E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > No wheelarch hatch for dipped-beam HID replacement

07-13-2019, 01:41 PM   #1
Whatevs0
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i Cabriolet (E93, 2007)

No wheelarch hatch for dipped-beam HID replacement

Hi Everyone,

Maiden post here, having just taken ownership of a July 2007 E93 320i (auto) with Xenon/HID headlights.

My front-left dipped-beam flickers and gives a failure warning on the dash/iDrive. All the replacement guides I have seen online show bulbs being replaced via an access hatch in the wheelarch. Problem: My E93 does not have an access hatch in the wheelarches.

Has anyone ever come across this before? I'd appreciate any suggestions for the easiest way to access the bulb?

If possible, I would like to avoid removing the entire wheelarch liner - it looks like a very awkward job for someone with limited experience.

Thanks for your help.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 04:38 PM   #2
lucasmiller2015
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatevs0 View Post
Hi Everyone,

Maiden post here, having just taken ownership of a July 2007 E93 320i (auto) with Xenon/HID headlights.

My front-left dipped-beam flickers and gives a failure warning on the dash/iDrive. All the replacement guides I have seen online show bulbs being replaced via an access hatch in the wheelarch. Problem: My E93 does not have an access hatch in the wheelarches.

Has anyone ever come across this before? I'd appreciate any suggestions for the easiest way to access the bulb?

If possible, I would like to avoid removing the entire wheelarch liner - it looks like a very awkward job for someone with limited experience.

Thanks for your help.
Here are instructions: https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...dlight/P9Oqobx

Looks like you do need to remove the wheel arch cover. I've done that quite a few times on my E90's, and it's not too bad. The hardest part is probably lining it up to reinstall it. There's a link to the instructions for that in the instructions above as well.

Previous: 2011 E90 335i | Black Sapphire Metallic | 2007 E90 335i | Monaco Blue Metallic
Appreciate 0