E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Review of the MFactory Sport Axles

06-17-2016, 11:17 AM   #23
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFactory View Post
- The oem M3 strut bar is a 5pc design (Centre Mount, 2 x Strut bars, 2 x Mounting Rings)
- Our strut bar will follow the same M3 design, but will be a 3pc design (OEM Centre Mount, 2 x Dry Carbon Strut bars with integrated mounting ring)
So basically you will follow my design
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...11&postcount=1
You need to give my lifetime discount on all you products now or I will take you to court for design infringement
Is 3pcs alright!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2016, 12:47 PM   #24
BdSM n54iS
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: In front of flashing lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFactory View Post
For the carbon propshafts, they weight approx. 5kg, which is around 50% lighter than the oem propshaft

After some research into the strut bars, we have decided to do the following:

- The oem M3 strut bar is a 5pc design (Centre Mount, 2 x Strut bars, 2 x Mounting Rings)
- Our strut bar will follow the same M3 design, but will be a 3pc design (OEM Centre Mount, 2 x Dry Carbon Strut bars with integrated mounting ring)

Although this will be lighter, weight savings are marginal due to the relatively low amount of raw material used in the first place. Being 100% Dry Carbon (aside from the Centre Mount, which will still be OEM), it will be several times stronger than the OEM steel strut bars/mounting rings.

And for those wondering about pricing, it will be less than the price of the OEM part (which, at $500, is quite expensive to start with).

So, not only will you be getting a design based on the OEM M3 Strut Bar, it will also be lighter, stronger and lower cost.

Before we proceed with the initial design of this though, I just want to make sure that you guys will actually be interested in this once it's ready?

Thanks!
You guys can count me in!
'11 335iS MT BSM/Black | NAV | Premium | Convenience | Cold | HK | MHD | Cobb FMIC | Cobb CP | Cobb DP | aFe stage 2 SI | TurboSmart Dual Ports | BMS OCC | RB PCV Valve | Suspension Shit | Apex ARC-8 | Michelin PSS | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance CF Lip | BMW Performance Wheel | Sprint Booster | remoteKEY+
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2016, 12:18 AM   #25
BMOEW
Lieutenant Colonel
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is AW

Any for the 335is DCT? I can send you mine for a discount on some parts hahaha
2011 335IS Alpine White|Coral Red|DCT|BuraQ E60 Tune|DCI|VRSF 3" DownPipes| ER ChargePipe w/ HKS SSQV BOV|VRSF 7" FMIC|RB PCV| BMS Oil Catch Can|NGK 5992|AQUAMIST HFS-4 w/Twin Methanol Tank|Custom Exhaust| ST Coilovers| and a METAL FOOT
Appreciate 0