E90Post
 


European Auto Source (EAS)
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > ► ► ► Now with PHOTOS (p16) - NURBURGRING TRIP --- 14th - 17th August ◀ ◀ ◀



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-06-2009, 04:32 PM   #507
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
dxb335d's Avatar
England
655
Rep
29,328
Posts

Drives: 997.2 GT3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
what track daysa you done mikey? in the M3? M3's are prime for some track work.


FLOYDY , how was the ring, who did you go with?
__________________
997.2 GT3
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2009, 04:37 PM   #508
MIKEYBMW1
GT3
MIKEYBMW1's Avatar
England
35
Rep
1,679
Posts

Drives: PORSCHE GT3
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: LINCOLNSHIRE UK

iTrader: (1)

All Years ago now Silverstone full circuit ,Donnington ,Cadwell park amongst others all in Series 1 RS TURBO and 2wd SAPPHIRE COSWORTH those were the days great fun . Recently at Cadwell on my bike though Triumph 675 Daytona.
__________________
PORSCHE GT3
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2009, 04:51 PM   #509
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
dxb335d's Avatar
England
655
Rep
29,328
Posts

Drives: 997.2 GT3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
mate i used to Be a right ford nut. Still got a rs turBo

any pics from then? when was this Ford fair and the like? what year?
__________________
997.2 GT3
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 03:18 PM   #510
MIKEYBMW1
GT3
MIKEYBMW1's Avatar
England
35
Rep
1,679
Posts

Drives: PORSCHE GT3
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: LINCOLNSHIRE UK

iTrader: (1)

Yeh all sorts of shows .RS national Days etc ,would still love to have a mint series 1 was in loads of mags with a few of my RS Fords ,Fast Ford ,Fast Car , Performance Ford to name just a few ,about 12 of so Years ago now ,really good Days. Did a Day at Bruntingthorpe for Fast Car mag against a load of cossies in my Turbo Technics XR3I and wiped the floor with a good few of them great fun.I will try and find the mags and let you see them some time .
__________________
PORSCHE GT3
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 06:45 PM   #511
SoYank
Major General
SoYank's Avatar
United_States
476
Rep
7,516
Posts

Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Vinton, Virginia

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via Yahoo to SoYank
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVIEHOOPS View Post
Ps; how did you get on at the Ring Floyd???
I just got back about 40 minute ago (1500 miles round trip) and had a blast of a time. The weather even cooperated although it did appear it wasn't going to on Saturday. It was bucketfuls coming past Bonn. The track was closed even before it opened for the tourists but I got my free lap in on Saturday, thanks to Magic77.

Sunday was excellent weather in the morning but turned cool in the afternoon with a threat of rain that never really started; had to use the intermittent windscreen wipers on one lap. I thought I did well in remembering most of the turns but still got caught out on some. And, I passed a GT-R! OK, the lap I passed him on he didn't finish and he was on the side on my next lap. I think he blew his engine and was carted off. There was also a Sierra Cosworth with a definite blown engine spewing blue smoke all through the paddock.

Ran across a couple of Americans. One was there with his bike. I offered him a passenger lap before he took off on his maiden lap with his bike but he declined. He did take two later and said he was on the edge of his seat throughout. He also commented on how well the car stuck to the track.

While my laps weren't any threat to the track record I did enjoy the speed. I'll have to review the lap videos once I figure out how to download them. I know my top speed on one lap was at least 110mph which is good for me.

Three 'ring trips, 30 laps. I should have done more yesterday.

Carl, I went by myself. It was so boring.
__________________
2009 E90 335i Montego Blue Black Leather Burl Walnut 6MT US Spec
SatNav ZPP ZCW 6FL TPMS iDrive PDC HWS Xenons BMW Assist Power Rear Sunshade Logic 7
European Taillights Rear Foglamp OEM Alarm PicoTray DataToys XM-DVR Multi-view Processor
Quaife ATB LSD Short Shift Knob Hartge Anti-Roll Bars AP Racing Front Brakes 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2009, 12:03 PM   #512
Hoops
Brigadier General
Hoops's Avatar
United Kingdom
183
Rep
3,658
Posts

Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chigwell, Essex

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoYank View Post
And, I passed a GT-R!
Are you sure you were going the right way around the circuit Floyd!!!!???
__________________
E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport - Carbon Black - Panoramic Roof - 21" BMW Alloys - BMW Performance Gloss Black Grilles - LCi Rear Light Upgrade - BMW 4.8i Exhaust Trims
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2009, 12:11 PM   #513
Oil Burner
Captain
Oil Burner's Avatar
8
Rep
615
Posts

Drives: E93 330d SE Auto
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wilts

iTrader: (0)

Appreciate 0
      09-09-2009, 01:05 PM   #514
Mr3
Registered
United Kingdom
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NE England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoYank View Post
I just got back about 40 minute ago (1500 miles round trip) and had a blast of a time. The weather even cooperated although it did appear it wasn't going to on Saturday. It was bucketfuls coming past Bonn. The track was closed even before it opened for the tourists but I got my free lap in on Saturday, thanks to Magic77.

Sunday was excellent weather in the morning but turned cool in the afternoon with a threat of rain that never really started; had to use the intermittent windscreen wipers on one lap. I thought I did well in remembering most of the turns but still got caught out on some. And, I passed a GT-R! OK, the lap I passed him on he didn't finish and he was on the side on my next lap. I think he blew his engine and was carted off. There was also a Sierra Cosworth with a definite blown engine spewing blue smoke all through the paddock.

Ran across a couple of Americans. One was there with his bike. I offered him a passenger lap before he took off on his maiden lap with his bike but he declined. He did take two later and said he was on the edge of his seat throughout. He also commented on how well the car stuck to the track.

While my laps weren't any threat to the track record I did enjoy the speed. I'll have to review the lap videos once I figure out how to download them. I know my top speed on one lap was at least 110mph which is good for me.

Three 'ring trips, 30 laps. I should have done more yesterday.

Carl, I went by myself. It was so boring.
Coming back in one piece is always good.
Give me a shout before you go again, might be able to give you a few pointers.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2009, 02:41 PM   #515
SoYank
Major General
SoYank's Avatar
United_States
476
Rep
7,516
Posts

Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Vinton, Virginia

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via Yahoo to SoYank
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVIEHOOPS View Post
Are you sure you were going the right way around the circuit Floyd!!!!???
Yes, Steve. We were going the same way only one of us was going faster.
__________________
2009 E90 335i Montego Blue Black Leather Burl Walnut 6MT US Spec
SatNav ZPP ZCW 6FL TPMS iDrive PDC HWS Xenons BMW Assist Power Rear Sunshade Logic 7
European Taillights Rear Foglamp OEM Alarm PicoTray DataToys XM-DVR Multi-view Processor
Quaife ATB LSD Short Shift Knob Hartge Anti-Roll Bars AP Racing Front Brakes 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2009, 03:53 PM   #516
ed335d
Major General
ed335d's Avatar
United Kingdom
119
Rep
6,912
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Surrey, UK

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoYank View Post
Yes, Steve. We were going the same way only one of us was going faster.
Or one of you was going slower....
__________________
E92 M3, Jerez Black, Fox Red Novillo, 19'' M Double Spoke, folding mirrors, lumbar support, front seat heating, PDC, USB, DAB, EDC, Bluetooth, Logic 7, High Gloss Shadowline, big smile
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2009, 04:31 AM   #517
Hoops
Brigadier General
Hoops's Avatar
United Kingdom
183
Rep
3,658
Posts

Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chigwell, Essex

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoYank View Post
OK, the lap I passed him on he didn't finish and he was on the side on my next lap. I think he blew his engine and was carted off
Isn't that a bit like saying... "and i knocked Mike Tyson out in the ring! Ok, he was asleep at the time but.....!!!?"
You do make me laugh Floyd, you funny fella!!
__________________
E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport - Carbon Black - Panoramic Roof - 21" BMW Alloys - BMW Performance Gloss Black Grilles - LCi Rear Light Upgrade - BMW 4.8i Exhaust Trims
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
nurburgring

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST