E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Help Diagnosing Braking Problem

02-07-2019, 11:04 PM   #1
mcarlin88
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i Xdrive M-Sport

Question Help Diagnosing Braking Problem

This morning I got in the car and noticed a strange noise after I hit the front window defrost button. The noise only lasted about 10 seconds and sounded like the blower motor having an issue but then went away.

The real problem arose when I started driving away and applied the brakes while leaving my complex. When I applied the brakes the pedal and car started shuddering. It was as if I was applying the brakes in 1st gear with no clutch trying to come to a complete stop, but the car was in neutral.

I started to drive away, confused about what happened, and the car did it again. The brake pedal went back and forth from soft to hard intermittently every second. It felt almost as if 2 brake pads were missing and the car was only catching on a couple disks.

Some background before this started happening, I've been noticing a sound when making left turns. It's been happening intermittently and seemed to be more noticeable in neutral then when in gear. I got an audio recording of the noise happening twice in the audio clip below. This is also a similar to the noise that occurred after I hit the front defrost button today

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DKM...ew?usp=drivedk

I have also been noticing a noise that sounds like the shocks depressing every time i run over any bumps in the road. Not sure how relevant all of this is but I wanted to provide as much detail as possible. Also wanted to rule out warped rotors as issue, I have had this problem before on another vehicle and the symptoms here are far different. Thank you guys for the help
Appreciate 0