E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > E92 N55 DCT rough idle

06-01-2021, 03:56 PM   #1
joaozinho_7
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i N55 DCT

E92 N55 DCT rough idle

Hi guys,

I have been having this issue for a while now. Every time I come to a stop and rest my foot on the brake, the rpm's bounce and it seems like Im revving, when im not. It idles fine in neutral and parking. What can I do about it? Thanks for your help!

Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 05:52 PM   #2
TunafishE93
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Go back to stock and you might get lucky and it will fix your issue. Might will be the key word cause stock cars do it too.. Mods just amplify the issue.

There have been few reported fixes, one take off BMS intake and go back to stock (this was the most common fix). The other is a software update, which i have no information about but read that it fixed the issue for people. And last someone said chaining their hot mass air flow sensor fixed the issue.

If you was wondering, its not uncommon and most report issue started with the catless downpipes but havent heard that switching back fixed issue. Welcome to modding.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 04:41 AM   #3
joaozinho_7
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i N55 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunafishE93 View Post
Go back to stock and you might get lucky and it will fix your issue. Might will be the key word cause stock cars do it too.. Mods just amplify the issue.

There have been few reported fixes, one take off BMS intake and go back to stock (this was the most common fix). The other is a software update, which i have no information about but read that it fixed the issue for people. And last someone said chaining their hot mass air flow sensor fixed the issue.

If you was wondering, its not uncommon and most report issue started with the catless downpipes but havent heard that switching back fixed issue. Welcome to modding.
I think it's something related to the dct. But im not sure what it is
Appreciate 0