E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > service engine light ????

02-26-2008, 10:53 AM   #1
kpzypher
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: 335i

service engine light ????

can service engine light come on for a second and go off again?
this happened today while cruising in gear. There was a slight jerk and light came on for a split second and then dissapeared. Anyone else notice this?

But here's a bigger problem.....
I mentioned this on couple of other threads before. I'm running V2 and at under WOT esp. in 2nd and 3rd gear @6K RPM i have this violent jerk for a split second where RPM bounces (RPM drops 5~600 and then comes back up). It almost feels as if i hit the rev limiter. Sometimes it also happens when cruising. And it's not the wiring (checked three times) Does anyone else have this problem?? I'm using 93 OCT so it's not the fuel either. This is really getting frustrating. I don't know maybe i should've waited for ATTACHE......
any suggestions???????????
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 11:38 AM   #2
kpzypher
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Uh~ anyone ??
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 12:09 PM   #3
badass335
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzypher View Post
this happened today while cruising in gear. There was a slight jerk and light came on for a split second and then dissapeared. Anyone else notice this?

I mentioned this on couple of other threads before. I'm running V2 and at under WOT esp. in 2nd and 3rd gear @6K RPM i have this violent jerk for a split second where RPM bounces (RPM drops 5~600 and then comes back up). It almost feels as if i hit the rev limiter. Sometimes it also happens when cruising. And it's not the wiring (checked three times) Does anyone else have this problem?? I'm using 93 OCT so it's not the fuel either. This is really getting frustrating. I don't know maybe i should've waited for ATTACHE......
I had this issue once and it was a connection issue on the harness. What i would do is on the male connectors, bend the pins very slightly to get a better connection. It seems you may have a bad connection causing this. First thing i would check as after double checking, my issues went away.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 12:13 PM   #4
Mr. 5
Modder Raider
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [8.00]
I have a couple questions for you for my insterest. Please answer them honestly.

What serial number is your procede?
Did you buy your procede used?

Quote:

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 01:55 PM   #5
kpzypher
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 5 View Post
I have a couple questions for you for my insterest. Please answer them honestly.

What serial number is your procede?
Did you buy your procede used?
Honestly??? why wouldn't I
I bought the precede brand new... i would say about 3~4 weeks ago.
where is the SN located? do i have to open it back up?
i will certainly do that if your interested i was going to recheck the wiring for the fourth time. lol (really tired of doing this)
but may i ask you why?
thnx
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 03:50 PM   #6
Mr. 5
Modder Raider
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Honestly??? why wouldn't I
I bought the precede brand new... i would say about 3~4 weeks ago.
where is the SN located? do i have to open it back up?
i will certainly do that if your interested i was going to recheck the wiring for the fourth time. lol (really tired of doing this)
but may i ask you why?
thnx
I had a very old procede. Actually it was one of the first.
I needed to get a new procede to solve my problem, but in your case, I bet it has something to do with the power or ground connection.
Double check.

BTW, You can get the serial number through the procede software.

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2008, 01:14 AM   #7
kpzypher
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

yeah ~ i'm also getting SES light .arrrgggg ~~ it comes on for few second and then goes back off. But yeah i will recheck power and ground connection. If it doesn't work this time i'm just gonna take it off and go w/ something else i guess.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 05:11 PM   #8
Jimboneze
Rep
Drives: 08 328i sedan

I had this problem today on my 2008 328i sedan. I turned on my engine and put it on D and it jurked and I noticed the engine service light on. I panic'ed for a second and turned the engine off and back on. Nothing happened since then.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 12:16 PM   #9
g9sBMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i

Garage List
2007 328i Sedan  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimboneze View Post
I had this problem today on my 2008 328i sedan. I turned on my engine and put it on D and it jurked and I noticed the engine service light on. I panic'ed for a second and turned the engine off and back on. Nothing happened since then.
I took my 2007 328i car in for its first service at 13,500 miles for oil change.

The Service Engine Soon light turned on Friday morning at 14,800 miles for two days.

The BMW SA said its probably related to some emissions problem/sensor etc.

Sunday I swapped out my K&N air filter for the OEM one so BMW doesn't blame the air filter mod.

A couple of hours later the Service Engine light has now turned off.

I am supposed to bring in my car for service today to check it out.
[2007 328i|Black Sapphire|Terra Leather|6 MT|Xenon headlights|BMW Alarm|Clear Bra|Stainless Steel Pedal Pads|Black Line Tails|MTEC V3.0 Angel Eyes|HUPER OPTIK 30 Ceramic TINT|GPThunder Fogs|LED License Plate mod|Sport Shocks/Springs upgrade|ZHP Shift Knob|//M Dead Pedal|Matte Black Grill|Aluminum Strut Bar|Cyba Air Scoops|Rear Fog Switch|Perforated Mtech Wheel|Miro 935s|Hankook v12 evo Tires|BMW SSK]| BMW PE
Appreciate 0