E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Wrapping an E93 (non-m) questions

03-28-2023, 01:37 PM   #1
Hauteknits
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i E93 N55 6MT

Wrapping an E93 (non-m) questions

Hey guys, I've been wanting to wrap my car for a while now, I've been thinking about a "midnight blue" type of color, I want something that looks almost black, but is actually a deep navy. Not looking for metallic/reflective, ideally something matte (metallic matte would be fine). Here are just some questions I have.

1) What company should I get my vinyl from and how much should I get for the whole car (whole roof included)

2) Aside from the Vinyl, Squeegee, Heat Gun, and general cleaning supplies/tools, anything else I should I should pick up?

3) Anyone have a solid video going through the process?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2023, 11:54 PM   #2
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i

I tried wrapping once. I couldn’t get the hang of it.

A fender and door came out slick, the rest was rough.
Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2023, 08:19 PM   #3
Hauteknits
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i E93 N55 6MT

Yeah I know its gonna be rough, gonna dedicate a week to it in the summer when I have time, Just concerned for the roof
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2023, 10:41 AM   #4
DarkPhoenix0507
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 328i Widebody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hauteknits View Post
Hey guys, I've been wanting to wrap my car for a while now, I've been thinking about a "midnight blue" type of color, I want something that looks almost black, but is actually a deep navy. Not looking for metallic/reflective, ideally something matte (metallic matte would be fine). Here are just some questions I have.

1) What company should I get my vinyl from and how much should I get for the whole car (whole roof included)

2) Aside from the Vinyl, Squeegee, Heat Gun, and general cleaning supplies/tools, anything else I should I should pick up?

3) Anyone have a solid video going through the process?

1) What company should I get my vinyl from and how much should I get for the whole car (whole roof included) - 59ft will do a whole car including the roof. I do believe I found the color you want too

https://www.vinylfrog.com/products/m...39940038688901

2) Aside from the Vinyl, Squeegee, Heat Gun, and general cleaning supplies/tools, anything else I should I should pick up? - 3M makes a Line Cutting tape that works very well to assist in cutting sharp edges. You will also want Olfa Blades, a soft glove that can take a bit of heat, and patience

3) Anyone have a solid video going through the process? - This Video isnt bad. He knows what hes doing for sure.

Appreciate 0
      04-14-2023, 12:48 PM   #5
DarkPhoenix0507
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 328i Widebody

Found a better video for you

Appreciate 0