E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Suspension Refresh Questions

11-02-2015, 02:00 PM   #1
robabruton
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 335i, '10 E92 335i

Garage List
Suspension Refresh Questions

First off I realize there are a lot of topics covering all sorts of questions regarding changing/updating the suspension on these cars (talking about the E92 335i, specifically). I've read through quite a number of them but still have questions...

I'm currently at around 91,000 miles on my car and am looking to do a thorough refresh of the suspension. So far I've purchased the M3 front control arms and am pretty decided on the Bilstein B12 prokit for struts/springs (still open to opinions or critiques on anything I'm saying - I'm fairly new, but a long-time lurker. I'd like to upgrade my bushings as there's a good bit of play in them now but haven't decided on what bushings to use. The car will be a DD so I don't want a ton of noise/vibration, however a little is ok if the improvement outweighs this downside. I don't have a LSD and have no plans to get on in the near future (hopefully one day) so the rear anti-roll bar is a no-go but I'm looking to upgrade the front bar to a stiffer one (haven't decided which one yet). From what I've read this puts more stress on the end links, with the fix being to replace them with adjustable end links. I have no clue how to determine what size/length to use with my setup though. Can anybody leave some tips or suggestions?

This post is probably a little bit hard to read, I'm pretty tired ATM and aren't focusing as well as I should. TL;DR below...

TL/DR: E92 335i @ 91,000 miles. Upgrading stock suspension to Bilstein B12 prokit. Upgrading to M3 control arms. Upgrading front anti-sway to M3 probably. Upgrading bushings, still undecided ATM (open for ideas/opinions - yes, I've read tons already). Do I need to replace end links for sway bar? If so, what length should I use?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2015, 08:07 PM   #2
banshee28
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i 6MT ZSP

Well, I was in a very similar position recently. I had 90k on my stock Sport Suspension and wanted something a little better, not too expensive and that will last a long time! So I just had a B12 Pro kit installed this past week!! Its similar to the Sport Suspension, so definitely not a rough or bouncy ride! I have not had a chance to really test things out yet since my tires are nearly bald waiting for the replacements any day now. Height so far is also nearly the same, but should go down slightly after a while. I am happy with the setup so far.

I am also thinking about the M3 control arm upgrades and bushings at some point!
Appreciate 0