E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Isudar speakers+subs same as Bavsound?

06-30-2022, 09:55 AM   #1
Papa Popov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i 6MT

Garage List
Isudar speakers+subs same as Bavsound?

Posting this here to share my impressions of Isudar's speakers. Pretty sure they're identical to Bavsound's stuff at a fraction of the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Popov View Post
Had a chance to install my Isudar tweeters and mids this morning. Need to grab a T50 to install the subs so the comments below only pertain to the speakers.

Based off of recent pics and vids of Bavsound stuff, the Isudar kit is identical in packaging and design with a couple cosmetic differences. The branding is obviously different, the wires are purple, and the connectors aren't color coded. Here's an album with a few quick pics of each piece.
View post on imgur.com

Install was the same as any other PnP speaker kit and was pretty easy. Broke a couple clips on one door card and the rears were a pain in the ass to get in but other than that it was smooth sailing, taking about 2 hours total. Only gripes are the connectors on the mids are identical with no way of identifying which goes to power and which does to the tweeter and that the female connectors for the mids are on wires instead of being integrated into the speaker like OEM. These wires are too damn long and make a mess. They were even pushing the rear mids out of their cubby until I got the bolts back in. Minor issues though given that I got everything working on the first attempt. I either got insanely lucky or the power and tweeter connectors are reversible. If that's the case my first gripe is moot.

As for performance, these things are pretty damn good. I'm no audiophile but this kit is a significant step up from my stock HiFi setup with a Bavsound Revenant amp. The difference isn't as significant as it was going from the stock amp to the Revenant, but the difference is definitely noticeable. The soundstage is wider, highs are significantly more crisp, and the mids added a noticeable amount of bass. The sound just feels fuller and more substantial. Bavsound has a tune for their speakers and subs preloaded on their amp, so once I get the subs installed I'll give that a whirl.

Given the performance I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that these aren't shitty Chinese clones, and that Isudar is selling the same stuff as Bavsound for half the price. Last I checked the works from Bavsound was ~$1250. My kit from Isudar was ~$680 shipped, but their dumbass site doesn't tell you that the tweeters come in pairs (you have to select single or pair for the mids) so I bought 2 sets of each (If anyone wants to buy front and rear tweets lemme know). If you aren't a moron like me the total for everything is closer to $590. Its also worth noting that you'll get hit with a foreign transaction fee even if you use Paypal, so once again don't be a moron like me and use a card with no FTFs.

Will try to install the subs later today. Will report back on those and how the whole setup performs using the Revenant tune designed for a full Bavsound setup.

Here's all of the crap I ordered
View post on imgur.com

Last edited by Papa Popov; 06-30-2022 at 10:01 AM..
Appreciate 1
      06-30-2022, 11:02 PM   #2
Papa Popov
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Adding impressions of the subwoofers

Quote:
Just got the subs in, pics below. Parts are identical to Bavsound's equivalent as far as I can tell. No drama with the install, just a lot of damn screws you have to get out while holding the seats up.
View post on imgur.com

Performance is pretty much the same deal as with the speakers. Sound is clearer, crisper, punchier, etc. etc. insert audiophile buzzwords here. Just look up reviews of Bavsound or BimmerTech stuff and the same will apply. All I can say is that when you crank the volume up you unlock an ass massage feature that our cars lacked from the factory. Also excited for the speakers and subs to break in as I'm sure they'll only get better with time. One thing to note - after installing the subs it was pretty clear that the balance between mids/highs and bass was pretty outta whack with just the upgraded speakers installed. Personally, I'd start with an amp then go all or nothing with speakers and subs to maintain the balance.

I also swapped the tune on my Bavsound Revenant amp from the stock Hi-Fi to the tune for their full kit. Really hard to describe the change, but it just took all of the improvements the hardware made and cranked it up to 11. Weird that the Bavsound kit tune jives so well with another brand's hardware. Wonder why that is

TLDR: Isudar's stuff is the real deal. I wouldn't waste my money on Bavsound (or BimmerTech) when you can get the same stuff for less than half the price.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2022, 11:21 AM   #3
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Dinan stage 2 335i

This is great to know. Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2023, 04:11 PM   #4
brooks1005
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i Coupe M Sport

Garage List
I upgraded the HK front door and dash speakers in my 2013 e92 to the Isudar. Sounds clearer and louder. Thinking of completing the upgrade to the rest of the speakers. Did you keep your stock amp or did you complete the package with one of their amps?
      01-09-2023, 09:53 AM   #5
Papa Popov
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooks1005 View Post
I upgraded the HK front door and dash speakers in my 2013 e92 to the Isudar. Sounds clearer and louder. Thinking of completing the upgrade to the rest of the speakers. Did you keep your stock amp or did you complete the package with one of their amps?
Upgraded my stock amp to one from Bavsound about a year and a half before putting the Isudar kit in. The amp made a much bigger difference than the speakers IMO.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2023, 10:40 AM   #6
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Upgraded my stock amp to one from Bavsound about a year and a half before putting the Isudar kit in. The amp made a much bigger difference than the speakers IMO.
You were hifi though, correct? The HK amp isn't easily replaceable but sounds great stock. The stock hifi setup sounds awful.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2023, 10:41 AM   #7
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooks1005 View Post
I'm not sure if the Isudar speakers are the same but I used to have Logic7 with full BSW speakers and the sound was simply incredible. I've been chasing it ever since and plan to do a Logic7 retrofit as I can't get even close to that sound with my Bimmertech amp.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2023, 01:29 PM   #8
Papa Popov
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by whyzee125 View Post
You were hifi though, correct? The HK amp isn't easily replaceable but sounds great stock. The stock hifi setup sounds awful.
My upgrade path was Stock HiFi -> Bavsound amp + Hifi speakers/subs -> Bavsound amp + Isudar speakers/subs. Both upgrades were very noticeable, but the amp made the biggest difference.

I don't know too much about L7, but I think the specs are completely different than HiFi or even HK so its a completely different beast. For example, when I was looking into the sub specs IIRC I found that L7 is 4ohm while everything else is 2ohm.
Appreciate 1
whyzee1251637.00
      01-09-2023, 07:57 PM   #9
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
My upgrade path was Stock HiFi -> Bavsound amp + Hifi speakers/subs -> Bavsound amp + Isudar speakers/subs. Both upgrades were very noticeable, but the amp made the biggest difference.

I don't know too much about L7, but I think the specs are completely different than HiFi or even HK so its a completely different beast. For example, when I was looking into the sub specs IIRC I found that L7 is 4ohm while everything else is 2ohm.
Correct, L7 and HK are the same thing, they just changed the name in 2010 but very different beast from hifi.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2023, 10:44 PM   #10
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep

Still liking these? I just blew a subwoofer on my hifi system. Stock speakers and bimmertech amp. I'm thinking of upgrading all my speakers now but I'm hesitant because most say the amp makes the biggest difference and so far I'm not impressed. I wouldn't spend the money to get less improvement than I did from the amp, though I do have a blown sub now that I have to deal with.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2023, 04:23 AM   #11
M-technik-3
Major
Rep
Drives: E30 M3, E36 M3, 328iT, 335i

Garage List
1995 M3  [9.00]
2007 E91  [7.25]
1988 M3  [9.50]
Was on their webpage and it says the sub's are sold out.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2023, 10:45 AM   #12
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Jehnerts or Marconi /gladen and Helix (audio tec fisther) also makes speakers
which would match the 86dsp made by audio tec fisher.

I have Jehnert xe 200's warm and accurate.
At 273 each for isudars I don't think the Jehnerts are more expensive
at least the last time I looked.

Gladen or Helix probably are a better buy.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2023, 10:48 AM   #13
Papa Popov
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by whyzee125 View Post
Still liking these? I just blew a subwoofer on my hifi system. Stock speakers and bimmertech amp. I'm thinking of upgrading all my speakers now but I'm hesitant because most say the amp makes the biggest difference and so far I'm not impressed. I wouldn't spend the money to get less improvement than I did from the amp, though I do have a blown sub now that I have to deal with.
Very happy with them, especially for the price. They do make a big difference, just not quite to the degree that the amp did. I have a long commute so it’s been money well spent for me.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2023, 01:21 PM   #14
tankertoad
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2000 e46 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
Jehnerts or Marconi /gladen and Helix (audio tec fisther) also makes speakers
which would match the 86dsp made by audio tec fisher.

I have Jehnert xe 200's warm and accurate.
At 273 each for isudars I don't think the Jehnerts are more expensive
at least the last time I looked.

Gladen or Helix probably are a better buy.
I put Jehnerts into my daughter’s e90 based on recommendations online. I’m not impressed. My veteran installer (IASCA wins) thinks they’re decent but there are better underseat options, including the Audisons and BMW Logic 7. If only being used as mid bass along with a dedicated sub, they’re ok.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2023, 08:08 PM   #15
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Where you doing it with the stock amplifier
are you bass head.
No kind of speaker will compensate for the crappy
BMW amplifiers.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2023, 10:56 PM   #16
brooks1005
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i Coupe M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-technik-3 View Post
Was on their webpage and it says the sub's are sold out.
Search Puzu subwoofer on Aliexpress or use this link: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568...d=sm9qQsrjnuOc

Identical to the Bavsound woofer.