needs to be screwed to car, then the plate screws to that, with metric fine threaded bolts that can only be a certain length.

Then comes the first winter you own the car, in Spring the bolts are rusted into the bracket so you can't even get the friggen plate off, & of course you can't get the bracket off either because those screws are behind the plate...

Maybe they should go back to simpler/cheaper ways of doing things like they have been done successfully for 100 yrs to save $$, instead of deleting oil dipsticks, spare tires & such.

Make sure once you get the new bracket - lightly coat the plate screws with anti-seize before installing - you'll thank yourself next time you need to remove the plate
Lol I know I x can't even take my plate off I'll probably have to rip it out of the frame. Also when you try to take it out it just scraps the paint under lol. It's the small things that count
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 02:48 PM   #8
chitownkev
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Hey, I have a bracket that I just took off my 335i last week. One of the holes is completely shot, but the other 3 are fine and it should be fine for holding on your plate. I'd sell cheap, just enough to make it worth my time and shipping, PM me if interested.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 06:23 PM   #9
330xtrai
Do you even post BRO?
Palestine
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownkev View Post
Hey, I have a bracket that I just took off my 335i last week. One of the holes is completely shot, but the other 3 are fine and it should be fine for holding on your plate. I'd sell cheap, just enough to make it worth my time and shipping, PM me if interested.
thanks for the offer but I think ill just buy a new one when i get a chance.
Thanks anyway
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2014, 06:39 PM   #10
Kangarooski
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

When I bought my car it did not have the bracket either. Went to Napa Auto and bought some plastic threads to toss in the holes and a generic plate mount all for around 10 bux. worked perfect and there is really no way to tell the difference.
Appreciate 0