E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Headunit help please

12-17-2023, 04:43 AM   #1
RichRoberts44
Rep
Drives: 320D TOURING M SPORT

Headunit help please

Hello all, I've spent days reading through various posts but I still can't be confident I have the right solution.

I've got one of those android screens you cut the dashboard for. It comes with a harness that plugs directly into the car harness, then into the back of the original radio with wires running off to the screen. So everything should act as if it's a standard install.

The biggest issue I have is battery drain, from what I can tell the screen seems to fastboot and never shuts down fully. I've traced this as the source of my car not starting properly which I thought was glow plugs. My battery drains nearly 1.0v every night and struggles to start. I've traced this to the headunit.

Should I ID the power for the new android screen and wire that to a switched live? The headunit itself has no options for shutdown, fast boot etc.
Appreciate 0