E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Hill Descent Control not working

07-12-2020, 01:34 PM   #1
ultimate-tester
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 xDrive28i

Hill Descent Control not working

Hi all,

I’ve owned my e90 for over a year now but never used hdc, I didn’t know what the button was for. Now I do know It’s for hdc, but the button literally doesn’t do anything. No lights, nothing on the dash, not a thing. Button feels OK. Is there any procedure to diagnose hdc? What is required to make it work?

Kind regards
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 12:17 PM   #2
Kreuger_
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: -

I have never got it to work either and haven't bothered trying to figure it out yet :'D
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 10:13 AM   #3
matteblue3er
Captain
Rep
Drives: Racecar

I've only used it once. If I recall correctly, you need to be stopped, activate it, then let off the brake. Obviously this only works on a downward slope. If you accelerate, I think it gets disabled. The top speed is like 4mph or something like that
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 08:11 PM   #4
fiveightandten
Private
Rep
Drives: F22 M235, E36 M3, E30 325, E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate-tester View Post
Hi all,

I’ve owned my e90 for over a year now but never used hdc, I didn’t know what the button was for. Now I do know It’s for hdc, but the button literally doesn’t do anything. No lights, nothing on the dash, not a thing. Button feels OK. Is there any procedure to diagnose hdc? What is required to make it work?

Kind regards
You can only activate HDC is you are driving under 20 mph / 35 km/h. It works much like cruise control. It will deactivate if you go over 35 mph/60 km/h. You can increase or decrease the set speed using the cruise control lever.

I don't remember what indicator comes on in the cluster. But you should feel the system working. Try it on a steep downhill incline at low speeds.
Appreciate 1