E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > BMW CREE LED Angel Eyes | 2-Year Warranty | 10W, 20W, 32W & 40W | Horizon LEDs

Closed Thread

06-01-2014, 07:16 PM   #243
HorizonLEDs
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Honda Accord

Just a few more pictures which were emailed to me... some different angle shots! ;-)

Thanks again chaps!

P.S Sorry about the watermarks!

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2014, 01:39 PM   #244
HorizonLEDs
United Kingdom
Rep

Further pictures to showcase our 20W E90 kits this time...

Horizon LEDs 20W Angel Eyes & HB4/9006 30W Cree LED Bulbs Vs OEM Bulbs

Horizon LEDs 20W Angel Eyes & HB4/9006 30W Cree LED Bulbs Completed

Horizon LEDs 20W Angel Eyes & HB4/9006 30W Cree LED Bulbs Completed - excellent match with the OEM Factory Fitted Xenon Bulbs!

These are a very cost effective Angel Eye kits, with a 2 year warranty and really do transform the look of your pride & joy!

Any questions, dont hesitate to ask!

Thank you to our customer for sharing with us and allowing us to use them :-)
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2014, 02:16 PM   #245
grimwood1992
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93

Once mine arrive which I hope will be tomorrow and I've fitted I will put pics up. Mine are the 40w bulbs so I'm sure they will not disappoint
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2014, 02:24 PM   #246
HorizonLEDs
United Kingdom
Rep

Looking forward to your pics mate! :-)
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2014, 02:46 PM   #247
M power king
Rep
Drives: 330i pre lci M sport

These look excellent! Going to be my first mod
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 01:22 AM   #248
HorizonLEDs
United Kingdom
Rep

Looking forward to your order :-)
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 11:35 AM   #249
HorizonLEDs
United Kingdom
Rep

Got even more pictures to share with you all - watch this space ;-)
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 07:38 AM   #250
grimwood1992
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimwood1992 View Post
Once mine arrive which I hope will be tomorrow and I've fitted I will put pics up. Mine are the 40w bulbs so I'm sure they will not disappoint
Hi zain,

Not sure if your still having problems with Hermes but they still haven't arrived

Cheers Michael Grimwood
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 05:30 AM   #251
HorizonLEDs
United Kingdom
Rep

Glad you got them today Michael after the address/postcode mix up! Looking forward to your pictures.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 05:47 AM   #252
Dizzle
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 335xD

Would love to see none gold vs gold lci halogen comparsion pics
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 05:59 AM   #253
grimwood1992
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorizonLEDs View Post
Glad you got them today Michael after the address/postcode mix up! Looking forward to your pictures.

Cheers
Highly recommend horizon LEDs great customer service. I'm sure zain will put up some of the pictures I've sent him.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 06:03 AM   #254
HorizonLEDs
United Kingdom
Rep

Hi,

We havent had the oppurtunity to test these as a comparison, but what I have done is bench tested these using a headlamp unit from an X6 ;-)

They are very good! The inner ring does look a different colour but that is really the effect from the camera (iPhone), in person they are a proper true match and a much deeper white shine!

Thanks,

Zain
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 06:03 AM   #255
HorizonLEDs
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimwood1992 View Post
Highly recommend horizon LEDs great customer service. I'm sure zain will put up some of the pictures I've sent him.

Thanks for the feedback mate, its on my to do list ;-)

Cheers for the pictures too!

Zain
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 11:55 AM   #256
HorizonLEDs
United Kingdom
Rep

Here are some pictures from member grimwood1992! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us, glad you like the new look ;-)

As always pictures really dont do them proper justice as they are just amazing in person! The outer ring seems to be missing but this is effect caused by the camera...

Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 12:28 PM   #257
grimwood1992
Lieutenant
Rep

[QUOTE=HorizonLEDs;16086804]Here are some pictures from member grimwood1992! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us, glad you like the new look ;-)

As always pictures really dont do them proper justice as they are just amazing in person! The outer ring seems to be missing but this is effect caused by the camera...

[/QUOTE
Definately don't do them justice. Iphone pictures and it was sunny outside. Gonna take some night time pics later
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 12:59 PM   #258
HorizonLEDs
United Kingdom
Rep

Looking forward to them buddy ;-)

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 01:21 PM   #259
HorizonLEDs
United Kingdom
Rep

Smile

Hi All,

Here are some more pictures; this time is a E90 LCI model which had the Factory Fitted Halogens Dipped/Low Bean, Main/High Beam & Fog Lights. Firstly I would like to say a massive thanks to Brian for sharing these excellent pictures of his pride & joy! Much appreciated.

This BMW has been given the Horizon LEDs treatment where the Angel Eyes, Dipped/Low Beam & Main/High Beam have all been converted to the latest technology of Xenon & CREE LED. Oh and the interior too!

Also for those who were interested in our H7 Cree LED Headlight Kit (2589 Lumens), well here are the pictures, and to say these were taken in daylight it is pretty impressive indeed!

Before Pictures

Comparison Pictures

Final Shots

Products which Brian bought are as below: -

Xenon HID Kit - H7R Bulbs (Anti-Glare 6000K) for Dipped/Low Beam

http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/xenon-h...conversion-kit

CREE LED Angel Eyes

http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/oem-led...led-angel-eyes

H7 CREE LED Headlight Conversion Kit

http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/cree-le...-headlight-kit

HB4/9006 (Fitment Varies Across E90s) CREE LED 30W Fog Lights

http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/cree-le...-led-fog-bulbs

Canbus Fog Light Adaptors

http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/led-acc...ning-canceller

As always, any questions just email us on Forums@HorizonLEDs.co.uk or send us a PM.

Thanks,

Zain
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 05:08 PM   #260
grimwood1992
Lieutenant
Rep

So just been out and in the car thought I would take a look at the lights! Impressed is an understatement can't even get them on came there so bright and fills both rings easily. Great change to the stock ones.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2014, 04:58 AM   #261
dreamonn
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Alpina D3BT

Cree H7 LEDs

Why are people only fitting the H7 Cree LEDs in the main bulbs & HIDs in the dipped? I'm looking to fit LEDs in both & I'm surprised people are still fitting HID kits with the revised MOT regulations.

Do you have any fitting instructions for the H7 LEDs as I know space is tight in the headlight assemblies & I'd be interested to know how you recommend installing the bigger bulb with the fan assembly and securing everything.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2014, 08:32 AM   #262
HorizonLEDs
United Kingdom
Rep

Hi,

Some good questions there actually. Firstly people fit the HIDs to the dipped beam as they are higher in terms of lumens output... a 35W HID Kit produces around 3500 Lumens, the LED kit only about 2500. People tend to upgrade to HIDs in their dipped beam because they get more light and it just makes night time driving better.

There was a time where people would fit a HID kit to the main beam too but with the ‘warm up’ time and the risk of damaging the ballasts it wasn’t a good idea, they couldn’t even be used as flashing.

So with the LED main beam it makes much more sense with their instant brightness and the ability to use them as flashing other drivers and being able to be seen. Of course it matches the Xenon HID kit too in terms of the colour.

So in reality if your looking to improve your dipped beam then HIDs are the only way forward as they are currently the brightest and best upgrade available, and with the H7R bulbs they don’t cause any glare, and are just like OEM ones. The technology used on the H7R bulbs is the same as the D2R bulbs, which are used across many factory fitted applications where they have reflector lens like the BMW's.

As for the MOT side of things, we sell our kits worldwide so the legislation varies. The above pictures are in fact from our customer in Ireland, so I am pretty certain they will have different MOT test to what they have in England. That said I know many people who have HIDs fitted not according to legislation and even big firms such as Halfords Autocentres & Kwik Fit are passing these cars through the MOT, all because these HIDs have been fitted by taking the light unit out and enclosing everything where the kit cant even be seen. As long as the beam pattern is correct they will pass them day in day out, and to be honest I don’t think people will be too fussed about the MOT side of things because they are not policing this in any way or form... that’s just speaking from the experience our customers have told us about.

Then again we sell worldwide so our customer base varies a lot hence why we sell them as off road use only, just like all the other retailers online.

As for the fitting the LED kit it is very easy, in the pictures they may look big but they are actually small, you will see the measurements on our website. What you need to do is remove the H7 base from the bulb unit by twisting it off. Fit this into your bulb holder along with the spring to secure it, then get the bulb unit and fit it into the headlight and lock it into the base. Then of course plug in the cables etc... As below: -

Hope that helps, any questions just let us know.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 12:12 PM   #263
mastrchee
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i4 M50

thinking of getting your H7 Cree kit for my mrs's 1er... does it fit well without modification? how far does the light disperse? i know probably not as much as xenon/projector, but hopefully better than the stock halogen?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 03:56 PM   #264
HorizonLEDs
United Kingdom
Rep

Hi,

Yes they are a perfect fit, plug and play! No modifications are required at all. As for light disperse, better than stock halogen bulbs, but of course not as good as the Xenons as they are about 3200-3500 lumens, these are 2589. Stock is around 1500-1700 depending on the bulb quality.

I hope that helps, and do look forward to your order.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread