E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Official Minnesota Chat Thread

Closed Thread

02-19-2010, 02:29 PM   #155
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 | E30 | E28 | E24

I saw an M6 in the parking lot of the EP Center last night with summer tires fitted. Kinda risky with that beast! Man did it look good in white though. I never used to care for white, but it's really grown on me, almost to the point that I would consider it for my next car (an E92 M3 of course )
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 04:23 PM   #156
ajvee
Major
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick.CBR View Post
I have my days with white but for the most part I don't think I could do white. There is a sweet AW on black M3 coupe at Minnetonka though

Nick

So you really don't think they would let us take one for a spin unless we were 100% serious about buying it?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 04:27 PM   #157
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajvee View Post
So you really don't think they would let us take one for a spin unless we were 100% serious about buying it?
I wouldn't trust you guys
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 05:28 PM   #158
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I know... It's the sad truth - money doesn't have a particular look like it did back in the day. You never know who's got the big cash when they walk through the door these days. They see something in me though cuz I'm lucky to get a hello at the door! lol - I guess my car is only a lease...

Nick
I hear ya man. You know, you might have a better chance at getting to drive that 911 turbo! I've been in to Carousel Porsche numerous times to pick up parts for my Dad, and I have to say I've found the sales and service staff very approachable and friendly.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 08:35 PM   #159
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I just hate the fact that at any of these dealerships I don't feel welcome to come in and look. Even if I drive my car there, it seems like that's still not enough to warrent even a little respect... I do have to give the Porsche dealer credit though - I was just driving through on the night (honestly I just wanted to see an S5 at Audi) they were having a special "invite only" event for the Panamera and there was a guy directing traffic and he stopped me and said - "hey you should go in there and check out the car - if anyone give you a hard time just tell them "Mike" told ya you could be there." lol - I mean it wasn't much but I thought that was pretty cool of the guy. I did end up going in there and although I felt out of place, it was neat to go in and see the car. I'd never once stepped foot in there before as if it was some off limits place... It seemed pretty stuffy but whatever, I guess maybe someday I'll get to enjoy Porsche ownership and hobnob with all the old farts

Nick
I could see the Panamera launch partay being a little stuffy alright! I remember one time I was in there and a guy came in to pick up a Carrera GT from service dressed in a baseball hat, shorts and tennis shoes. Like you said before, you can't tell what people have anymore by the way they dress, it's just a pity more dealers wouldn't realize this!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 08:59 PM   #160
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I will own a Porsche 911 someday... If there is one thing that Porsche does better than any other car mfg., its a using a marketing team that knows EXACTLY how to keep the dream alive for the "someday" crowd (me).

Nick
I'm in the same boat, though I'll be keeping it old school with an aircooled 993. Best looking 911 ever imo I wanted to have one before I turned 30, so I need to get on that
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 09:02 PM   #161
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So I was approved over at mnbmw.com and it's like dead over there?

And to whomever just did an ice burnout in my apartment parking lot, you're a looser.

Nick
Yeah, we all need to get over there to get it up and running.

Ice burnouts are cool man, don't you know this?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 09:32 PM   #162
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Excuse me?! lol j/k.

All 911 turbo's are cool in my book; I think I'd prefer a water cooled one though I would love to have a silver X50 996 turbo s. Man those cars are something else. I wish the interiors wern't so sucky though...

I had a lot of when I turn 30 plans but then the economy went south, lol! I'll be 30 this August. Yikes.

Nick
I dare say you could twist my arm and get me into a watercooled 911! A 993 Turbo or Turbo S will always be my favorite though.

I'm not far behind you when it comes to turning 30... fun.

Do you use Netflix? I'm pissed at them tonight, can't watch any of the discs I just received cos they are all cracked. Since I switched over to bluray last month, about half the discs have been cracked
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 09:34 PM   #163
MN BMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 Montego 328

While I think it would be cool to own a Porsche, I can't due to a joke I heard a few years ago...

What is the difference between a Porsche and a cactus?
With the Porsche, the prick is on the inside!

No offense to any Porsche owners! I'd love to own one, but its currently not in the cards for me
      02-19-2010, 09:41 PM   #164
MN BMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Well my car has an appointment at IMOLA for some tint next week! I'm pretty stoked!
      02-19-2010, 09:43 PM   #165
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN BMW View Post
While I think it would be cool to own a Porsche, I can't due to a joke I heard a few years ago...

What is the difference between a Porsche and a cactus?
With the Porsche, the prick is on the inside!

No offense to any Porsche owners! I'd love to own one, but its currently not in the cards for me
a guy at work came over and told me that joke when he saw me parking my car one day last summer. (sub BMW for Porsche obviously).
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 09:44 PM   #166
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well my car has an appointment at IMOLA for some tint next week! I'm pretty stoked!
Cool, what % are you going with?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 10:02 PM   #167
MN BMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRL-MN View Post
Cool, what % are you going with?
Well, I've been busted for 30% before...So I think I'm gunna go as close to stock as I can maybe 40-50%. Its mainly for the comfort of our new little guy vs. cosmetics.
      02-19-2010, 10:12 PM   #168
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah man, I don't think there is a question about owing a water cooled one; you'd be down

I used to use Netflix but after going through 3 DVD's a week I ran out of stuff to watch? I was horrible about trying out random movies so I gave up and stopped my subscription. The BRD's must be made out of a different material or something? I wonder why they're cracked?

FWIW I just had Chipotle and I'm certain that if I owned that one in EP at the South West Station I'd for SURE had a new turbo - lol! Probably any Chipotle for that matter!

Nick
I'm getting close to scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to movies now, have started to watch some over again in bluray, helps justify the tv, av system etc From reading online, seems like Netflix blames the mail sorting equipment for the cracks, who knows...

I had a nice 'potle for lunch. Damn that stuff is good. I go to the EP one quite a bit and it's always busy for sure. Only one I've seen busier is the one in Uptown. Unfortunatley they don't do franchises, checked that out years ago!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 10:21 PM   #169
MN BMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I'd do what they recommend, you can probably get away with a little darker since you don't have a black interior. I had 50% all the way around on my Mustang and it def. wasn't dark enough (performance and cosmetic wise).

Nick
Good advice, thanks Nick
      02-19-2010, 10:23 PM   #170
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I was leaving for Chipotle tonight and this lady was like "beautiful car" - I'm like hey thanks! but inside I always feel dumb. Why is that?

Hey Gary,

Guess what? I bet you don't have a clue about mid February car complements because yours stays stuffed in a garage so nobody can she how pretty she is! lol The roads are pretty good now, I think you should go get that battery charging for crying out loud! You get that cover painted yet?

Nick

EDIT: Might as well take the snows off, Anvar is going to need new ones next year and you might as well get some money out of them... j/k I'm so happy I'm not the most anal person on here - it's nice not to be the guy getting teased all the time

You know the only attention I have ever gotten in my car was some tool in an SRT4 who kept speeding up / slowing down next to me (while staring) on an empty 494 for like 3 miles. Anyway, sounds like I need to get it over to Chipotle more often

They just finished installing the bumper this evening (I know, but I'm lazy when my garage is so cold), so I'm heading in to pick it up in the morning. I was just thinking I would have used it this week if it hadn't been in the shop, but I'll be using it over this weekend methinks.

Ths snows seemed like a good idea at the time. I think I underestimated my analness (is that a word?) when it came to winter use
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 10:26 PM   #171
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Good advice, thanks Nick
+1, I had beige on my E90 and it was so much brighter inside - I think you could def go a little darker with the tint. Are you doing the driver / passenger side windows too?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 10:29 PM   #172
MN BMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRL-MN View Post
+1, I had beige on my E90 and it was so much brighter inside - I think you could def go a little darker with the tint. Are you doing the driver / passenger side windows too?
Yeah, All the way around minus the windshield. I think some black grills might also compliment the look!
      02-19-2010, 10:33 PM   #173
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, All the way around minus the windshield. I think some black grills might also compliment the look!
For sure! I'm having black grilles fitted with my new bumper. I got the Bimmian ones thru Imola, they are nearly the same price as OEM, but the quality & fitment seems very good. I'll post up some pics when I get the car back in the morning.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 10:38 PM   #174
BSME90
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2007 328xi  [9.00]
MN tint laws suck! You can technically still get a ticket even with 50% tint. That is because cars are tinted already from the factory. So with the addition of that, tint meters will go around 42 - 47% and I've heard some police will still give a fine for that.

If you have a black/dark interior, you should stick with 35%. If you have a lighter interior, you can jump the gun and go for 30 or 20%.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 10:53 PM   #175
ajvee
Major
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Can't wait to see it!

Nick

WOW! close to an entire page's worth of action. Porsches, Chipotle, Tools in SRT4s! Man, I've missed out.

I love porsches. Aside from the 911 turbo which is on my list as well, I have a soft spot for the 944 turbo.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 11:05 PM   #176
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I will never forget seeing your car at Imola for the first time. My honest to god first thought was "good lord, this guy is worse than me..." I seriously thought it was a 2010 M-sport with 2 miles on it... In fact I TOLD someone it was an M-sport car.

Nick
lol, I guess I'm pretty bad alright! Do you use q-tips to clean around your wheel nuts? Sometimes I find myself doing this and wonder what is wrong with me
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread